Goose Creek Memorial at Nederland Game Thread/Ned Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonnier out with concussion, Kemp didnt play groin or hammy not sure. Exavier Bill out Stampley out, and also Butler. And everyone knows the qb situation. We made strides 2nite, still a long way to go but run game was on, and Raines looked a little more comfortable. We are YOUNG , and hopefully will take this win and build on it.

The running game looked good for Nederland with a majority of their yards coming on the ground.  The O-Line looks to be pretty solid. I didn't like the 7 or so designed QB runs,  we haven't had the best of luck with QB's running the ball lately.  Let Carson hand it off and avoid as many hits as possible.  Not much in the Air, but they seem to be taking it slow with the young QB. I thought the offense looked pretty good considering they were without the starting QB and RB and their best athlete for most of the game.

Guest GCMPats
Man! When do WE get to play 19-4A?

Did someone mention the wearing of a pink shirt? Surely you jest.

GCM got whipped at the line of scrimmage tonight. Losing #54 early really left us short on the d line. Not sure how serious any of the many injuries are(#12,11,28 and 54) most of them will require re-evaluation on Saturday.

GCM has to be able to at the very least, slow down the running game and stop all the stupid mistakes to stay in a game. The offense had so many mistakes from penalties to drop passes that any sort of drive is killed before it starts. I do know if I have ever seen so many passes dropped in open space. If RB cannot stay in for the entire game it is going to be a long season. The 88 yard TD run was one for the highlight reel. He has so much potential but has not completed a game. This is one of the best runs I have ever seen at the high school level with the spin move and side steps on the way to the end zone and then turns on the jets and outruns everyone. Like to see much more of this. Cramps can be very much prevented and several players had this problem. QB is not scared to run at/over people but this probably why he is hurt and from the way he was carried off the field he may be out a while. He plays like a FB or LB and QB is easy to hurt this way.

Team is young and this experience should help them improve each week. I hope they learn to minimize mistakes or some of them may not be playing for long. There is some talent at GCM and I do not want to wait until next year to see what they can do. Not blaming any coaching here as they cannot get on the field for them. Players need to have some heart and go 110% every play or go home.

Is stickem legal? LOL!

Nice gams Bulldogs!

Guest GCMPats
One quick question: When did it become a penalty to hit the punter AFTER a high snap? So as a punter I can run 50 yrds and you can not touch me if I attempt to kick the ball? WTH

[quote name="GCMPats" post="838829" timestamp="1283618715"]
One quick question: When did it become a penalty to hit the punter AFTER a high snap? So as a punter I can run 50 yrds and you can not touch me if I attempt to kick the ball? WTH
[/quote]

It was a bad call, refs blew that one

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami