WO-S vs. BC Predictions? GAME LIVE ON TV THE CW SAT. NITE 6 PM!

While in Middle School when this year's junior class played each other BC beat WOS in 7th and 8th Grade.  As they moved into High School the players were split up as they moved to JV and Varsity at both schools.  This year should be a good game. Best of luck to all the boys. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC Juniors did beat the WOS Juniors in 7th and 8th grades. However, they were close games and you also have to factor in that there are also Seniors and Sophomores on the field whom BC did not beat so that really isn't a factor. All that being said, Menard is a hoss and I know this will be a tough game. Should be interesting. Someone stole my line earlier so I will say it again, it's going to come down to the matchups... ;)

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="877106" timestamp="1287252618"]
[quote author=WOS92 link=topic=74513.msg876820#msg876820 date=1287227339]
We know you're not Kville or Friendswood. You are Bridge City, and you've never beaten us.
[/quote]
Really?  BC has never beaten WOS in varsity football?
[/quote]

Nope. Never.

Would ya'll please shut up with the talk of Orangefield being in the game and giving it away!  Yes they score on the opening drive mostly because of a bonehead facemask on 3rd down...and then we threw an interception and they scored again. And it must have made our boys mad because we came out and shoved 20 points down there throats in about 5 minutes! It was NEVER a close game! And they only had 160 total yards! We had almost 400! Was'nt close at all! Sorry not trying to take anything away from the OField boys because they played hard! But just had to clear that up! And BC gives up way too many points to compete with the stangs...and our defense has been very good and getting better!

Stangs-35

Cards-14

[quote name="the-riot07" post="877297" timestamp="1287265278"]
Would ya'll please shut up with the talk of Orangefield being in the game and giving it away!  Yes they score on the opening drive mostly because of a bonehead facemask on 3rd down...and then we threw an interception and they scored again. And it must have made our boys mad because we came out and shoved 20 points down there throats in about 5 minutes! It was NEVER a close game! And they only had 160 total yards! We had almost 400! Was'nt close at all! Sorry not trying to take anything away from the OField boys because they played hard! But just had to clear that up! And BC gives up way too many points to compete with the stangs...and our defense has been very good and getting better!

Stangs-35

Cards-14
[/quote]

I have to agree about the Cards giving up significant points to Pop Warner-level teams. It could still be a big upset for BC, but if WO-S plays an average game, it's another Mustang victory.

[quote name="Rake1" post="876976" timestamp="1287244048"]
All of the jaw jacking and trash talking aside this game could turn out to be much better than most people want to admit. It appears that the first thing any of the folks trying to dis-credit BC will point to is the strength of schedule compared WOS. No doubt WOS has played a tougher schedule, tough to argue that fact. Next logical comparison is common opponent and that leads us to Kirbyville. There is no debate from anyone that WOS was in a very tough place both mentally and physically when they played Kirbyville. A young QB making his first varsity start under very difficult conditions, enough said. On the other hand it is really hard to discount the fact that BC dropped 31 points on a really impressive Kirbyville team, a fact that even the most faithful WOS fan has to acknowledge. [b]Lol... and WO-S only gave up 28 points to Kville, so the BC 31 means SQUAT! Their defense is WEAK!!!!!!!! They dropped 31 points and lost by a good bit more than WO-S did. Remember that BC has had some AWESOME years recently, but they all end up being ruined by losing to the Gods of SETX football.... WEST ORANGE-STARK...
[/b]The WOS defense is playing extremely well right now and gaining momentum every week. BC's offense is a well balanced bunch and that will pose a problem because WOS will have to respect the fact that they are not overly depending on either the run or pass. I'm sure Coach T will dial up an interesting game plan to combat both phases of the game. From a historical perspective WOS holds an incredible edge on the series, a whole bunch to none I think. But there is another side to that fact, I may be wrong and I apologize if so but I don't think the current group of BC juniors has ever lost to WOS. I'm sure there are some here who are much better at looking up results than I am and I fully expect some of the Mustang faithful to check this one out and report back! LOL! The last bunch that never lost to WOS (BC dropped to 3A during their soph year) wound up going to the state semi finals I believe, 2001 or 2002 I think but not positive.  With all that being said I am personally looking forward to a good game with no injuries and no excuses. Good luck to both the Mustangs and the Cardinals.

[/quote]

WOS92....Wipe the corner of your mouth, there is a bit of rabid drool still lingering around. Take off the "homer goggles" and jump into a big boy conversation where you can at least be rational. Regardless if you want to admit it or not BC has a good team and WOS knows it as well. All of the WOS coaches I have spoken with give BC their respect and I know BC does the same towards WOS, they are the standard by which most teams judge their season. This game has been circled on the calendar for both sides and it has the potential to live up to the hype. It also has the potential to be a blowout, remember these are high school kids and anything can happen. If you feel like having a grown up conversation about the game I look forward to your opinion. If you want to continue the over the top banter by an alumni with blinders on have at it ;D. Again I hope the game is competitive and injury free, good luck to both sides.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Rake1" post="877460" timestamp="1287271599"]
WOS92....Wipe the corner of your mouth, there is a bit of rabid drool still lingering around. Take off the "homer goggles" and jump into a big boy conversation where you can at least be rational. Regardless if you want to admit it or not BC has a good team and WOS knows it as well. All of the WOS coaches I have spoken with give BC their respect and I know BC does the same towards WOS, they are the standard by which most teams judge their season. This game has been circled on the calendar for both sides and it has the potential to live up to the hype. It also has the potential to be a blowout, remember these are high school kids and anything can happen. If you feel like having a grown up conversation about the game I look forward to your opinion. If you want to continue the over the top banter by an alumni with blinders on have at it ;D. Again I hope the game is competitive and injury free, good luck to both sides.
[/quote]

You are the one that needs to take off the "Homer Glasses". While I do think BC is good this year but not at the level WOS is yet. I appauld you supporting your team as you should but lets be real here. WOS will win this game. This will be the first week I pick against BC. Nothing personal. When it comes to the setxsports pickems it is all about competition plain and simple. ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="877526" timestamp="1287275014"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=74513.msg877460#msg877460 date=1287271599]
[/quote]

You are the one that needs to take off the "Homer Glasses". While I do think BC is good this year but not at the level WOS is yet. I appauld you supporting your team as you should but lets be real here. WOS will win this game. This will be the first week I pick against BC. Nothing personal. When it comes to the setxsports pickems it is all about competition plain and simple. ;D ;D
[/quote]

I sure hope you are right, Bleed!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Gasilla" post="877552" timestamp="1287276431"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=74513.msg877526#msg877526 date=1287275014]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=74513.msg877460#msg877460 date=1287271599]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I sure hope you are right, Bleed!
[/quote]

I am right gasilla. I do think that BC will give a fight but in the end WOS will have the final word. Just comparing apples with oranges. ;D ;D

Guest bleed orange
Don't get me wrong, if BC wins I am OK with that. Always pull for the underdog and yes BC is the underdog. In the pickems I will still pick WOS.

Bleed Orange.......

No Homer glasses here my friend. Not sure how you figured I was wearing those?? No outlandish claims of superiority or greatness towards any team or either team for that matter.On any given Friday night I may be at either WOS or BC watching a game. As a matter of fact I thought I was being a little "middle of the road" but I guess that's not what it looks like to some. All I wanted to do was try and look at the game objectively if that is at all possible. For some it's absolutely impossible!! I believe I actually pointed out both pro's and con's for both sides so being accused of being a "homer" is way off base. Just because my opinions are not radical like some others I guess they don't work here, my bad. Feel free to continue the high spirited, tunnel vision conversations that you obviously find more appealing. I will keep trying to find those who can seperate themselves from one side long enough to really discuss the game and the possibilities without being so blind that they can't see another side of the topic.  

I've seen both clubs and this game should be close. WOS hasn't missed a step with the defense, the games they gave up some points ie. Friendswood and Kirybville, those are very good squads. The Stangs offense might not be as explosive as in the past but they have some gamebreakers as usual.

Bridge City's defensive front four is solid. Menard has an excellent arm, BC has some receivers with hands and can run.

Anyone else seen both teams?

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="877794" timestamp="1287283650"]
I think it will be close. WO-S by 7. BC has a very good team this year.
[/quote]

ok.... if coop can predict this game for WOS to win by only 7.... (the biggest homer of them all!!! lol) then why is it that hard for others to think BC has a chance?!

it's obvious the BC has a great football team this year.... WOS best not take them lightly, because BC is looking dang good right now!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder