BH vs. Dayton: THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BL33DPURPLE" post="851714" timestamp="1284945289"]
Dayton wont lose another game this season!
[/quote]

Easy now...  I don't think i'd be so sure about that.  You're saying an 0-3 team, will go 13-0 from here on out.  Focus on getting the first win before you start calling something like that.  That's like the "PNG 10-0?" thread!  You see how that's going for the Indians...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="851850" timestamp="1284961853"]
[quote author=BL33DPURPLE link=topic=73111.msg851714#msg851714 date=1284945289]
[/quote]

Easy now...  I don't think i'd be so sure about that.  You're saying an 0-3 team, will go 13-0 from here on out.  Focus on getting the first win before you start calling something like that.  That's like the "PNG 10-0?" thread!  You see how that's going for the Indians...
[/quote]

shoulda said regular season

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="851850" timestamp="1284961853"]
[/quote]

[/quote]We could get blind sided by Waller - Right !

Lets just hope the BH kids are focusing on trying to get their first district win..Neither team has played that well thus far this season,but hopefully that will change. If BH can keep it close thru 3 quarters, they have shot, especially if Dayton continues to have turnover problems..An earlier comment about Dayton by 40, obviously more purple kool-aid floating around somewhere around HWY 90..That's a pipe dream...Let's go BH.....

[quote name="jayhawk" post="851973" timestamp="1284993688"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73111.msg851850#msg851850 date=1284961853]
[/quote]

[/quote]
We should be able to actually see how tough Dayton's schedule was by the results in this game. My bet is, they do not fumble as much this game. I do not really see a blowout happening here but Dayton may need the defense to score in this one or get them good field postion throughout.
If they play BH's schedule they would probably be 3-0. Just a fact and people would be talking about how great Dayton is. At least BH fans do not have to listen to this before this game.

[quote name="cbear4" post="852007" timestamp="1284995483"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=73111.msg851973#msg851973 date=1284993688]
[/quote]

[/quote]
We should be able to actually see how tough Dayton's schedule was by the results in this game. My bet is, they do not fumble as much this game. I do not really see a blowout happening here but Dayton may need the defense to score in this one or get them good field postion throughout.
If they play BH's schedule they would probably be 3-0. [b]Just a fact and people would be talking about how great Dayton is. At least BH fans do not have to listen to this before this game.[/b]
[/quote]

:D :D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="851973" timestamp="1284993688"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol. BINGO!  Exactly what a was getting at. :D

I don’t have a good feel for this game and how it will turn out. If you listen to the blow hard Dayton fans they will try to convince that they are going to state, but everyone outside of Dayton knows that aint going to happen. Dayton has played a stronger preseason in theory, but the teams they have played all have losing records except for Angleton (I think). BH on the other hand playing the weaker of the two preseason’s have lost to two teams that are both 3-0. I know I know you have to look deeper to see who their opponents are and so on; D Dayton fans have predicted 3 wins so far (One being Lopsided) and they are 0-3 I truly hope they beat BH this week, so the chest bumping can be some what validated, but if they don't win then that would have to mean that BH will win state 8)

Good luck ponies

Get em EAGLES ;D

PS My prediction of the Broncos starting out 0-3 has been validated ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="852087" timestamp="1285001696"]
I don’t have a good feel for this game and how it will turn out. If you listen to the blow hard Dayton fans they will try to convince that they are going to state, but everyone outside of Dayton knows that aint going to happen. Dayton has played a stronger preseason in theory, but the teams they have played all have losing records except for Angleton (I think). BH on the other hand playing the weaker of the two preseason’s have lost to two teams that are both 3-0. I know I know [b]you have to look deeper to see who their opponents are and so on;[/b] D Dayton fans have predicted 3 wins so far (One being Lopsided) and they are 0-3 I truly hope they beat BH this week, so the chest bumping can be some what validated, but if they don't win then that would have to mean that BH will win state 8)

Good luck ponies

Get em EAGLES ;D

[/quote]

True, Dayton did play a much tougher predistrict, not even in theory, it's just a fact... fair to note that IKE did lose to state-ranked WB and NS.

Congrats on your prediction.

I don't think that any one said we'd be playing for a state championship, but only that we'd be a contender for the regional title for the 4th  time in 4 years.

I know you're just stirring, but I was in the mood to respond.

[quote name="dayton" post="852116" timestamp="1285003038"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=73111.msg852087#msg852087 date=1285001696]
I don’t have a good feel for this game and how it will turn out. If you listen to the blow hard Dayton fans they will try to convince that they are going to state, but everyone outside of Dayton knows that aint going to happen. Dayton has played a stronger preseason in theory, but the teams they have played all have losing records except for Angleton (I think). BH on the other hand playing the weaker of the two preseason’s have lost to two teams that are both 3-0. I know I know [b]you have to look deeper to see who their opponents are and so on;[/b] D Dayton fans have predicted 3 wins so far (One being Lopsided) and they are 0-3 I truly hope they beat BH this week, so the chest bumping can be some what validated, but if they don't win then that would have to mean that BH will win state 8)

Good luck ponies

Get em EAGLES ;D

[/quote]

True, Dayton did play a much tougher predistrict, not even in theory, it's just a fact... fair to note that IKE did lose to state-ranked WB and NS.

I don't think that any one said we'd be playing for a state championship, but only that we'd be a contender for the regional title for the 4th  time in 4 years.

[/quote]

If Dayton loses district, they may not make it two rounds.  Regional is a pipe dream, and Dyaton is no contender for anything.  Thay are not very good, despite what the purple thinks.

Dayton won't beat PNG, Ozen, or LCM.  The way Galena Park is playing, may be looking in the wrong direction for district competition.     

[quote name="dayton" post="852116" timestamp="1285003038"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=73111.msg852087#msg852087 date=1285001696]

Good luck ponies

Get em EAGLES ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for being in the mood ;D There have been several comments about Dayton being as good or better than the State team of course that was prior to the season begining. The Bronco's have had a good past 4 years, but the key word is "past", Sealy won state 4 years in a row, but they still sucked on year number 5 ;D

The team that is able to hold on to the ball will win this. It looks like BH got that problem fixed against Nederland, Dayton has yet to show that it is taken care of. If BH holds on to the ball and Dayton doesn't Dayton won't be able to beat this Offense. The Hill's defense is going to be doing a lot of take away drills this week.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="852219" timestamp="1285008841"]
I think Dayton will win this game. But I'd hate to be a Dayton fan if they dont.
[/quote] PHEW!!!! can you imagine... You think them bump people have their noses stuck up now.. If they WERE to win against Dayton OMGOSH.. If it were to rain after that, They (the bump) AKA the hill would drown from the water going up their nose. :-*

[quote name="octfeb" post="852229" timestamp="1285009145"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=73111.msg852219#msg852219 date=1285008841]
I think Dayton will win this game. But I'd hate to be a Dayton fan if they dont.
[/quote] PHEW!!!! can you imagine... You think them bump people have their noses stuck up now.. If they WERE to win against Dayton OMGOSH.. If it were to rain after that, They (the bump) AKA the hill would drown from the water going up their nose. :-*
[/quote]

Nah we have Umbrellas for our hired help to hold  ;D

Dayton Police Dept,

I want to appologize for putting the "Rick Flair Slap" on 70 year old woman who was in possession of the mighty-fine smoke turkey leg during the Ike beat-down of Dayton.  That sucker smelled good and I was hungry.  Please ensure the school volunteers smoke more of them this Friday, just before the BH beat-down of Dayton. 

Respectfully,

High and Mighty Smokin-Baby   

Any of you BH'ers want make a message board wager?  (BHFAN or smoking baby, namely)  If BH loses, no posts for a month or if you want to step it up, until your teams first playoff game, or until after your teams next win if the middle ground suits your fancy. If Dayton loses, the same goes for me....or Ric Flair chops, either way, let's make this interesting.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="851735" timestamp="1284946513"]
Saw part of Barber's Hill versus Lumberton-you have to admire their toughness and heart.  But i don't think they will be able to run on dayton, and their passing attack isn't much of a threat. 
I've got Dayton in what I see as a relatively low-scoring game
[/quote]

As long as the BH offense can hang onto the ball, I think Dayton is going to be in for a big surprise this Friday. 

As for the passing game, BH has the best QB for the passing game, hopefully we get to see him a lot more than we did during the Nederland game.

BH needs to do what Kubiak is doing with the Texans, put the ball in the hands of the "rookies" and make Dayton start changing their defense up, then change it up on em again!!  Dayton will be ready for the Duke's and McMillan's. .... Something tells me Coach Gage already has a FIX for the Broncos. 

You cannot win Championships in Texas anymore with the running game, you've got to be able to pass the ball ..... I'm pulling for BH to beat Dayton by three and BH has the ability to pass and run the ball!!

Go Eagles !!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho