Westbrook/Lufkin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB 33 Lufkin 28
Remember the last half of a scrimmage is experimental therefore the score is not always the case. The good news is that WB can play up with the big boys.  This would have to be considered a good test for both teams.  

BTW-- the report i received is via text of a text.  We need to wait on the SGT.

Awesome QB competition....both sides where outstanding.

Rough Scoring summary:

when starters were taken out 28-25 Lufkin, WB missed extra point and went for two but failed on another attempt...it was back and forth all game...

i was announcing, so could not update the game....thought we would have a lil more people show up from setxsprts...but guess no one was there to update the game...

N E way I believe we may have found our RB's...

OH, both of our QB's had a good day.... :P

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="828200" timestamp="1282354013"]
BOTH QB's? can we expect to see some kind of Wildcat formations this year with both of them on the field at the same time?
[/quote]
Let's put it this way....they both had a good game....stump had to have ran for over a 100 yds one TD passing one rushing in the third qtr and Jr must have thrown for over 200 yds in the first half...3 TD's

[quote name="D3zii" post="828209" timestamp="1282354389"]
I did go to this Scrimmage since Central played in Houston...I believe Percy looked better at the Back..But Harvey has his long runs also..
Also Stump looked pretty good..Cant wait for the season..
[/quote]
Grab your your bucket....so you can fill it with tears... :'(

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="828222" timestamp="1282354788"]
How did the defense look. Like I told Jr., the offense cant be expected to outscore everybody....the defense is gonna have to step it up. Offense wins games, defense wins championships!
[/quote]
We had a few starters out....2 lineman, a safety, 2 LB, 2 WR

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="828279" timestamp="1282357078"]
I just got a text from WBbear.....he said we had 6 defensive starters out. That makes me feel a bit better.
[/quote]
Well, we weren't going to risk anything....they may sit out next week too...IDK

Are we that shallow in depth that we dont let our best defensive starters play? From what I hear, Ozen likes to throw the ball a bunch. Lets hope our secondary is up for the task!
Honestly, I hope this isn't a year in which we do just barely enough to win the game.....I want to see us blowing teams out of the water. I'm talking 35+ point wins! The only way to do that is to get aggressive with the playcalling and come out with guns a-blazin'! I believe this could be the year in which WB has the talent and the opportunity to do something special. I dont want to see us lose it because we were being too cautious. Do you know what I mean?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="828292" timestamp="1282357528"]
Good practice, Bruins.  Heard from 2 sources that yall looked good.    One source told me that yall will have no problem moving the ball this year, but the defense will need work, especially the secondary. 
[/quote]
Yeah...bring that game plan!!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="828293" timestamp="1282357557"]
Are we that shallow in depth that we dont let our best defensive starters play? From what I hear, Ozen likes to throw the ball a bunch. Lets hope our secondary is up for the task!
Honestly, I hope this isn't a year in which we do just barely enough to win the game.....I want to see us blowing teams out of the water. I'm talking 35+ point wins! The only way to do that is to get aggressive with the playcalling and come out with guns a-blazin'! I believe this could be the year in which WB has the talent and the opportunity to do something special. I dont want to see us lose it because we were being too cautious. Do you know what I mean?

[/quote]

WB will be fine....this team is ready...watch out...seriously..

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="828325" timestamp="1282358471"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71872.msg828279#msg828279 date=1282357078]
I just got a text from WBbear.....he said we had 6 defensive starters out. That makes me feel a bit better.
[/quote]

I was told that Lufkin had 12 starters out.
[/quote]Dang Mike, why you got to rain on our parade like that, huh? :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="828325" timestamp="1282358471"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71872.msg828279#msg828279 date=1282357078]
[/quote]

I was told that Lufkin had 12 starters out.
[/quote]
I was told that wasn't even Lufkin....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami