KIRBYVILLE VS. WEST ORANGE-STARK BROADCAST THREAD/KIRBYVILLE WINS 28-14/COMMENTS

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kville99" post="864758" timestamp="1286080302"]
Coop wouldnt tell you bc he's afraid to upset hooks is what i hear... and why is a coach allowed on the field to rant for that long at the refs...looked like a spoiled rotten kid throwing a temper tantrum over not getting the last cookie from the jar.

[/quote]because its Coach Hooks  :D

been that way since the '80s when i started watching HS football.

Although it will probably cost me Karma I am going to go ahead and say what I want to say and let the cards fall where they may. Wos fans were great, Players showed alot of heart and played a good game. I was suprised we did not catch a penalty on the TD catch but the ref was right there and he did not call it. There was alot of holding that never got called and that laderal was dropped so once again the reffs made mistakes on both sides of the ball. Now heres where I stick my hand in the wasp nest. As much respect those boys (on both sides) and LCM and all of the fans showed. Dan Hooks and all of the coaching staff at WOS should be embarrassed by their behavior. One coach actually ran on the field jumped up and down and through his clip board down. They were on the field screaming most of the game. He would have been ejected from most any other field in the area. His team showed sportsman ship and control where him and his staff did not. There were calls I am sure he did not like and the same for the Cats. IMO he showed very poor judgment on how to handle things when your not happy with how they are going.   Smite me if you want but I think the bad Karma should go on Hooks.

[quote name="kville" post="864760" timestamp="1286080491"]
Although it will probably cost me Karma I am going to go ahead and say what I want to say and let the cards fall where they may. Wos fans were great, Players showed alot of heart and played a good game. I was suprised we did not catch a penalty on the TD catch but the ref was right there and he did not call it. There was alot of holding that never got called and that laderal was dropped so once again the reffs made mistakes on both sides of the ball. Now heres where I stick my hand in the wasp nest. As much respect those boys (on both sides) and LCM and all of the fans showed. Dan Hooks and all of the coaching staff at WOS should be embarrassed by their behavior. One coach actually ran on the field jumped up and down and through his clip board down. They were on the field screaming most of the game. He would have been ejected from most any other field in the area. His team showed sportsman ship and control where him and his staff did not. There were calls I am sure he did not like and the same for the Cats. IMO he showed very poor judgment on how to handle things when your not happy with how they are going.  Smite me if you want but I think the bad Karma should go on Hooks.
[/quote]
No smiting here I completely agree with the whole statement

[quote name="kville" post="864760" timestamp="1286080491"]
Although it will probably cost me Karma I am going to go ahead and say what I want to say and let the cards fall where they may. Wos fans were great, Players showed alot of heart and played a good game. I was suprised we did not catch a penalty on the TD catch but the ref was right there and he did not call it. There was alot of holding that never got called and that laderal was dropped so once again the reffs made mistakes on both sides of the ball. Now heres where I stick my hand in the wasp nest. As much respect those boys (on both sides) and LCM and all of the fans showed. Dan Hooks and all of the coaching staff at WOS should be embarrassed by their behavior. One coach actually ran on the field jumped up and down and through his clip board down. They were on the field screaming most of the game. He would have been ejected from most any other field in the area. His team showed sportsman ship and control where him and his staff did not. There were calls I am sure he did not like and the same for the Cats. IMO he showed very poor judgment on how to handle things when your not happy with how they are going.   Smite me if you want but I think the bad Karma should go on Hooks.
[/quote] You would have been on the field to if you would have been hosed that bad.

