WOS vs Dayton scrimmage updates

well did wos finally get it in the endzone or what. Sounds like Dayton was primed and ready and wos wasnt on the same page. Good first scrimmage but doesnt mean nothing until real season starts, curious to see what dayton does to nederland or viceversa next week and anxious to see how my ndns do against the running game of memorial

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally home.  This is much easy on the computer.  The Dayton defense was spectacular and WOS does have a lot to look forward to.  The quarter back has a good arm, but lots of passes fell just out of reach or were dropped by the receivers.  The running game for WOS will be fine.  The D-line for Dayton is just a brick wall and that brick wall has lots of good back ups to fill in.  Darian Wright is a beast.  He was shedding double teams and still making the play.  He has to be doubled and have a back to help the double team in order to run between the tackles but that leaves his line mates open and they are fast and strong.
Once again, I had fun doing this, but I don't know if I can keep it up.  If my son makes it back up to varsity I will not do as many updates, but will still try to keep everyone informed.
This Dayton team is loaded with underclassmen.  I think I saw about six or seven sophomores in with the first team.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="825589" timestamp="1281839547"]
well did wos finally get it in the endzone or what. Sounds like Dayton was primed and ready and wos wasnt on the same page. Good first scrimmage but doesnt mean nothing until real season starts, curious to see what dayton does to nederland or viceversa next week and anxious to see how my ndns do against the running game of memorial
[/quote]

No.  They got inside of the red zone several times and even inside of the five a couple of time but the Dayton defense pushed them back and got the ball back on downs.  Dayton probably would have scored more if they didn't start so deep in their own side of the field so many times.

[quote name="oldrock" post="825597" timestamp="1281840399"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=71652.msg825589#msg825589 date=1281839547]
[/quote]

No.  They got inside of the red zone several times and even inside of the five a couple of time but the Dayton defense pushed them back and got the ball back on downs.  Dayton probably would have scored more if they didn't start so deep in their own side of the field so many times.
[/quote]

WO-S better learn how to score when thier in the red zone. >:( >:(

Broncos did what their suppossed to do to a 3A team without the #1 reciever jr.Gamal Fowler who did not play a down w/a tweeked foot.WOS needs some work but Darrian Wright is a stud just like last yr.dbl.team him and he still makes tackles.LB Ripkowski put the pressure on all night till relieved.This scrimmage from the get go was dominated in the trenches-my hero's.

Final numbers

Dayton scored 24 points

WOS scored 0 points

Total offense

Dayton had 306 total yards

WOS had 104 total yards

First downs

Dayton  14
WOS       7

Dayton did have a 88 yard TD pass called back due to penalty, legit penalty, block in the back that happened right in front of me which cleared the way for the TD.

Dayton shut down the run forcing WOS to pass just about every down.

Dayton really looks good. I was impressed.

Juan Carranco 6 WOS 0-that sound better using a soph.kicker.It's a good thing for a call back longgggg td run by Delasbour on a penalty and Stewart taking him out in the early 3rd as the mustang track champions had nobody close to catching him.Keep an eye on this junior.Dayton @ this point is well ahead of last years start.I'm so looking forward to the dist.opener w/BH and that crazy score posted 65-2 might be a reality just on the Eagles.

[quote name="liltex" post="825666" timestamp="1281874518"]
Juan Carranco 6 WOS 0-that sound better using a soph.kicker.It's a good thing for a call back longgggg td run by Delasbour on a penalty and Stewart taking him out in the early 3rd as the mustang track champions had nobody close to catching him.Keep an eye on this junior.Dayton @ this point is well ahead of last years start.I'm so looking forward to the dist.opener w/BH and that crazy score posted 65-2 might be a reality just on the Eagles.
[/quote]

FYI...it's Juanito.  What kind of distance does he have in the leg this year?

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="825678" timestamp="1281877359"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=71652.msg825666#msg825666 date=1281874518]
[/quote]

FYI...it's Juanito.  What kind of distance does he have in the leg this year?
[/quote]
haha juanito?  His parents named him Li'l John?

Call him whatever but kicking a cajun will call him Kicadeaux.Kick-offs a little higher/longer-31 yd.fg had distance for easy 45 yarder.We did not use the secret in a scrimmage.Ball starts on the 30 so didn't need to use the surprize new kicker that's been on the team since 08 as a fresh.QB Herrera has so much more zip on passes over last year he's overthrowing alot but he also missed a week practice sick in wk.1 of 2 adays so he's a little pumped.If he'd been on target 60% like last year it'd been bad news for WOS.

WOS has a solid team looked like a carbon copy of last years team. Some big kids in the trenches  linebackers and secondary  took care of business for the the most part until our running back got a step on them a few times. WOS QB good runner with good arm was running for his life alot but still managed to get off some good passes that his recievers managed to drop alot, but did complette some long ones and our seconary neeeds to work on that. Over all a very good team should make a deep run in the playoff's. - Just as I suspected the Bronco's are off to a faster start than last year . Our RB is blazzing fast and has good hands ,but runs a litlle to srtaight up when going for short yards up them middle he got horse collared(no call)  once and it looked like a bad injury ,but shook it off. Half way through the third our skill players set out and the young backups came in took over where the others ones left off really not a whole alot of differents between the two.  Our defense is  "bad"  and I mean that in a good way going to be a fun year - GO BRONCO'S ==

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="825699" timestamp="1281880105"]
Link to some scrimmage video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

prepare to get rick-rolled.
[/quote]
That must have been at half time last night. I can't believe I missed that for a snow cone!

Great to be back on here for football season! Broncos looked pretty stout for the first scrimmage. The offensive line started a little slow, they had some problems running those inside counter plays at first but they seemed to work that out within the first 3 or 4 possesions. The pass blocking was perfection to watch.

The only weakness on defense i saw was the secondary. WOS receivers got behind them on several occasions and they don't have a lot of size, which may haunt them down the road. (Brenham has large wideouts!) But hey....it's early. Let's go BRONCOS!!

Oh and Dude......that Ricky video was not cool man. Don't do that to me ever again!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax