Livingston @ PNG Game Thread/49-42 Lions Roar/Comments

Lefty99

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tappedout
PNG has no excuses, Livingston lined up and ran up the middle, around the end, and any other way that you could run the ball. We stacked everyone on the line of scrimmage and was trying to tackle the wrong man all night. These boy's need to learn how to tackle low. They were hitting their back's up high and they were finding way's out of tackle's. We would have them for a loss and they would spring loose. They may need to suit up and start practicing in full pad's and learn how to tackle. The coaches can't make the tackle's for them. They were in the right places, but could not make the play. Honestly, we have been exposed through the air and tonite we were exposed on the ground. We have had very poor play out of our LB's all season. They are undersized and are not very physical. It's like our defense is built to stop the pass but we can't even do that. Other team's in the district may stack up better against Livingston's offense, but our defense was no match for them. Our offense is really good but it look's like we will be in a lot of shootout's.

[quote name="tappedout" post="856364" timestamp="1285389614"]
PNG has no excuses, Livingston lined up and ran up the middle, around the end, and any other way that you could run the ball. We stacked everyone on the line of scrimmage and was trying to tackle the wrong man all night. These boy's need to learn how to tackle low. They were hitting their back's up high and they were finding way's out of tackle's. We would have them for a loss and they would spring loose. They may need to suit up and start practicing in full pad's and learn how to tackle. The coaches can't make the tackle's for them. They were in the right places, but could not make the play. Honestly, we have been exposed through the air and tonite we were exposed on the ground. We have had very poor play out of our LB's all season. They are undersized and are not very physical. It's like our defense is built to stop the pass but we can't even do that. Other team's in the district may stack up better against Livingston's offense, but our defense was no match for them. Our offense is really good but it look's like we will be in a lot of shootout's.
[/quote]
I agree with this.........Congrats to Livingston.

Well, before the Lumberton/LCM game, I would have thought that PNG/LCM would definitely be a shootout, now I'm not so sure.  LCM was racking up lots of points in predistrict but also giving up a lot, now they pitch a shutout over Lumberton.  If they wind up with a defense to match that offense, they will roll though district until they play Livingston, then that one may be a shootout.

[quote name="tappedout" post="856364" timestamp="1285389614"]
[/quote]
I also agree, but you cant take anything away from the Livingston offense. They blew big holes in the line and broke lotsa tackles. Best running game I've seen in a long time. Coop is right. They will make the playoffs, maybe as dist champs! Lotta football left to play though. Great game tonight and good win for the Lions. Indians better get ready for Mid-county Madness!

WOW that was honestly the most exciting game i have been to in quite awhile. I'm still horse from the game lol. But PNG has a very good BALANCED offense I was very impressed with there offense. And our defense could not stop the running game of PNG which exposed big passing plays. But all in all im very proud the way Livingston came out to play. Not to sure i want to go watch my Ole Miss Rebels play next week  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="856714" timestamp="1285429140"]
Great game, Lions. Just got a rundown of the game from  a friend.  Looks like yall found a replacement for Jackson and Keke Johnson.  You've gotten this Jag fan's attention...
[/quote]
Soulja, #24 (Mays?) and #10 (White) are a LOT better runners than Jackson or Johnson. Plus, their O-line blew BIG holes for them to run through. Best running game I have seen in a long while. Better gear up the Jags to stop the run or it will be a looong nite! I dont believe our defense had a single stop all night! Good luck to the Jags and Lions. One of y'all ought to take the district title.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="857563" timestamp="1285463452"]
Lions had 500+ yards of total offense and scored on EVERY possession..
[/quote]
Not every possesion. they fumbled once. We did not stop them on any possesion. I do believe though that some other teams in our district may match up better defensively. Our defense is weak, our offense is as good as i've seen but defense is hurting.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="857579" timestamp="1285463929"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73411.msg857563#msg857563 date=1285463452]
[/quote]
Not every possesion. they fumbled once. We did not stop them on any possesion. I do believe though that some other teams in our district may match up better defensively. Our defense is weak, our offense is as good as i've seen but defense is hurting.

[/quote]I thought Png returned there front 7 on defense and it was pretty good last year.

[quote name="pirate68" post="857620" timestamp="1285464754"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=73411.msg857579#msg857579 date=1285463929]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73411.msg857563#msg857563 date=1285463452]
[/quote]

[/quote]I thought Png returned there front 7 on defense and it was pretty good last year.
[/quote]

We did, but need LB's!!!!

i will size it up for you in a nutshell, offense can move the ball but it looks like coach is set on running up the middle and only passing when neccessary! I will say the one handed reception by nelson in the back of the endzone was probably the best i have ever seen in my time, defensively we are absolutely horrible, the only team we may beat is nederland and that is questionable. You give up 500 yards  of  offense and you deserve to loose. Hunter Knox is  really the only brightspot on the defense, DJ is a beast but is never in place to be a force. i really think that they need to put gizzi back on defensive side of the ball. he was only targeted about 4 times on offense and i dont think that warrants him being there on offense. AS i see it if we cant outscore them then we will lose, Livingston scored on every possession except the one where we stripped the ball. The only punt of the game was from us. It seemed like everytime we had them in a pinch the qb stepped up and made big runs. Coach needs to win the lotto and hope for someone to show up on defense because it doesnt exist, i cant remember or want to the last time we gave up 500 yards, but on a good note the offense appears to be balanced and we can get to paydirt. Special teams is another area that needs work. I would hate to be at practice next week knowing that you have to face a team that can throw the ball, and to  think i thought we could stop the run oh my god. I will have to change my picks for playoffs appears we wont be there

Guest tappedout
No we didn't return our front seven, we returned our defensive front. We didn't return any of our LB's. We returned guy's switch out on our 3 man front. So all our LB's and secondary are new from last year. In a 3-4 scheme you must have good LB's and we don't. They are constantly getting out of position and ran over. This started at the Alamodome and it has not stopped. They may need to move DJ to one of the inside LB spot's. Against passing team's he will be real effective from the outside. I guarantee you these coaches know more about what they need to do than me. I  would just like to see a couple of our offensive guy's playing both way's.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="857710" timestamp="1285467841"]
i will size it up for you in a nutshell, offense can move the ball but it looks like coach is set on running up the middle and only passing when neccessary! I will say the one handed reception by nelson in the back of the endzone was probably the best i have ever seen in my time, defensively we are absolutely horrible, the only team we may beat is nederland and that is questionable. You give up 500 yards  of  offense and you deserve to loose. Hunter Knox is  really the only brightspot on the defense, DJ is a beast but is never in place to be a force. i really think that they need to put gizzi back on defensive side of the ball. he was only targeted about 4 times on offense and i dont think that warrants him being there on offense. AS i see it if we cant outscore them then we will lose, Livingston scored on every possession except the one where we stripped the ball. The only punt of the game was from us. It seemed like everytime we had them in a pinch the qb stepped up and made big runs. Coach needs to win the lotto and hope for someone to show up on defense because it doesnt exist, i cant remember or want to the last time we gave up 500 yards, but on a good note the offense appears to be balanced and we can get to paydirt. Special teams is another area that needs work. I would hate to be at practice next week knowing that you have to face a team that can throw the ball, and to  think i thought we could stop the run oh my god. I will have to change my picks for playoffs appears we wont be there

[/quote]

It's just one game... I have no doubts that you guys will make the playoffs.

[/quote]Don't throw the towel in yet Player.. We've got plenty of football left to play...I truly believe this team will make the playoffs and make some noise when they get there

[/quote]

It's not really THAT bad.  We'll be fine,  you'll see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder