Dayton vs. Livingston predictions

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rj76" post="899849" timestamp="1289090981"]
i think livingston held back on their offense against vidor not trying to show dayton scouts everything they had. this almost bit them in the tails one or two plays go different for vidor and this is a really close game for liv that they had to win. livingston is a really good first half team and the second half they seem to play not to lose instead of playing to win.  defense cannot stop the pass would rather see them play man and if the secondary gets beat its just sooner offense gets ball.offense is their best defense. hope the way the offense played against vidor does not carry over into dayton games. liv coaches seem to struggle in close games and use to many early time outs that kill them at the end of halves.

[/quote]

Pretty sure youre right...livingstong held back for the scouts of a team they werent even sure they were playing yet...

[quote name="7mary3" post="899153" timestamp="1289056036"]
Interesting...http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Livingston-High-School-Livingston-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2010/

Livingston defense rating 333 to Dayton's 74 rating....Livingston only had 14 points in the 3rd qtr (at home) against a struggling Vidor team and lost to an overrated LCM team.  If Livingston scores 10 points i'll be surprised.  I look for the Lions to incorporate some trick plays into their offense and special teams this week because that will be the only way they will even have a chance.  Dayton's defense will shut them down.
[/quote] The only reason dayton is ranked what it is because thier district is weak  ::) ;)

[quote name="LION21" post="900022" timestamp="1289096479"]
The only reason dayton is ranked what it is because thier district is weak  ::) ;)
[/quote]

This D is good.... our district may be weak, but holding FB Elkins to 8 pts is no small task. We also held IKE and Angleton down for the majority of the game as well. Turnovers put Ike and Angleton in the position to score those late points. Livingston won't have that luxury.

[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=75642.msg899153#msg899153 date=1289056036]
Interesting...http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Livingston-High-School-Livingston-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2010/

Livingston defense rating 333 to Dayton's 74 rating....Livingston only had 14 points in the 3rd qtr (at home) against a struggling Vidor team and lost to an overrated LCM team.  If Livingston scores 10 points i'll be surprised.  I look for the Lions to incorporate some trick plays into their offense and special teams this week because that will be the only way they will even have a chance.  Dayton's defense will shut them down.
[/quote] The only reason dayton is ranked what it is because thier district is weak  ::) ;)
[/quote]

Oh wow didn't see that one coming....4 pages in and that's the best you've got?

[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=75642.msg899153#msg899153 date=1289056036]

[/quote]

Haha, like I said I don't put much into these ratings but they do make for good conversation.  What I really liked looking at is the points allowed by Livingston this year.  I guess those teams that Livingston played this year all had high octane offenses with Div 1 players all the way around.  If Livingston allows Dayton to score over 40 points it will be a long night.  After looking at Livingston's schedule they haven't faced a defense like Daytons all year but Dayton HAS STOPPED offenses like Livingstons, just stating the facts.  Hope for a good fun injury free game.

[quote name="liltex" post="900062" timestamp="1289097252"]
BTW we were there(ranked) before gm.0 ya know.And Soulja said but oh yeah Liv won their 1st 3.Oh yea real impressive ranked teams-Jasper-Houst.Washington-Huntsville,lawd just peed thyself ;) ::) ;D
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

The problems with a 3-4 D is if your front 3 are not studs it lets the blockers get to the next level on the LBs. With Rip on the line I have noticed the LBs are free to make plays. When he is not on the line he has to fend a person off before getting to the play. Dam if you do dam if you dont

[quote name="BH6886" post="900139" timestamp="1289099613"]
no he , i mean me wasnt !!! ...  ::) ... soon enough !!! good luck dayton !!!  :o
[/quote]

you obviously have an inside scoop. ::) ::)

Why don't you either fill us in or run along and start thinking of all the excuses why BH is gonna get bounced in the first round. I'd like to pull for our 19-4A compatriots, but posters like you make that an impossibility.

[quote name="dayton" post="900148" timestamp="1289100009"]
[quote author=BH6886 link=topic=75642.msg900139#msg900139 date=1289099613]
no he , i mean me wasnt !!! ...  ::) ... soon enough !!! good luck dayton !!!  :o
[/quote]

you obviously have an inside scoop. ::) ::)

Why don't you either fill us in or run along and start thinking of all the excuses why BH is gonna get bounced in the first round. I'd like to pull for our 19-4A compatriots, but posters like you make that an impossibility.
[/quote]

posters like me ... ??? ... i am askn, i have no inside scoop !!! i heard sumthing & was just wondering ... not big on spreading unofficial info !!! SO is ur starting QB playing or not ? ... & yes i will b rooting 4 all 4 teams n our district this week ...

& there will be no excuses , cause we will win this week ... thanks & u have a great day Mr Dayton !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder