*SILSBEE vs. HARDIN-JEFFERSON /Silsbee Hangs On! Comments

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if "Silsbee Hangs On!" is a good title.  That gives the picture of being ahead and surviving a comeback.  We trailed most of this game.  I felt we were really outplayed for almost all of the game.  The only time we stopped HJ's passing game was when the QB underthrew the receiver and we made the INT, and when we got him under pressure and he tried to make a play.  Great Job HJ.  The Tigers did a much better job holding onto the ball.  I can only remember one interception.  May have been another TO but I don't remember them.  We had two drives stopped inside the ten.  We really miss not having a kicker.  I will be interested in seeing the stats.

I don't think HJ out played Silsbee tonight. About the same. The difference was Silsbee could not punch the ball in from inside the 10 yard line three times and HJ had four turnovers (3 int and 1 fumble). HJ also had some costly penaltes that hurt them. There was some hard hitting and good football tonight. Good luck HJ the rest of the year and congrats Silsbee, way to stay focused and get the win. Go Tigers!!!

This was a game HJ wasn't "supposed" to have a chance at. They lead for most of three quarters. Their defende stopped those drives deep in their territory. This time it wasn't our mistakes helping them get the stop. The Tiger's offense did enough to stay with them for those 3 quarters but should have done more. Our defense gave up too many big plays, third and long, conversions among them. For those reasons, I feel HJ outplayed us for most of the night or maybe performed to the higher level compared to expectations than the Tigers did. We did keep them off the scoreboard in the second half but a lot of that was due to turnovers, some of those were forced. The fourth quarter was the Tigers, and a lot of it was in heart alone. Some of our stars including both RBs were exhausted yet both made big runs. Great way to pull out a win by the Tigers and great game by the Hawks.

I see your point. This game was very much like last years. HJ had a 26-21 half time lead. Silsbee won 56-26. This year HJ had a 20-16 lead. Silsbee won 30-20. Almost the same thing happend both years. Silsbee just did not get those three TD in the red zone to make the point spread bigger. The pass defense better get sealed up for next week and the run defense needs to keep on keeping on. Go Tigers!!!

Final team stats:

Silsbee                HJ

rushing                26/223 yards          38/63 yards

passing            11-20,224y, 1-1      15-29,315y,2-3

total                      46/447 yards        67/378 yards

FD                          16                        17

Penalties                5/23                    8/60

TO                            1                        4

Stats were about what I expected. The Tigerrs did a great job limiting turnovers and penalties last night as well as a great job stoping the run. Our secondary has to start playing better with a first round playoff matchup with pass heavy Huffman looming in the future(barring a huge upset by HF).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami