Dayton vs. Livingston predictions

I believe that the last time that Livingston beat Dayton was in 1995. I dont think that Coach Stewart has EVER lost to the Lions. The Lions have not scored over 50 this year in any game but they have not been held to less than 21. No team that they have played has a "D" as good as Dayton. They run the ball alot so time is going to click off of the clock and keep Dayton from scoring 50. Livingstons defense is in the same league as Crosby's. Both have big holes and you can pick them apart all game long. If you hold Livingston to under 35 then Dayton will win. Dayton should not have a problem scoring 38 to 49pts.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="900358" timestamp="1289141548"]
[quote author=BH6886 link=topic=75642.msg900329#msg900329 date=1289138125]
well thank u 4 being nice ... !!!  ;D ... its not that hard i am always nice ... we can just drop it ... thought i would just ask ... & yes it was not a very reliable source, thats why i just asked & didnt spread what i heard ... !!!

thought this would be the place to find out !!! but it seems that no1 knows what i am talkn about, so that kinda answers it 4 me !!!

[/quote]

the part that got me was the "soon enough" comment. It just seemed you were enjoying the fact that something negative might be happening. I suppose I misunderstood. :)
[/quote]

No you didn't misunderstand. I got the same vibe. Pot-stirring plain and simple.

[quote name="FSU24" post="900491" timestamp="1289150035"]
[quote author=#5 fever link=topic=75642.msg900253#msg900253 date=1289110740]
Dayton wins this game easy. No one has been able to run on the D and I don't see livingston doing it.
[/quote] TO ALL YOU DAYTON FANS THINK THAT YALL ARE GONNA STOP LIVINGSTONS OFFENSE..IM SORRY TO SAY BUT YOUR WRONG EVERY OTHER TEAM THAT LIVINGSTON HAS PLAYED HAS SAID THE SAME BUT SOMEHOW 3 OF LIVINGSTONS BACKS HAS 1000 YARDS RUSHING..DAYTON STARTED OFF 0-3 AND HAS A WEAK DISTRICT ON THE OTHER HAND LIVINGSTON STARTED OFF 4-0 AND HAS A TOUGHER DISTRICT..DAYTON HASNT PLAYED AN OFFENSE LIKE LIV..AND I PROMISE THEY WILL HAVE heck WITH EM..#14,#24,#10,#28 WILL SHOW UP AND REAK HAVOC ON DAYTONS D! >:(
[/quote]

I'm cool with the all caps.  Next time, could you use a larger font and put it in bold? That way it will be easy to read when it is hanging on the bulletin board.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="899818" timestamp="1289089290"]
In my opinion Vidor scored 14 points on a Dayton team last year and yall aren't that much different than last year and Livingston has a quarterback that is to be reckoned with as well as a great backfield so i look for it to be a close game and i'm going with the upset for Livingston.

Livingston 35
Dayton 31
[/quote]

So let me get this straight.  Livingston is going to win because Vidor scored 14 points on Dayton last year?
Read that out loud to yourself and see how ridiculous that sounds.

Team Scoring Averages
School Name Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT1 OT2 OT3 Final
Livingston 17.5 7.0 3.5 7.0 7.0 .0 .0 34.5
Dayton 9.3 15.0 17.5 2.3 - - - 40.1

This was on Maxpreps.com

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="900384" timestamp="1289143807"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=75642.msg899852#msg899852 date=1289091153]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=75642.msg899818#msg899818 date=1289089290]
In my opinion Vidor scored 14 points on a Dayton team last year and yall aren't that much different than last year and Livingston has a quarterback that is to be reckoned with as well as a great backfield so i look for it to be a close game and i'm going with the upset for Livingston.

Livingston 35
Dayton 31
[/quote]
:oWOW :o Havent been west of the Trinity this year have ya. I give LIV 21 but 35...WOW.....Also hold DAY to what we usually score by halftime or early in the 3rd before 2 / 3 string gets some snaps....WOW...........Also score 35 on a D thats average is only 18 pts a game....WOW....sounds like someone is trying to justify a 21-0 spanking wanting to believe it was by a good team ;)
[/quote]
We know what the Vidor fans think
[/quote]

well mr know-it-all please inform us to what Vidor thinks...

[quote name="ndnnike16" post="901071" timestamp="1289178777"]
offensively livingston is sound and are very fast, but defensively they are not so good. Their seconday is the weak link and will be picked apart by daytion.

Dayton-39
Livingston-17
[/quote]Thats right...  Livingston's secondary is suspect...

For the rabid dayton fans who aren't experience with youtube... ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="900570" timestamp="1289154332"]
LIV vs. Huntsville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylxQAR18f7A&feature=related

LIV vs. Jasper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RdbaCdh-V8&feature=related  

LIV vs. Houston Booker Taliaferro Washington
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfyMaLjMiNk&feature=BF&list=QL&playnext=1  

LIV vs. PNG
http://www.youtube.com/user/2012livingstonlions#p/a/u/0/oRcObivTPsI

[/quote]

[quote name="rollinac" post="901384" timestamp="1289190224"]
Looks like a lot of run run run.  Penetration kills that offense.
[/quote]

no doubt.... Soulja said their offense is better than Dustin Harris's senior year.... :o

could be a battle. I like our D-line to get more penetration than '08. We'll find out soon enough.

I just don't see it on the tapes.  Their O-Line is tiny compared to that one and their backs aren't as big.  That's the only year in recent memory where the O was better than the D...one of the weakest D's Stewart's ever had IMO (5 suspended players mainly).  Of course he did take that team to state so they didn't suck too terrible!

[quote name="rollinac" post="901397" timestamp="1289191079"]
[b]I just don't see it on the tapes.[/b]  Their O-Line is tiny compared to that one and their backs aren't as big.  That's the only year in recent memory where the O was better than the D...one of the weakest D's Stewart's ever had IMO (5 suspended players mainly).  Of course he did take that team to state so they didn't suck too terrible!
[/quote]

I'm with you. I didn't go to the '08 game, but from listening on the radio, we just got pushed around. It definitely woke us up some.

Good or "bad" year, it takes a pretty good O to put more than 3 touchdowns on the Broncos D.

Guest libertycountyfootball
RIPkowski will give those ALL-STAR Runningbacks from Livingston a taste of pain for sure. Be sure and tell your backs to keep their heads up when they hit the gaps, or there might not have a helmet on their head when they hit the ground. Dayton has a chance to go very deep!

Dayton        50
Dyingston   14

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476