Dayton vs. Livingston predictions

Upon further review....Livinston wins this game and here is why.

The only times Dayton has been challenged this year they lost. Livingston is very physical and will go blow for blow with Dayton using ball control. Dayton has been clubbing baby seals and has not been challenged what so ever for the past 7 weeks. Livingston played several close games in a much tougher district and most of those games came down to the wire. They won a few of em and lost a few of em. The most talented team does not always win every game and I beleive because of Daytons week district that Livingston pulls the upset in a close one.

Just sayin.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Roughrider" post="903204" timestamp="1289400626"]

The only times Dayton has been challenged this year they lost. Livingston is very physical and will go blow for blow with Dayton using ball control. Dayton has been clubbing baby seals and has not been challenged what so everfor the past 7 weeks. Livingston played several close games in a much tougher district and most of those games came down to the wire. They won a few of em and lost a few of em. The most talented team does not always win every game and I beleive because of Daytons week district that Livingston pulls the upset in a close one.

Just sayin.
[/quote]

You are wrong... Just sayin.  ;D ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="903206" timestamp="1289400849"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=75642.msg903204#msg903204 date=1289400626]

The only times Dayton has been challenged this year they lost. Livingston is very physical and will go blow for blow with Dayton using ball control. Dayton has been clubbing baby seals and has not been challenged what so everfor the past 7 weeks. Livingston played several close games in a much tougher district and most of those games came down to the wire. They won a few of em and lost a few of em. The most talented team does not always win every game and I beleive because of Daytons week district that Livingston pulls the upset in a close one.

Just sayin.
[/quote]

I think Dayton wins with good defense, however, Roughrider has a point.  I don't know that Dayton has faced even a decent team in several weeks.  And, Livingston is not bad.

[/quote]

[quote name="westend1" post="903209" timestamp="1289401045"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75642.msg903206#msg903206 date=1289400849]

Just sayin.
[/quote]

I think Dayton wins with good defense, however, Roughrider has a point.  I don't know that Dayton has faced even a decent team in several weeks.   And, Livingston is not bad.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I definitely agree that he has a point.... But, Dayton has been here before. It was the same situation the past two years and Dayton prepared and rose to the challenge for the playoffs. One thing that has been the same regardless of the scores is the fact that this defense is good and has been all year. Dayton has done what you should do to weaker teams... put their foot on their throat. All we can do is play who is in front of us. Just like when Dayton moved to the Beaumont district, they elevated their game from the get go (Ozen blowout was the first game in that dist.) Dayton won't have trouble adjusting to the level of competition saturday.

[quote name="dayton" post="903222" timestamp="1289401416"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75642.msg903209#msg903209 date=1289401045]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75642.msg903206#msg903206 date=1289400849]

Just sayin.
[/quote]

I think Dayton wins with good defense, however, Roughrider has a point.  I don't know that Dayton has faced even a decent team in several weeks.   And, Livingston is not bad.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I definitely agree that he has a point.... But, Dayton has been here before. It was the same situation the past two years and Dayton prepared and rose to the challenge for the playoffs. One thing that has been the same regardless of the scores is the fact that this defense is good and has been all year. Dayton has done what you should do to weaker teams... put their foot on their throat. All we can do is play who is in front of us. Just like when Dayton moved to the Beaumont district, they elevated their game from the get go (Ozen blowout was the first game in that dist.) Dayton won't have trouble adjusting to the level of competition saturday.
[/quote]
That is one factor I did not list....You have one of the best head coaches in the state.

I'm still not convinced that the level of competition is any better in 20-4A. Just because there is parity in the triangle doesn't really mean much. If you look at playoff results over the last couple of years, the two districts are pretty close. I'm not just talking about games against each other (19 vs 20), but playoff longevity on the whole.

Yes the Dayton scores, when we were in the same district were generally closer. (except for a couple of blowouts) but that's no reflection on this year's Bronco team. If you lined up all the teams from each district I suppose 20-4A might have the slight edge. But the top 4 from each district are pretty close I think. Guess this weekend's results will settle the argument.

[quote name="westend1" post="903239" timestamp="1289402329"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=75642.msg903237#msg903237 date=1289402220]
Ok so who's weather is more reliable over there in Beaumont? Channel 6 or 12.. 6 says 50% rain chance Saturday and 12 says 80%. anyone?   :-\
[/quote]

Doesn't matter.  If it's over 30%, it's raining.
[/quote] Sure it does... the higher the % the more likely someone in the area is gonna get rained on.

[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75642.msg903246#msg903246 date=1289402504]
I'm still not convinced that the level of competition is any better in 20-4A. Just because there is parity in the triangle doesn't really mean much. If you look at playoff results over the last couple of years, the two districts are pretty close. I'm not just talking about games against each other (19 vs 20), but playoff longevity on the whole.

Yes the Dayton scores, when we were in the same district were generally closer. (except for a couple of blowouts) but that's no reflection on this year's Bronco team. If you lined up all the teams from each district I suppose 20-4A might have the slight edge. But the top 4 from each district are pretty close I think. Guess this weekend's results will settle the argument.

uote]
I could be wrong, but I think at this point in the season, PNG,LCM, Central, Livingston, and Ned are better than anyone in 19 except dayton.  Obviously, any team can pull off a win on any night.  But I would guess that any of the listed teams would be favored over BH or Crosby on a neutral field.

[quote name="octfeb" post="903255" timestamp="1289402955"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75642.msg903239#msg903239 date=1289402329]
Ok so who's weather is more reliable over there in Beaumont? Channel 6 or 12.. 6 says 50% rain chance Saturday and 12 says 80%. anyone?   :-\
[/quote]

[/quote] Sure it does... the higher the % the more likely someone in the area is gonna get rained on.
[/quote]

::)

[quote name="westend1" post="903254" timestamp="1289402943"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=75642.msg903249#msg903249 date=1289402647]
i think ch 6 is more reliable...and it looks like just a 20% chance for friday :) :)
[/quote]

Hey, everybody knows that Coop is the best in the business.
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="liltex" post="903275" timestamp="1289403982"]
I have been rained out @ work years ago more times w/20% than any other.Man you knew when Ed Brandon @13 used to say it woud be a beautiful day look for shelter.BOT it's the teams that have a solid passing attack that concerns me ;) :D 8)
[/quote]

The secondary has gotten better every game.  I think they will keep improving as the playoffs go on.  The Broncos are really well balanced on both sides of the ball.

I know some people look at livingston and think that the weather will favor the running game, but Dayton can run the ball pretty good as well.  The jumbo set is vicious and McBride has been really sure handed.  Look for a big game from the Maurice Jones Drew clone coming out of the backfield.

[quote name="westend1" post="903261" timestamp="1289403306"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=75642.msg903255#msg903255 date=1289402955]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75642.msg903239#msg903239 date=1289402329]
[/quote]

[/quote]

::)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="903407" timestamp="1289414306"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75642.msg903275#msg903275 date=1289403982]
I have been rained out @ work years ago more times w/20% than any other.Man you knew when Ed Brandon @13 used to say it woud be a beautiful day look for shelter.BOT it's the teams that have a solid passing attack that concerns me ;) :D 8)
[/quote]

The secondary has gotten better every game.  I think they will keep improving as the playoffs go on.  The Broncos are really well balanced on both sides of the ball.

I know some people look at livingston and think that the weather will favor the running game, but Dayton can run the ball pretty good as well.  The jumbo set is vicious and McBride has been really sure handed.  Look for a big game from the Maurice Jones Drew clone coming out of the backfield.
[/quote]

Tyrone, it looks like we will get to see who is more real...

The Real Bowl... Barbers Hill ("The Hill is for real") vs PNG ("The Rez is for real")

Ya, I know, wrong thread but I knew I could find Tyrone on this one...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="903579" timestamp="1289426896"]

The Real Bowl... Barbers Hill ("The Hill is for real") vs PNG ("The Rez is for real")

[/quote]
Tyrone, look what you have started. They believe it now!
The Hill is NOT for real!
"DA BUTCH" is for real!

[quote name="shovelhead" post="903594" timestamp="1289428241"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=75642.msg903579#msg903579 date=1289426896]

[/quote]
Tyrone, look what you have started. They believe it now!
The Hill is NOT for real!
"DA BUTCH" is for real!
[/quote]

HAHAHaha.
Everyone believes it now. Haven't you heard the slogan is being updated to: [b][color=blue]We can, we will, cause BH is FOR REAL!!![/color][/b]  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami