GP @ CROSBY PREDICTIONS

463 DP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="871998" timestamp="1286799280"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=74255.msg871997#msg871997 date=1286798907]
Should the title of this thread be "Dayton fans predict GP v Crosby"?
[/quote]

:D :D

for real.... where did that galenaparkfan#1 guy go?
[/quote]

I would like to see some predictions on this,"Will GalenaParkFan#1 be back if they beat Crosby?

Crosby is actually stronger than they are given credit for something like what everyone thought about Dayton at the begining of the season. They(Crosby) sort of play down to the level of competion on the feild like Dayton did the last few years I think Crosby by 14. No disrespect to GP either they really impressed me in the game with Dayton but Crosby has been in more of these type situations than GP so thats why the edge to Crosby

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
If 1st half of King game Crosby shows up, it will be a long, long night.

If 2nd half of King game Crosby comes out, the Coogs will win.  Plain and Simple.

Well, I agree with Cap Rock as usual who'd a thunk it.

Honestly, i think that the Cougs play better in games they are the underdog in. And with all these GP predictions you have to call us the "underdog" i guess. Heres a point id like people to consider, we all know about GP's Offense, but what about thier defense do they have a d line that can pressure Merka?, do they have sure handed CB's?, and is thier linebacker core ready to take on a 6'5 225+ running back (merka) because CE kings defense looked good and then Merka started to get time in the Pocket made some very good passes, and started to run the ball and when he did it was 15-20 every play and 78 on one play.

If Crosby gets down in the game look for Merka to be given more freedom in the run game.

Honestly its not a defensive issue, the defense is talented NO DOUBTS, the changes the coaching staff has made are very good and our LB core started to work together, and its working kind of like last years LB core.

WE also DID NOT GET BEAT DEEP against CE KING and our CB's played well, they did gas us a couple times on running plays but, what can you do they had a huge line, and great holding (i mean blocking).

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="872183" timestamp="1286814541"]
do they have a d line that can pressure Merka?, [size=14pt][b]I think So[/b][/size]

do they have sure handed CB's?, [size=14pt][b]Yes, but most are playing both ways.... I think they'll get worn down, especially having to help tackle Merka all night.[/b][/size]

and is thier linebacker core ready to take on a 6'5 225+ running back (merka) [size=14pt] [b]Not sure, They're quick to the ball though, and this will be key, cause they'll be in trouble if Merka gets a full head of steam.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

i think Crosby pulls away late in this one.

[quote name="dayton" post="872239" timestamp="1286816979"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74255.msg872183#msg872183 date=1286814541]
do they have a d line that can pressure Merka?, [size=14pt][b]I think So[/b][/size]

do they have sure handed CB's?, [size=14pt][b]Yes, but most are playing both ways.... I think they'll get worn down, especially having to help tackle Merka all night.[/b][/size]

and is thier linebacker core ready to take on a 6'5 225+ running back (merka) [size=14pt] [b]Not sure, They're quick to the ball though, and this will be key, cause they'll be in trouble if Merka gets a full head of steam.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LB's can be quick thats cool, Merka has 4.5 speed hes perty quick too. =P

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="872252" timestamp="1286818487"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=74255.msg872239#msg872239 date=1286816979]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74255.msg872183#msg872183 date=1286814541]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LB's can be quick thats cool, Merka has 4.5 speed hes perty quick too. =P
[/quote]

that's what I'm saying, .... they'll have to be to keep him from getting it going. ;)

Daytons got a top notch defense no doubt, but its all about matchups in the great game of football. I think overall last year Dayton prolly had a more talented team than Brenham however brenham was disciplined and stopped the big play and dayton eventually allowed turnovers and gave a very efficient Brenham team a chance to win and they did. =P all about matchups and tbh ill take our matchup vs Galena park in some betting odds.

For those who think Crosby can't score 35 i say phewy we just scored 28 in a half. =P

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="872843" timestamp="1286857651"]
Daytons got a top notch defense no doubt, but its all about matchups in the great game of football. I think overall last year Dayton prolly had a more talented team than Brenham however brenham was disciplined and stopped the big play and dayton eventually allowed turnovers and gave a very efficient Brenham team a chance to win and they did. =P all about matchups and tbh ill take our matchup vs Galena park in some betting odds.

For those who think Crosby can't score 35 i say phewy we just scored 28 in a half. =P
[/quote]Yea Im Back n i do think we have a great d line that will get after merka n get to him n put some good hits on him n now our CBs dont go both ways so we will be fresh we have a more physical CB Now so we will have to see how that play out!

[quote name="#1GalenaParkFan" post="873032" timestamp="1286896347"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74255.msg872843#msg872843 date=1286857651]

[/quote]Yea Im Back n i do think we have a great d line that will get after merka n get to him n put some good hits on him n now our CBs dont go both ways so we will be fresh we have a more physical CB Now so we will have to see how that play out!
[/quote]

glad your back... thanks for the new info.

[quote name="#1GalenaParkFan" post="873032" timestamp="1286896347"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74255.msg872843#msg872843 date=1286857651]

[/quote]

Glad to see you back, welcome. You are right that D-Line for GP ain't joking, they are coming at you. GP has plenty of good athletes on the field. That said Crosby knows how to win, they will be prepared. IMO this is the game of the week.

I think this will be the a good game. It will probably stay close, with someone scoring late to win. I know Crosby was good last year, and has some size and talent this year, but where did GP come from? I looked at all the pre-season predictions for 19-4a, and they were never mentioned as even in the top four in the district. They were 1-8 last year. What has changed for them this year? Players? Coaches? When does Crosby play Dayton?

[quote name="GameDay" post="873044" timestamp="1286896691"]
I think this will be the a good game. It will probably stay close, with someone scoring late to win. I know Crosby was good last year, and has some size and talent this year, but where did GP come from? I looked at all the pre-season predictions for 19-4a, and they were never mentioned as even in the top four in the district. They were 1-8 last year. What has changed for them this year? Players? Coaches? When does Crosby play Dayton?
[/quote]

Welcome GameDay,

It will be good game like I said earlier, GP wins in a blowout or Crosby wins a close one. To address the issue of GP pre-district ranking, it starts with returning starters and how well they did the year before. GP hasn't done real well in recent history so that would be why they weren't mentioned. It is nice to see the competion in 19-4A get better. GP has a much better team than anyone thought but there are several more challenges before the playoffs to prove they are for real.

[quote name="GameDay" post="873044" timestamp="1286896691"]
I think this will be the a good game. It will probably stay close, with someone scoring late to win. I know Crosby was good last year, and has some size and talent this year, but [b]where did GP come from? [/b] I looked at all the pre-season predictions for 19-4a, and they were never mentioned as even in the top four in the district. They were 1-8 last year. What has changed for them this year? Players? Coaches? When does Crosby play Dayton?
[/quote]

They always have some good athletes. Same head coach... not sure about other staff. The kids seem sold out to the system and are playing well.

Dayton plays Crosby on October 29th.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298