Dayton vs. Livingston predictions

This game is strength versus strength.  Livingston is a 1 dimensional team that runs the ball really well.  Bronco defense is geared to stop the run.  Livingston's defense....well I'm not sure exactly what they're geared to do...hope to fall on a fumble maybe? 

Offense - Advantage Dayton
Defense - Advantage Dayton
Special Teams - Advantage Dayton

This is not going to be a close game.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why yall think Livingston is a slow team.  Actually, I think If it's a track meet, Livingston will win.  If yall (Dayton) come out with a good defensive gameplan, yall will win.  Hopefully yall have big D-Linemen that will be able to get penetration on the Livingston O-Line and cause problems in the Livingston backfield...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="899399" timestamp="1289071104"]
I don't know why yall think Livingston is a slow team.  Actually, I think If it's a track meet, Livingston will win.  If yall (Dayton) come out with a good defensive gameplan, yall will win.  Hopefully yall have big D-Linemen that will be able to get penetration on the Livingston O-Line and cause problems in the Livingston backfield...
[/quote] We do and we will ! and nobody said Livingston was slow -

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="899399" timestamp="1289071104"]
[/quote]

Just don't think Livingston is that good. C'mon Central beat them! ;D

[quote name="7mary3" post="899386" timestamp="1289070553"]
I'm not big on the Massey ratings either it's just fun to look at.  I was mainly looking at the schedule of Livingston and how many points they have given up this year.  If this turns into a track meet Livingston won't be able to keep up.
[/quote] I hear ya - Massey ratings are fun to mess with and I do tend to believe them more when they favor our team ! :) ;) :D

Livingston will meet the buzz saw in one week.

On a side note:  Has anyone looked at the game stats from Dayton.  I'm willing to bet that they are dang near 50/50 in run/pass attempts.  I'm also willing to bet that after charting out the plays the broncos have run that Livingston will realize that they are facing a completely balanced offense and there is really no way to prepare for the Broncos.  Good job on the play calling thus far nations.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="899455" timestamp="1289074366"]
Livingston will meet the buzz saw in one week.

On a side note:  Has anyone looked at the game stats from Dayton.  I'm willing to bet that they are dang near 50/50 in run/pass attempts.  I'm also willing to bet that after charting out the plays the broncos have run that Livingston will realize that they are facing a completely balanced offense and there is really no way to prepare for the Broncos.  Good job on the play calling thus far nations.
[/quote]

I agree.  It seems like the offense still has some potential to harness.  Dayton would be hard for a defense to prepare for. 

Guest whoabroncos09
[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="899646" timestamp="1289082356"]
Wheres all the LIV fans ??? They must be gettin ready for basketball ;D
[/quote] :D

Livingston:Current record: 7-3 (District: 4-3) Total points allowed 238 Total scored 324
Total yards   First downs  Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
3790     188                  3538             7.39   252             25.2

Dayton:Current record: 7-3 (District: 7-0) Total points allowed 100 Total scored 394
Total yards   First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
3052     145           1675              6                1377         11.38

[quote name="octfeb" post="899716" timestamp="1289085070"]
Livingston:Current record: 7-3 (District: 4-3) Total points allowed 238 Total scored 324
Total yards   First downs  Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
3790      188                  3538              7.39    252              25.2

Dayton:Current record: 7-3 (District: 7-0) Total points allowed 100 Total scored 394
Total yards   First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
3052      145           1675              6                 1377         11.38

[/quote]Impressive, one dimentual. Loves to run huh? ::) ::)

[quote name="octfeb" post="899716" timestamp="1289085070"]
Livingston:Current record: 0 (District: does not matter) Total points allowed 0 Total scored 0
Total yards  First downs   Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
0        0                          0   0             0                0

Dayton:Current record: 0 (District: does not matter) Total points allowed 0 Total scored 0
Total yards  First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
0                                0                           0                 0                   0                 0

[/quote]
Now your gonna have BMSoulja and PNG Fan saying all those yards were put up on far better teams than DAY played......DAY did not play anybody.............19-4A is weak.................Above is what all the teams are at now. The real season begins and after this game I can see the headlines " National Geografic admits they were wrong all these years............. BRONCOS are king of the jungle!!!!!!!!!"
(in my best Marvin Zinler Eye witness news voice)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="899733" timestamp="1289085727"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=75642.msg899716#msg899716 date=1289085070]
Livingston:Current record: 0 (District: does not matter) Total points allowed 0 Total scored 0

Dayton:Current record: 0 (District: does not matter) Total points allowed 0 Total scored 0
0                                0                           0                 0                   0                 0

[/quote]
Now your gonna have BMSoulja and PNG Fan saying all those yards were put up on far better teams than DAY played......DAY did not play anybody.............19-4A is weak.................Above is what all the teams are at now. The real season begins and after this game I can see the headlines " National Geografic admits they were wrong all these years............. BRONCOS are king of the jungle!!!!!!!!!"
[/quote]yup, lol

[/quote]
[/quote] sigh...

I think this is going to be a great game. Livingston has played great all year, even when they loss games they were in contention to win. Have not seem Dayton in a few years but Dayton always play good football. Personally, I don't think Dayton is as good as this year as the teams that went to the semis and state. I really want see this game.

[/quote]
[/quote]I'm not going to say anything of the sort.  I respect Dayton football.  And I know what Dayton football is all about.  I'm predicting a Dayton win, but Livingston will battle you.  That's all I'm saying...

Guest Pirate_pride_07
In my opinion Vidor scored 14 points on a Dayton team last year and yall aren't that much different than last year and Livingston has a quarterback that is to be reckoned with as well as a great backfield so i look for it to be a close game and i'm going with the upset for Livingston.

Livingston 35
Dayton 31

i think livingston held back on their offense against vidor not trying to show dayton scouts everything they had. this almost bit them in the tails one or two plays go different for vidor and this is a really close game for liv that they had to win. livingston is a really good first half team and the second half they seem to play not to lose instead of playing to win.  defense cannot stop the pass would rather see them play man and if the secondary gets beat its just sooner offense gets ball.offense is their best defense. hope the way the offense played against vidor does not carry over into dayton games. liv coaches seem to struggle in close games and use to many early time outs that kill them at the end of halves.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="899818" timestamp="1289089290"]
In my opinion Vidor scored 14 points on a Dayton team last year and yall aren't that much different than last year and Livingston has a quarterback that is to be reckoned with as well as a great backfield so i look for it to be a close game and i'm going with the upset for Livingston.

Livingston 35
Dayton 31
[/quote]
:oWOW :o Havent been west of the Trinity this year have ya. I give LIV 21 but 35...WOW.....Also hold DAY to what we usually score by halftime or early in the 3rd before 2 / 3 string gets some snaps....WOW...........Also score 35 on a D thats average is only 18 pts a game....WOW....sounds like someone is trying to justify a 21-0 spanking wanting to believe it was by a good team ;)

We really haven't got to see just how many points we can put up in 4 full qtrs.Stewart teams have a long history of slowing down the running game,Diggs w/30 for 90.Dayton will slow Livingston enuff to win 42-14.If your readin this Uncle on 190 go ahead on to the deer lease ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder