Sabine Pass????

Dove Sabine Pass Is  a 1a team..And after the storm the UIL has allowed kids that live in PA to transfer. Not realy fair for the reat of the schools in 1a but thats the UIL for you. So if a kid is not quite good enough to make the 5a PM they can go to SP and be a star. So no one knows what they have this year untill the first game ;D But with what they lost last year I only see them finishing 3 or 4 in this dist.

[quote name="True Blue" post="906893" timestamp="1289666728"]
Dove Sabine Pass Is  a 1a team..And after the storm the UIL has allowed kids that live in PA to transfer. Not realy fair for the reat of the schools in 1a but thats the UIL for you. So if a kid is not quite good enough to make the 5a PM they can go to SP and be a star. So no one knows what they have this year untill the first game ;D But with what they lost last year I only see them finishing 3 or 4 in this dist.
[/quote]Thanks True, didn't realize the ruling after the storm.

TrueBlue your interpretation of UIL rules never ceases to amaze me. Most schools in Southeast Texas allow transfers. Some charge a fee for kids that don't live in the district.Here's where you continue to miss the boat, the kids can not be cleared to play any sport unless they live in the district or they are released by their old school.They can file a waiver with the UIL if they aren't released but very few of these are granted.One more misconception is that kids that can't play at Memorial can become stars at a small school.If a kid can play, he can play ,if he can't he will be average no matter where he goes.Sabine Pass will face the same challenges this year as any school that graduates 3 or 4 of their best players and that is replacing points.I think they will be in the same district as they have been in and I don't see them beating Evadale or BS this year.They could play HD and WH pretty close for 3rd.JMO

[quote name="whsalum" post="907114" timestamp="1289676570"]
TrueBlue your interpretation of UIL rules never ceases to amaze me. Most schools in Southeast Texas allow transfers. Some charge a fee for kids that don't live in the district.Here's where you continue to miss the boat, the kids can not be cleared to play any sport unless they live in the district or they are released by their old school.They can file a waiver with the UIL if they aren't released but very few of these are granted.One more misconception is that kids that can't play at Memorial can become stars at a small school.If a kid can play, he can play ,if he can't he will be average no matter where he goes.Sabine Pass will face the same challenges this year as any school that graduates 3 or 4 of their best players and that is replacing points.I think they will be in the same district as they have been in and I don't see them beating Evadale or BS this year.They could play HD and WH pretty close for 3rd.JMO
[/quote]
Absolutely right, all the post about transfers is just ridiculous. It doesn't matter where you come from, if you are enrolled then you can play. It is always these people who grow up in small schools and communities that complain about TRANSFERS. For those who grow up and stay in a small school/community, goodluck in the real world.

P.S. The storm had nothing to do with the rule change

There are not 100 homes left in SP. SO the rules for any kid living in the Dist. was changed after the storm. That is the difference in transfers and kids that live in the dist.And it is not a misconception about a kid that could not make the starting team in PM playing a big part in a smaller school. Dont forget that there were 3 very good schools that were turned into one. So there are some real good players not getting playing time in PA. And with the open door in SP why would a kid not take that chance?? I am not saying anything is wrong with it thats just the case. But I know that there are a lot of coaches that dont like it. ;)

[quote name="True Blue" post="907255" timestamp="1289681539"]
There are not 100 homes left in SP. SO the rules for any kid living in the Dist. was changed after the storm. That is the difference in transfers and kids that live in the dist.And it is not a misconception about a kid that could not make the starting team in PM playing a big part in a smaller school. Dont forget that there were 3 very good schools that were turned into one. So there are some real good players not getting playing time in PA. And with the open door in SP why would a kid not take that chance?? I am not saying anything is wrong with it thats just the case. But I know that there are a lot of coaches that dont like it. ;)
[/quote]
Three schools?????
Lincoln and TJ and ..........

[quote name="Head Coach" post="907248" timestamp="1289681371"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=75999.msg907114#msg907114 date=1289676570]
[/quote]
Absolutely right, all the post about transfers is just ridiculous. It doesn't matter where you come from, if you are enrolled then you can play. It is always these [color=red]people who grow up in small schools and communities that complain about TRANSFERS[/color]. For those who grow up and stay in a small school/community, goodluck in the real world.

P.S. The storm had nothing to do with the rule change
[/quote] I seem to have read were a kid that is  TRansfering to YATES is not getting to play And I dont think that Houston Yates is that small of a communitie

[quote name="Head Coach" post="907266" timestamp="1289681711"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=75999.msg907255#msg907255 date=1289681539]
[/quote]
Three schools?????
Lincoln and TJ and ..........
[/quote]Port Acres, Steven F Austin I think they were a 3a team

[quote name="True Blue" post="906893" timestamp="1289666728"]
[/quote]

The other thing about the kids transfering to Sabine Pass, is that they have to meet a very high standard in terms of attendance, discipline and TAKS scores.  So not all of those kids who want to transfer get to get in.  SP coaches have told alot of people about those standards.  If you don't believe this ask one of the coaches.

Please dont get me wrong I for ONE see nothing  wrong for moving to get more playing time, or a better chance to get seen by a collage coach. I was just posting on a question that someone else asked. I think it is great that SP is still trying to be a indepentent school Dist. and not sending there kids to PA.

most of the kids at sp that are transfers have been there since middle school. once sfa went from being a high school to a middle school kids started going to sabine pass. and blue evadale gets kids from buna, vidor, lcm, and silsbee, heck prolly even lumberton. so it shouldnt be a big deal.

[quote name="apiolar" post="907426" timestamp="1289685948"]
most of the kids at sp that are transfers have been there since middle school. once sfa went from being a high school to a middle school kids started going to sabine pass. and blue evadale gets kids from buna, vidor, lcm, and silsbee, heck prolly even lumberton. so it shouldnt be a big deal.
[/quote] Read my post I said I HAVE NO PROB WITH IT I think a kid should be able to play were ever they wont.  Were I said that its not fair to other 1a schools is % of kids transfer. I know Evadale has transfers just not that many. They trun down alot each year.

I still stick to my guns about being a super star.Just because you transfer to a smaller school doesn't make you a super star.Your skill level will determine how much recognition you get.You may get more playing time at a small school but if you don't have the skills you will just be an average player.How many times should you let a kid transfer for more playing time? There are no guarantees he is going to get anymore playing time, what then?The UIL does a good job of attempting to keep folks honest which is what they are there to do.If a player has the skill to play college ball he will get some opportunities,the size of the opportunity will be directly related to the level of skill.

Here is my take... The Point Guard for Spuger is the best in 1a and will get plenty of exposure by making the playoff in 1a.. If he was to play at HJ, Silsbee, WOS, he would not be the starter, so playing at the smaller school is in his favor. But maybe super star is not the wright word, but playing at the small schools is still playing and not setting the bench.

[quote name="whsalum" post="907809" timestamp="1289696932"]
I still stick to my guns about being a super star.Just because you transfer to a smaller school doesn't make you a super star.Your skill level will determine how much recognition you get.You may get more playing time at a small school but if you don't have the skills you will just be an average player.How many times should you let a kid transfer for more playing time? There are no guarantees he is going to get anymore playing time, what then?The UIL does a good job of attempting to keep folks honest which is what they are there to do.If a player has the skill to play college ball he will get some opportunities,the size of the opportunity will be directly related to the level of skill.
[/quote] wh, if you decide to run for office, I will vote for you.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics