WO-S at Nederland/WOS WINS 40-19!!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="832693" timestamp="1282966587"]
All Nederland needs to improve on is stopping the run, defending the long pass, getting to the QB & completing passess.
[/quote]
:D :D :D :D  That's funny stuff...  I saw the game in person and had no dog in the fight... Wos dominated this from beginning to end.

[quote name="orangecoog" post="832398" timestamp="1282961801"]
I thought Nederland was going to be more impressive. Not!
[/quote]

I thought you might have more class...not!

Nederland got manhandled tonight and basically outrun by a much quicker/faster WOS team...lots of youth on this Nederland team and they will improve from here...first order of business is to try to get healthy in time for district...WOS has a lot of big play potential and it showed tonight and Nederland was certainly a victim of it...congrats to WOS on a well played game

WOS has a lot of young players, too.  Two sophomore linebackers started the game.  We have room for improvement (especially on the kickoff team) but I saw a tremendous improvement from the scrimmage at Dayton to tonight's game.  Ned will be fine.  They have some good players as well. 

WOS defense will be fine, Nederland had one long sustained drive, the other 2 scores the kickoff team stuck them in a hole. I'd bet Ned has 150 yards or less. I was impressed with the progress of the O-line and we will have one of our big boys back next week. Kickoff team must improve quickly.

I thought the Ned defense played well in spots, but I do think they started to tire late. Ned has some good size, too. Offensive line played well in spots as well. I counted only 38 kids on Neds team. We have 32, been a long time since the numbers were that close between the two. Is this Ned team unusually small?

Nederlands play was awful... the d line looks promising however pursuit and tackling has got to get better.... As far as WOS.... I think they look great however they will need to improve the kickoff coverage considering nederland had 2 really long kickoff returns... if Nederland had more speed they would of been run backs.... overall it wasnt a bad first game of the year. I think Nederland will come around before district with some more practice and I think WOS will make yet again another playoff run....

Here goes the Monday morning quarterbacking.  I think a lot if this reverts back to coaches preparing.  Don't try to run end arounds or beat WO-S outside, it's not going to happen.  Nederland did fairly well between the tackles because the o-line overall had a pretty good night. They  have good size and were not getting pushed in the backfield. 

Defense will get better but several missed tackles and giving up big plays.  They seemed to slow WO-S 's offense when they threw in some blitz packages but then stopped blitzing.  WO-S did have some big pass plays but I would have put more emphasis on stopping the run.  WO-S has speed and they utilize it running the ball.  Make them beat you by throwing the ball (which they did) to make any progress.

let me put my two cents worth in.the coaching staff from nederland  should be VERY PROUD of there kids.not once did thay ever give up in this game and as a mustang fan that was good to see.nederland has good size on both sides of the ball and some very fast to the ball.i for one wish the kids there in nederland all the luck for the rest of the season

[quote name="smitty" post="832983" timestamp="1282975355"]
What was the total yardage given up by Nederland's defense?
[/quote]

This is what I turned in this morning after entering data in computer stat program I use.

wos  291 rush  195 pass    486 total
ned  125 rush    41 pass    166 total

WO-S had several big plays for TD's and plays that got them out of long yardage (3rd & 20+ yds) for 1st downs.  Had Nederland stopped them on some of these maybe the score would have been a little closer but the end result still the same.  I thought Raine's did pretty good considering very little practice time and his first start against such a good/quick defense.  He will continue to improve through the season and only get better over the next couple years.  Next couple years will be exciting to watch.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="ForeverADog" post="833244" timestamp="1283016074"]
Anyone else starting to slowly get tired of the spread? I mean yes it can get big plays but I liked it when we pounded it out and play action passes. This offense isn't impressing me.
[/quote]

I think the spread is effective if you are able to "recruit" the type of players necessary to run it correctly.

However, this is HIGH SCHOOL and coaches need to be more willing to "dance with the one that brung 'em".  All too often they get caught up in fads and what the "successful" programs are doing. It's quite possible that a high school could change it's offensive (and defensive) scheme yearly based on the kids they have in their program. (IMO)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder