Mid-County Madness Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="857891" timestamp="1285473464"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73444.msg856228#msg856228 date=1285386348]
Last season a fluke?
[/quote]More like last season the rest of the coaches didn't really know what to expect from PNG's coach.
[/quote]
No fluke. Last years team was better only because the defense was legit. Loosing our LB's and DB's has really hurt us this year. Our offense is actually better this year. If we had last years LB's and DB's we would be 4-0 right now. GP would not have been able to throw deep on us like they did, and neither would TC and we would have stopped Livingston on 3rd down at least once  ;D which was the difference in the game last night (poor tackling and last year's group brought you down if they got to you).

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="857782" timestamp="1285469686"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=73444.msg857763#msg857763 date=1285469184]
Nederland doesnt have a chance of stopping pngs offense the question is can png s defense find a heartbeat and stop the bulldogs offense. PNG will put up the points the sad thing is the may give up the points too!
[/quote]I don't think Nederland will show you a good running game like Livingston did.You man just need to worry about the air attack by Forney.  Probably one dmentional.  I think yall will get on the winning trackhere, man..
[/quote]

Barrow won't let nederland start throwing until the 4th quarter.. That's our biggest problem.. If nederland stretches the field early, it can go either way.. If barrow keeps calling the same plays, png wins this in a blowout...

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="856703" timestamp="1285428184"]
[glow=red,2,300]Nederland gave up over 300 yards on the ground to Vidor! [/glow] I don't care if this is Midcounty Madness..I don't care if this will be at Nederland's home. PNG will beat Nederland by 21 points. Nederland's defense just can't stop the run and the big pass plays. They make huge mistakes every game. Yes PNG has given up huge chunks of yardage but the offense knows how to put up the points on the board. 35-14 is my prediction.
[/quote]How many did P.N.G give up against Livingston (475)  :o....And Vidor ran the ball more times than Livingston..So I think we better not start talking about run D here ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="858060" timestamp="1285501759"]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=73444.msg856703#msg856703 date=1285428184]
[glow=red,2,300]Nederland gave up over 300 yards on the ground to Vidor! [/glow] I don't care if this is Midcounty Madness..I don't care if this will be at Nederland's home. PNG will beat Nederland by 21 points. Nederland's defense just can't stop the run and the big pass plays. They make huge mistakes every game. Yes PNG has given up huge chunks of yardage but the offense knows how to put up the points on the board. 35-14 is my prediction.
[/quote]How many did P.N.G give up against Livingston (475)  :o....And Vidor ran the ball more times than Livingston..So I think we better not start talking about run D here ;)
[/quote]

I was wondering when one of the Dog fans were going to point that out.  Dont count the Dogs out.  I think they are going to suprise some folks next week.

I went to PNG this week. This was a very close game. People from PNG are understandably upset but they lost to a really good team. Livingston is really big upfront and fast in the backfield. Every time they were held to a third down the QB would run until he was able to get the first. Indians fans dont give up Livingston fans be proud you should contend for district.

Thanks for the encouraging words Jackthehammer! I know that PN-G fans will be their for the long-haul and expect the NDN'S to rebound this week. It is always very difficult to pick in a rivalry game, with all of the emotion and extra enthusiasm that goes into that game. I do believe that PN-G's offense is way more consistent than Ned.'s, and I don't think Ned. can stop them. PN-G will make enough defensive stands to take this one!

PN-G  42
NED.  14

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="857891" timestamp="1285473464"]
Last season a fluke?
[/quote]More like last season the rest of the coaches didn't really know what to expect from PNG's coach.
[/quote] That is absolutely not true... Last year PNG had just as many close games... just got some good breaks last year and were 4-0 last year.  This year breaks are going the other way... This team is good.  Very solid....Just think they have lost 3 games by a total of 10 points had a chance to win every one.  But thats the breaks... They should win the rest of their games no problem.. They  ARE that Good...

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="859000" timestamp="1285600884"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=73444.msg857891#msg857891 date=1285473464]
Last season a fluke?
[/quote] That is absolutely not true... Last year PNG had just as many close games... just got some good breaks last year and were 4-0 last year.  This year breaks are going the other way... This team is good.  Very solid....Just think they have lost 3 games by a total of 10 points had a chance to win every one.  But thats the breaks... They should win the rest of their games no problem.. They  ARE that Good...
[/quote]

Not a chance...  They won't beat LCM, and the Central and Lumberton games could go either way.  That being said, theres a chance that PNG goes 3-4 in district. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="859017" timestamp="1285602618"]
[/quote]

[b]Not a chance...  They won't beat LCM, and the Central and Lumberton games could go either way.  That being said, theres a chance that PNG goes 3-4 in district.  [/b]
[/quote]
If you are basing all of this off of our record I understand, but using just a little bit of Logic tells me that the Indians that have lost three games, all in the last minute of the game, to three teams who have a combined record of 12-1, are not your typical 1-3 team. This reminds me of some of the Nederland teams in the past 5 years that started out loosing close games, but everyone knew they were better than the record and they finished at or near the top of the district.

I sure hop efolks write our boys off! ;D

[quote name="badndn" post="859030" timestamp="1285603713"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73444.msg859017#msg859017 date=1285602618]
[/quote]

[b]Not a chance...  They won't beat LCM, and the Central and Lumberton games could go either way.  That being said, theres a chance that PNG goes 3-4 in district.  [/b]
[/quote]
If you are basing all of this off of our record I understand, but using just a little bit of Logic tells me that the Indians that have lost three games, all in the last minute of the game, to three teams who have a combined record of 12-1, are not your typical 1-3 team. This reminds me of some of the Nederland teams in the past 5 years that started out loosing close games, but everyone knew they were better than the record and they finished at or near the top of the district.

I sure hop efolks write our boys off! ;D
[/quote]

That's why I said, "there's a chance".

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="858082" timestamp="1285508131"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=73444.msg858060#msg858060 date=1285501759]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=73444.msg856703#msg856703 date=1285428184]
[/quote]

I was wondering when one of the Dog fans were going to point that out.  Dont count the Dogs out.  I think they are going to suprise some folks next week.
[/quote]Compare Vidor to Livingston ? LOL !

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="856257" timestamp="1285386835"]
Not to be a cynic, or a hater... but if the nederland coaches keep blowing it, its going to be a long year.. PNG wins this one by 14.. Other nederland fans may hate me for that, but it is what it is.. They are who we thought they were and png will be who we think they are..
[/quote]
Godogs27 I will agree with you on this. Nederland coaches blew the Vidor game Big. I can not understand what Barrows is thinking on his play calling on offense. Come on FAKE PUNT, and running the ball when your 3rd and 20. You are not the only one thinking this because I was sitting with several of the players parents and they were not very happy at all.

Nederlands biggest problem is they have not played with any continuity at several key positions. They are better than they have showed. With that being said, it is the responsibility of the coaches and players to get it together. That holds true for every team facing any turmoil or facing a losing record. I am throwing mine out on the table and predicting Nederland to win at home in a close one. The Dogs wake up this week.

Oh yea, just in case....I like my crow raw.

Nederland 31
PNG        30

Coaching for Nederland needs to improve if Nederland has any chances for competing in the district. I was very close to the bench at Vidor along with several parents and their reactions were not very favorable for the coaching staff. I watched as both offense and defense came off the field several times feeling defeated and not one coach went to the bench to try and lift these young mens spirits or give them any encouragement.

Just my opinion but a game has 4 quarters not 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 quarters. These young men play until the final second ticks off the clock. I hate to see the stands starting to empty before the game is over and all the negative comments being made. How do you think the players feel to turn around and see their supposed fans leaving the game early because they are being defeated. Staying another few minutes and supporting their team regardless of winning or loosing is what a fan is suppose to do. I have  seen the play of the year happen for a player in the final minute of the game. Another thing we all applaud and support the half time show and all the kids involved but when half time is over most of "their" fans leave cause their shirts say it's all about the half time. This is just my opinion but, stick around its more fun than going to get something to eat. :D

[quote name="BigDog007" post="859902" timestamp="1285687138"]
Coaching for Nederland needs to improve if Nederland has any chances for competing in the district. I was very close to the bench at Vidor along with several parents and their reactions were not very favorable for the coaching staff. I watched as both offense and defense came off the field several times feeling defeated and not one coach went to the bench to try and lift these young mens spirits or give them any encouragement.

Just my opinion but a game has 4 quarters not 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 quarters. These young men play until the final second ticks off the clock. I hate to see the stands starting to empty before the game is over and all the negative comments being made. How do you think the players feel to turn around and see their supposed fans leaving the game early because they are being defeated. Staying another few minutes and supporting their team regardless of winning or loosing is what a fan is suppose to do. I have  seen the play of the year happen for a player in the final minute of the game. Another thing we all applaud and support the half time show and all the kids involved but when half time is over most of "their" fans leave cause their shirts say it's all about the half time. This is just my opinion but, stick around its more fun than going to get something to eat. :D

[/quote]I agree to a point, I would say most of the fans that were leaving early were the over 50 crowd and had to get to Luby's before they closed !

[quote name="surfer73" post="860199" timestamp="1285705057"]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=73444.msg859902#msg859902 date=1285687138]

[/quote]I agree to a point, I would say most of the fans that were leaving early were the over 50 crowd and had to get to Luby's before they closed !
[/quote]
Hold on a minute young buck. I'm in the 50+ crowd. Lubys closes at 8:30. Some of us old farts have a bedtime or have to take meds or some other lame excuse. Win or lose, I'm gonna be there until the band finishes their last Cherokee. Back to topic, the Indians get back on the winning track with a huge win.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="858082" timestamp="1285508131"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=73444.msg858060#msg858060 date=1285501759]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Does any know if Sonnier is going to be back?  He may have caught a couple of those breakaway Vidor runners.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami