WOS vs Dayton scrimmage updates

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827816" timestamp="1282313934"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=71652.msg827812#msg827812 date=1282313734]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827800#msg827800 date=1282313052]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71652.msg827709#msg827709 date=1282275384]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827512#msg827512 date=1282259556]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=71652.msg826196#msg826196 date=1282009942]
Is Friendshood chiming in?  I heard that Dayton tried to schedule and that the mustangs backed out because they didn't want to get beat down this year.  
[/quote]

Right - after 6 straight wins we backed out!! We were supposed to get beat down the last 3 years. But Dayton does not play well early in the year, so we decided to play Angleton. No fella - the schedules changed because of redistricting. If we were running from a fight, you think we would have scheduled Angleton?? They are better than Dayton this year I think.
[/quote]

Soooooooooo... FW has a sure win against WOS based on how we played in a first scrimmage against Dayton... but Angleton is better than Dayton after getting their teeth kicked in last week by a 3A West Columbia that went 3-7 or 2-8 last year... Hmmmmmm ??? ::) :-\
[/quote]

You clearly are not paying attention to my posts. Did I say anything about a sure win?? Did I draw any conclusions from your terrible showing vs Dayton? Do I think Angleton is not any good because they had a subpar showing in their first scrimmage. NO. What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. Can you get that? Yes I do think we will beat WOS, team that is supposed to have good speed, very little size and depth. We are a very athletic, strong, fast and disciplined team with good size and depth. Can you stay with me there Gasilla, I know I threw a lot at ya!

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

What I interpreted from the sports reporters that were there, Angelton was very flat, WC was pumped and it was a draw. Once Angleton got fired up, they took it to them as expected. Do your homework Gasilla! PS by all accounts I have read Dayton dominated WOS and WOS dominated poor Vidor. So - using your logic WOS will win the state title!!
[/quote]WOW....  same old FW :o
[/quote]

And how did that offend you or show FW attitude?? Just used some facts and the same sarcasm on comparisions that a WOS fan used? Help me out - how did that offend you or show arrogance as you people like to stereotype any one from FW?
[/quote]Here we go :D ...Your the one getting all off in your feelins..Man you don't always have to have a chip on your shoulder...We (NEDERLAND) had dealings with you guys 2years ago in baseball ...I am not offended at all  ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827800" timestamp="1282313052"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=71652.msg826196#msg826196 date=1282009942]
Is Friendshood chiming in?  I heard that Dayton tried to schedule and that the mustangs backed out because they didn't want to get beat down this year.  
[/quote]

Right - after 6 straight wins we backed out!! We were supposed to get beat down the last 3 years. But Dayton does not play well early in the year, so we decided to play Angleton. No fella - the schedules changed because of redistricting. If we were running from a fight, you think we would have scheduled Angleton?? They are better than Dayton this year I think.
[/quote]

Soooooooooo... FW has a sure win against WOS based on how we played in a first scrimmage against Dayton... but Angleton is better than Dayton after getting their teeth kicked in last week by a 3A West Columbia that went 3-7 or 2-8 last year... Hmmmmmm ??? ::) :-\
[/quote]

You clearly are not paying attention to my posts. Did I say anything about a sure win?? Did I draw any conclusions from your terrible showing vs Dayton? Do I think Angleton is not any good because they had a subpar showing in their first scrimmage. NO. What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. Can you get that? Yes I do think we will beat WOS, team that is supposed to have good speed, very little size and depth. We are a very athletic, strong, fast and disciplined team with good size and depth. Can you stay with me there Gasilla, I know I threw a lot at ya!

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

What I interpreted from the sports reporters that were there, Angelton was very flat, WC was pumped and it was a draw. Once Angleton got fired up, they took it to them as expected. Do your homework Gasilla! PS by all accounts I have read Dayton dominated WOS and WOS dominated poor Vidor. So - using your logic WOS will win the state title!!
[/quote]

"Columbia held state-ranked Angleton to one TD and FG, while scoring 5 times against the Wildcats. Columbia scored on the first and last play from scrimmage and totaled 4 scores during the scripted portion of the scrimmage. In the 2-15 minute game clock portions of the scrimmage Angleton scored once and also kicked a field goal, while Columbia only managed a single TD."

This is from another website and is the bare bones about that scrimmage. Yes that looks pretty much like they were handled pretty good by a 3A team that wasn't very good last year. As for all the other excuses you are posting about that scrimmage, I'm not gonna address because it is obviously full of homerism from some homer writer, [b]if [/b] what you said is even true.

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827800#msg827800 date=1282313052]Did I say anything about a sure win?? [/quote]

You have predicted your team to win and you argue about us having more speed, but at the same time assume you are correct about FW being bigger, more discipline, athletic and having more depth... You have not come right out and posted a sure win, but you defnitely insinuate it by your demeanor. Are you able to grasp that? I know that's throwing a lot at you? OK I will spell it out for you because you are one of those who can't recognize your own arrogance... You did not say directly that you are bigger, stronger, as fast and more discipline, but if you mention those things, and feel pretty confident that you are going to win (which you have posted previously) then you must feel that you do have us beat in those areas, right? Hello?

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827800#msg827800 date=1282313052]What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. Can you get that?[/quote]

No, I don't get that, I understand not running from Dayton, but I don't get you repeatedly mentioning how good Angleton is and even saying they are better than Dayton, when you have nothing to base that on other than to try and prove your argument. Dayton went to the Semi's in 07, Final's in 08 and the Regional finals in 09. What has Angleton done other than perform poorly against a subpar 3A so far?

Anyway, I've said enough, I've dealt with your type to many times. You will not see it. It's those dang rose colored glasses... ;D

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Gasilla" post="827910" timestamp="1282321678"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Columbia held state-ranked Angleton to one TD and FG, while scoring 5 times against the Wildcats. Columbia scored on the first and last play from scrimmage and totaled 4 scores during the scripted portion of the scrimmage. In the 2-15 minute game clock portions of the scrimmage Angleton scored once and also kicked a field goal, while Columbia only managed a single TD."

This is from another website and is the bare bones about that scrimmage. Yes that looks pretty much like they were handled pretty good by a 3A team that wasn't very good last year. As for all the other excuses you are posting about that scrimmage, I'm not gonna address because it is obviously full of homerism from some homer writer, [b]if [/b] what you said is even true.

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827800#msg827800 date=1282313052]Did I say anything about a sure win?? [/quote]

You have predicted your team to win and you argue about us having more speed, but at the same time assume you are correct about FW being bigger, more discipline, athletic and having more depth... You have not come right out and posted a sure win, but you defnitely insinuate it by your demeanor. Are you able to grasp that? I know that's throwing a lot at you? OK I will spell it out for you because you are one of those who can't recognize your own arrogance... You did not say directly that you are bigger, stronger, as fast and more discipline, but if you mention those things, and feel pretty confident that you are going to win (which you have posted previously) then you must feel that you do have us beat in those areas, right? Hello?

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827800#msg827800 date=1282313052]What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. Can you get that?[/quote]

No, I don't get that, I understand not running from Dayton, but I don't get you repeatedly mentioning how good Angleton is and even saying they are better than Dayton, when you have nothing to base that on other than to try and prove your argument. Dayton went to the Semi's in 07, Final's in 08 and the Regional finals in 09. What has Angleton done other than perform poorly against a subpar 3A so far?

Anyway, I've said enough, I've dealt with your type to many times. You will not see it. It's those dang rose colored glasses... ;D

[/quote][b][color=purple][size=12pt]GO BRONCOS ;D[/size][/color][/b]

[quote name="BaseBow" post="827885" timestamp="1282319177"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827816#msg827816 date=1282313934]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=71652.msg827812#msg827812 date=1282313734]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]WOW....  same old FW :o
[/quote]

And how did that offend you or show FW attitude?? Just used some facts and the same sarcasm on comparisions that a WOS fan used? Help me out - how did that offend you or show arrogance as you people like to stereotype any one from FW?
[/quote]Here we go :D ...Your the one getting all off in your feelins..Man you don't always have to have a chip on your shoulder...We (NEDERLAND) had dealings with you guys 2years ago in baseball ...I am not offended at all  ;)
[/quote]

Wow Same old Nederland. We, Friendswood had dealings with yall 2 years ago in baseball and last year in football. Hope we did not hurt your feelins!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827910" timestamp="1282321678"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

[/quote]

