Div I prospect @ Yates ruled ineligible this season

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="894233" timestamp="1288661815"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=75086.msg894023#msg894023 date=1288650583]
We do appreciate the effort put forth!
[/quote]Man, u must be a politician in your hometown ???
[/quote]It's all good.........maybe except my cowboys,rangers and texans...lol

Good players may not need h.s. basketball to get noticed, but they need it to learn how to play in a structured offense and defense. Its called a program. AAU forms bad habits. Nothing like kids going half speed in an AAU game and then trying to turn it up once they reach the semi-finals of a tournament and then see them start pointing fingers. Good High School coaches dont allow kids to go through the motions. Players need both the h.s and AAU setting to be at their best in my opinion. The AAU system offers great competition and  exposure for the next level ,while the h.s. setting offers coaching, structure, and more responsibility, with having to manage grades, practice, and teamwork. Accountability!!AAU is more of a hey look at me, instead of hey look at us! Example is Duke. Not the best players last year, but the best team. Those kids played AAu , but came from great H.S. programs! And finally, I understand there are Ex. Pros sometimes involved in these AAU programs. But involved means supporting financially mainly, some of those guys are trying to stay close to the game, not actually coaching. Heck thats too much work!!!

[quote name="team first" post="894642" timestamp="1288712243"]
Good players may not need h.s. basketball to get noticed, but they need it to learn how to play in a structured offense and defense. Its called a program. AAU forms bad habits. Nothing like kids going half speed in an AAU game and then trying to turn it up once they reach the semi-finals of a tournament and then see them start pointing fingers. Good High School coaches dont allow kids to go through the motions. Players need both the h.s and AAU setting to be at their best in my opinion. The AAU system offers great competition and  exposure for the next level ,while the h.s. setting offers coaching, structure, and more responsibility, with having to manage grades, practice, and teamwork. Accountability!!AAU is more of a hey look at me, instead of hey look at us! Example is Duke. Not the best players last year, but the best team. Those kids played AAu , but came from great H.S. programs! And finally, I understand there are Ex. Pros sometimes involved in these AAU programs. But involved means supporting financially mainly, some of those guys are trying to stay close to the game, not actually coaching. Heck thats too much work!!!
[/quote]Excellent points! What does basketball have to do with 'us?"  Nah just kidding  ;D 

[quote name="dayton" post="890182" timestamp="1288364725"]
[quote author=snooker link=topic=75086.msg888708#msg888708 date=1288187578]
is it recruiting [b]if the kid wants to go there - and his parents want him to go there AND they buy a house in the zone? thats not recruiting , thats a kid who wants to play in a good program. [/b] UIL needs to get a clue. Its always about the athletics, dont even know why they ask on the paperwork. they just need to keep collecting their paychecks in their ivory tower.
[/quote]
UIL didn't say "recruit"... they said "moving for athletic purposes".. what's in bold is the definition of that.

I agree though... how can they really say much when the parents have actually bought a home, etc. This could be done to several sports all across the state. Yates is paying the price due to their high profile status.
[/quote]

So in reality the only thing that truly makes it "moving for athletic reasons" is the ability of the kid who moves. If a kid with no skills moves into another district and plays bball for someone else then it all goes over smoothly. However, if a good ball player changes schools then UIL gets involved. Am I understanding this correctly?

[quote name="team first" post="894642" timestamp="1288712243"]
[/quote]Hmmm? Ron Courtney was my son's summer coach, from Fort Bend Bush (ISD). Kind of knocks on your theory here.  ;)

"Good players may not need h.s. basketball to get noticed, but they need it to learn how to play in a structured offense and defense. AAU forms bad habits.  Good High School coaches dont allow kids to go through the motions. Players need both the h.s and AAU setting to be at their best in my opinion. The AAU system offers great competition and  exposure for the next level ,while the h.s. setting offers coaching, structure, and more responsibility, with having to manage grades, practice, and teamwork. Accountability!!"

Depends on who they play AAU for and where they play as well. There are some really excellent programs out there, who teach accountability, manage no pass no play on their team, etc.  I do beleive a player needs HS and AAU ball, both are a great benefit. They need HS for exposure and that diploma, plus teamwork, etc. But AAU has its benefits.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124