Team stats

Kirbyville                         WOS

rushing          46/295 yards                  29/114 yards

passing         6-15, 40%, 161y, 1-0        9-19, 47%, 147y, 0-1

total                 61/456 yards                  48/261 yards

FD                    18                                      13

Penalties            6/47 yards                        3/25 yards

TO                        1                                   2

Individual stats coming

Honestly i believe that these two teams are very evenly matched! And the first half showed us that...BUT we  had a very costly turnover to start the second half which turned the game around! No excuses about the QB here, I believe salters is a very good athlete and will take us deep into the playoffs! I just think they should have let him play more of his own game instead of restricting him! In the end kville made the plays they needed to win and we did'nt! Bottom line is that you can't have turnovers in your own redzone in tough games as this one. And you have to make catches when your wide open. That no call on the deep pass was ridiculous but we still had the lead at half so it doesnt matter really! I still believe that our own play calling is our biggest oponent! We run the ball down their throats and then go away from it? i mean wow lol And am i the only one that is wondering why #43 Lindsey is not getting alot more carries? The guy is a beast, got a first down everytime he touched the ball just about! But I still think we have a very good defense and our offense will get better every week with salters working his way into the offense! I still expect big things from this team. Just gotta make the necesary plays and limit the turnovers! Both teams should have good playoff runs...hope to see yall in december! Good luck the rest of the way kats!

Individual stats

Rushing

Kirbyville

Fred Ford                27/122 yards  TD
Burman Ervine           9/132 yards   TD
Kelandre Haywood     4/19 yards
Aaron Breed              3/18 yards
Kael Jones                3/4 yards   TD

WOS

Britton Lindsey          7/57 yards  TD
Jimmy Salter             5/25 yards  TD
Darius Mitchell           6/16 yards
Darius Robinson         4/23 yards
Mark Roberts            4/-6 yards

Passing

Kirbyville

Kael Jones             6-15, 40%, 161 yards, 1-0

WOS

Jimmy Salter         8-17, 47%, 107 yards, 0-1
DeCarlos Renfro     1-1, 100%, 40 yards

Recieving

Kirbyville

Caleb Cucancic      3/129 yards   TD
Houston Vanya      1/16 yards
Justin Keene          1/8 yards
Kelandre Haywood   1/8 yards

WOS

Darious Mitchell      3/65 yards
Jamarcus Rhodes    3/39 yards
Mark Roberts          2/35 yards
Darious Robinson    1/8 yards

[quote name="NorthShoreSucks!" post="864779" timestamp="1286082866"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=73877.msg864777#msg864777 date=1286082575]
The new QB Sophomore Salter WILL continue to improve each week, he did a good job tonight.
[/quote]he will be on point by playoff time IMO .......he needs to learn not to force passes and he will be ok.
[/quote] “I thought Jimmy played well, especially in the second half,” said Hooks. [b]“He’s just a sophomore and we know we’re going to have to give him time.[/b] You could see his confidence grow in the second half. He’s going to get better each and every week, just wait and see. We have a lot of confidence in him.”

first off let me say this to the kids and coaches at kirbyville.you guys are a class act and the sportmenship you show last night was something  super. kirbyville has super fan support and your team is very blessed to have you. in away the kids from wo-s were bless to have played one of the (BEST TEAMS) in 3A lastnight we needed that big time ,you guys knocked the rust off us . wo-s played very hard and showed lots of heart agnest a team that was very big and fast and the ford kid is the real deal . as i saw it the mustangs had there chance but it did not happen,good luck to all of you in kirbyville  the rest of the year. in closeing i will say this for  my mustangs  keep your heads up becouse there is blue skys at the end of a storm

I could honestly say i wasnt pulling for either of the teams they are both our rivals. But for WO-S fans to get on here and complain about the penaltys is ridiculous. I counted 12 holds WO-S got away with (and i wasnt looking for holds they were obvious). And not to mention all the personal foul penalties the WO-S coaching staff should have got called on them.  Kirbyville is by far the better team however if #43 from WO-S would have gotten more carries it would have been a lot closer football game. And district 21-3A watch out salter is a very good young quarterback ;)

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="864778" timestamp="1286082802"]
[quote author=kville link=topic=73877.msg864760#msg864760 date=1286080491]
[/quote] You would have been on the field to if you would have been hosed that bad.
[/quote]

Oh come on Coop!  Are you serious?  There were bad calls on both sides of the ball all night.  On one WOS scoring drive there was a blatant tackle by their RT on the Kville DE.  The problem is you can't admit that WOS got beat by a better team last night!  Ok take the long TD pass that should've been an offensive pass interference (I admit it) and Kirbyville still wins the ball game.  Give credit where credit is due if you have the class that you say you have! ::)

[quote name="skipper" post="864893" timestamp="1286117789"]
lets go on to out next game  ITS OVER ok
[/quote]

I do have to agree with you Skipper.  Even though I've put my .02 into it I'd rather all this stop and lets move on as both teams have already done.  Good luck in district WOS.  From the looks of it Orangefield is pretty tough and BC is a very good team.

[quote name="skipper" post="864886" timestamp="1286117122"]
first off let me say this to the kids and coaches at kirbyville.you guys are a class act and the sportmenship you show last night was something  super. kirbyville has super fan support and your team is very blessed to have you. in away the kids from wo-s were bless to have played one of the (BEST TEAMS) in 3A lastnight we needed that big time ,you guys knocked the rust off us . wo-s played very hard and showed lots of heart agnest a team that was very big and fast and the ford kid is the real deal . as i saw it the mustangs had there chance but it did not happen,good luck to all of you in kirbyville  the rest of the year. in closeing i will say this for  my mustangs  keep your heads up becouse there is blue skys at the end of a storm
[/quote]

True Skipper very well said...A lot of things has happened in a two week span...Now let's, let this Go and move on to district play...Good Luck to the Mustangs...

you guys are right...  calls will be blown on both sides of the ball.

I think what made the "no-call" on the kirbyville td so bad was that it was soooooo obvious.   Unlike some blown calls where the fans attention is somewhere else OR where the "no call" occurs in a pile of players, this no-call occurred where EVERYONE'S eyes were watching.... AND there were only two players within 20 yards of the ball.  

My kids attend neither school.... I was there simply to watch a good game.  And I will tell all of you that missed it, it was absolutely the worst NO-CALL I have ever seen.

No excuses for anyone's behavior...  just an un-biased opinion on how bad the call was.  I can understand why WOS coaches were so angry.

Best of luck to both teams...

jf

Funny, I always thought if the ref didn't call it, in HIS opinion, it wasn't an offense.  That being said, I watched the play several times on the dvr, and it didn't look all that obvious to me.  If the refs were calling a tight game, then maybe it gets called.  However, if I remember correctly, the receiver has the right to go for the ball, including through the defender.  But lets get over it.  Everyone keeps sounding like poor losers complaining about one call.  Whose to say that Ford and company doesn't break a long one if the ref makes the call.  Just sayin.

[quote name="CatFan81" post="864903" timestamp="1286118925"]
Funny, I always thought if the ref didn't call it, in HIS opinion, it wasn't an offense.  That being said, I watched the play several times on the dvr, and it didn't look all that obvious to me.  If the refs were calling a tight game, then maybe it gets called.  However, if I remember correctly, the receiver has the right to go for the ball, including through the defender.  But lets get over it.  Everyone keeps sounding like poor losers complaining about one call.  Whose to say that Ford and company doesn't break a long one if the ref makes the call.  Just sayin.
[/quote]

Everyone? Be careful about those generalizations.

[quote name="CatFan81" post="864903" timestamp="1286118925"]
Funny, I always thought if the ref didn't call it, in HIS opinion, it wasn't an offense.  That being said, I watched the play several times on the dvr, and it didn't look all that obvious to me.  If the refs were calling a tight game, then maybe it gets called.  However, if I remember correctly, the receiver has the right to go for the ball, including through the defender.  But lets get over it.  Everyone keeps sounding like poor losers complaining about one call.  Whose to say that Ford and company doesn't break a long one if the ref makes the call.  Just sayin.
[/quote]Both the receiver and DB have just as much right to the ball as the other.  I think it comes down to who was in better position for the catch.  Was both the receiver and DB looking back?  Did they both use their hands down the field?  Of course we couldn't see it due to the camera man taking a sandwich break during the big play...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder