Kirbyville vs La Vega @ Turner Stadium/Humble Thur. 7:30PM

Lefty99

[quote name="kville68" post="908946" timestamp="1289771144"]
I think one of the Wildcats greatest advantages is Ford but not just because of his rushing. Every week you can read the press from the hometown of who we are playing. They think he is the whole team. They do have to focus on him or he will make them pay but he is a team player and an unusually unselfish player for an athlete of his caliber. He has that rare vision of the feild. But while the D is worried about him Burman physically TAKES his yards and Haywood is accross the line before they notice he has the ball. If you watch Ford during the game he is just as happy when any of them do well. Thats a lot of weapons but thats not even close to all that La Vega has to worry about because it looks like the two biggest game changers every week are Breed and Cucancic. No game plan can shut those two down because they are everywhere at once. Mike Tyson said once [b]"Everybody has a plan.....Until they get hit"[/b] and if that hit come from either  Breed or Will Tyler you can bet that plan just changed!  You can have your D-backs shadow Ford all night but as a whole this team is tough.
[/quote]BREAKING NEWS!!!!!"GREAT POST" about Wildcats from kville68.... sorry couldn't resist 68 ;D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the Wildcats greatest advantages is Ford but not just because of his rushing. Every week you can read the press from the hometown of who we are playing. They think he is the whole team. They do have to focus on him or he will make them pay but he is a team player and an unusually unselfish player for an athlete of his caliber. He has that rare vision of the feild. But while the D is worried about him Burman physically TAKES his yards and Haywood is accross the line before they notice he has the ball. [b]If you watch Ford during the game he is just as happy when any of them do well. [/b] Thats a lot of weapons but thats not even close to all that La Vega has to worry about because it looks like the two biggest game changers every week are Breed and Cucancic. No game plan can shut those two down because they are everywhere at once. Mike Tyson said once [b]"Everybody has a plan.....Until they get hit"[/b] and if that hit come from either  Breed or Will Tyler you can bet that plan just changed!  You can have your D-backs shadow Ford all night but as a whole this team is tough.
[/quote]

Great post and the highlighted part is something that I've preached all yr.  Very unselfish young man!

I think one of the Wildcats greatest advantages is Ford but not just because of his rushing. Every week you can read the press from the hometown of who we are playing. They think he is the whole team. They do have to focus on him or he will make them pay but he is a team player and an unusually unselfish player for an athlete of his caliber. He has that rare vision of the feild. But while the D is worried about him Burman physically TAKES his yards and Haywood is accross the line before they notice he has the ball. If you watch Ford during the game he is just as happy when any of them do well. Thats a lot of weapons but thats not even close to all that La Vega has to worry about because it looks like the two biggest game changers every week are Breed and Cucancic. No game plan can shut those two down because they are everywhere at once. Mike Tyson said once [b]"Everybody has a plan.....Until they get hit"[/b] and if that hit come from either  Breed or Will Tyler you can bet that plan just changed!  You can have your D-backs shadow Ford all night but as a whole this team is tough.
[/quote]

He may be happy when other players get the ball and do well, but he sure doesn't block for them worth a crap. I know, I've seen the film.

With the style any of the three run it is hard to block past the line. They pick their own lines as they see them develop and its hard to keep up with them from behind let alone get ahead of them. The way Burman, and Haywood smile and cut up with him on the sidelines looks like they dont mind what he is doing. If they like it, I love it ;D

[quote name="chs11" post="909235" timestamp="1289784832"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=76017.msg908946#msg908946 date=1289771144]
[/quote]

He may be happy when other players get the ball and do well, but he sure doesn't block for them worth a crap. I know, I've seen the film.
[/quote]
That is about the dumbest and most inaccurate quote I have seen all year long.  What turnip truck did you fall from?  You have got to be kidding right?

what does the line have to do with Ford getting down the field and blocking.  Ask anyone that thinks before they speak.  A great example was this past week when he put a BB player on their back right before Ervine unusually fumbled the ball in the first half.  I have seen him make many blocks this year.  have you ever noticed how many times people complain about hoilding?  That there should tell u that people look at more than just the ball carrier every play.  Go to bed you got school in the morning son!!!!

Well I guess they will just have to limp along on what they are getting then. ;D  Must suck only getting 1000 yards plus backing up a 2000 yard plus rb, and going to the playoffs on an undeafeated team.  Ford is doing what he is supposed to you can count on it!

[quote name="chs11" post="909235" timestamp="1289784832"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Then you have not watch the right film ... been in the stands for every game ... blocks when told to ... heywood goes off on a long run last week from a block by ford ... go back to the Bridge City game and see the Bridge City player he FLIPPED to let Heywood break of another run ...  :o

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="909318" timestamp="1289788948"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=76017.msg909235#msg909235 date=1289784832]
[/quote]

[/quote]Then you have not watch the right film ... been in the stands for every game ... blocks when told to ... heywood goes off on a long run last week from a block by ford ... go back to the Bridge City game and see the Bridge City player he FLIPPED to let Heywood break of another run ...  :o
[/quote]Oh and by the way I do watch the blockers every game ... was a very good lineman in my time ..blocked for a weatherspoon in pineland ... cant help myself from looking at the line during the game ... drives my family and friends nuts in the stands when I talk about this one moving his hand before the snap and this one holding etc.. and I will tell them when we got away with something we shouldnt have ... so dont speak when ya dont know ...

I agree with you, I was an old lineman myself and watch the blockers just a habit and Ford has made some blocks that opens up those big runs for the others, and Dave Campbells has had Kirbyville at 6 in the rankings besides winning is all that counts from here on out. Should be a good game against La Vega.

La Vega Stats (Prior to Fairfield game)

[b]Passing[/b]
Devin McGowan
60/101 900 yards 10TD's  5 INT's

[b]Rushing[/b]
Devin McGowan
142 - 773  12 TD's

Javon Arnett
68 - 459  3 TD's

Randy Gober
59 - 347  4 TD's

[b]Receiving[/b]
Tyree Jackson
24 - 461  7 TD's

Devonte Jones
19 - 253  3 TD's

Their leading tacklers on defense :
Michael Drummond, Trey Ridge, Kenneth Coleman, Tyrice Irby, Anthony Martinez & Jordan Taylor.

Hope this helps.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="909336" timestamp="1289790190"]
[quote author=Kville99 link=topic=76017.msg909333#msg909333 date=1289790135]
I played line as well and know exactly what ya'll are talking about
[/quote]

Big goofy one at that!  ;D
[/quote]
Easy there lefty, easy.     ;D ;D ;D
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=76017.msg909339#msg909339 date=1289790392]
I'm just telling you what I saw film, "son", and the film don't lie.
[/quote]
I guess all of us are wrong and you are the only one right, huh?  Go figure!  Yeah i called you "son", and why are you still up?  beddy bye time isn't it?

[quote name="chs11" post="909339" timestamp="1289790392"]
[/quote]

Well, neither do records and I will educate you on an old saying...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Kirbyville knows what they are doing and whatever game film you saw isn't any indication as to how good this team is.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="909352" timestamp="1289790809"]
[/quote]

Kirbyville knows what they are doing and whatever game film you saw isn't any indication as to how good this team is.
[/quote]
I have seen Coldspring and I know right now that if they ain't broke this week they will be next...LOL

[quote name="Lefty99" post="909352" timestamp="1289790809"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Listen, i never said anything about the quality of team kville is, there's no dispute they're a good team, i just pointed out one aspect of the game of one player, yall blew it out of proportion. Jeez, It's like if someone doesn't praise the almighty kville on this site it's blaphemy.....blasphemy i mean :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P