[b]I posted no excuses - just the facts - got that Gasilla. Show me where I tried to excuse Angletons performance. I know that is hard for you - but try to find some excuses. PS this was posted by another web site reporter, not a local paper![/b]

[b]Again  - you seem to have grammar issues - show me where I said we were bigger, as fast, stronger and more disciplined? So just mentioning the characteristics of our team makes me arrogant. Of course I feel we are going to win fella, it is my team. PS - most of the setxsports fans who all just love FW also think we are going to win. But so what - we still have to play the game. PS - the purpose of these boards is to discuss - but when you cop a tude - I will get right back in your face. I assume you are an WOS fan? Have a kid playing - great - enjoy the experience and work on your post reading skills and some thicker skin.[/b]

[b]Because we know Dayton and Angleton very well, I think Angleton is better this year - ok!!! You bring up history which has nothing to do with this year. I know the returning talend from each team, we played them both, and think Angleton has more back. Both are very good teams. Got it, simple opinion and no ones is better - not even yours, now that is arrogance!![/b]

[b]But I have said enough , I have dealt with your type so many times - you have orange colored glasses!![/b]

TOUCHE!

[/quote]

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827933" timestamp="1282324025"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71652.msg827910#msg827910 date=1282321678]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

[/quote]

[b]I posted no excuses - just the facts - got that Gasilla. Show me where I tried to excuse Angletons performance. I know that is hard for you - but try to find some excuses. PS this was posted by another web site reporter, not a local paper![/b]

[b][i]"Angelton was very flat", "WC was pumped ", "Once Angleton got fired up", Excuses!!! And it wreaks of, "they only played better because ... (see previous excuses) which is nothing more than Homer mentality. Got that?[/i][/b]

[b]Again  - you seem to have grammar issues - show me where I said we were bigger, as fast, stronger and more disciplined? So just mentioning the characteristics of our team makes me arrogant. Of course I feel we are going to win fella, it is my team. PS - most of the setxsports fans who all just love FW also think we are going to win. But so what - we still have to play the game. PS - the purpose of these boards is to discuss - but when you cop a tude - I will get right back in your face. I assume you are an WOS fan? Have a kid playing - great - enjoy the experience and work on your post reading skills and some thicker skin.[/b]

[b][i]Funny, you mention grammar issues but then proceed to point out nothing about grammar. Maybe the word you are looking for is "comprehension" and yes I do very well at that. Maybe you should try a little because I said on my last post that you insinuate with the things you say and the context in which you put them. It is implied... LOL Your trying awfully hard to make yourself sound intelligent, but then unwittingly discredit yourself... LOL. Tude??? Dude, you started with a tude... ;)[/i][/b]

[b]Because we know Dayton and Angleton very well, I think Angleton is better this year - ok!!! You bring up history which has nothing to do with this year. I know the returning talend from each team, we played them both, and think Angleton has more back. Both are very good teams. Got it, simple opinion and no ones is better - not even yours, now that is arrogance!![/b]

[b][i]LOL... I did not say either one was better than the other, nor did I imply it. You were the one who stepped out there and made the statement that one was better than the other. I used a little common sense and football knowledge to discredit it. ;D[/i][/b]

[b]But I have said enough , I have dealt with your type so many times - you have orange colored glasses!![/b]

TOUCHE!

[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827971" timestamp="1282328782"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827933#msg827933 date=1282324025]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71652.msg827910#msg827910 date=1282321678]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b][i]"Angelton was very flat", "WC was pumped ", "Once Angleton got fired up", Excuses!!! And it wreaks of, "they only played better because ... (see previous excuses) which is nothing more than Homer mentality. Got that?[/i][/b]

[b][i]Funny, you mention grammar issues but then proceed to point out nothing about grammar. Maybe the word you are looking for is "comprehension" and yes I do very well at that. Maybe you should try a little because I said on my last post that you insinuate with the things you say and the context in which you put them. It is implied... LOL Your trying awfully hard to make yourself sound intelligent, but then unwittingly discredit yourself... LOL. Tude??? Dude, you started with a tude... ;)[/i][/b]

[b][i]LOL... I did not say either one was better than the other, nor did I imply it. You were the one who stepped out there and made the statement that one was better than the other. I used a little common sense and football knowledge to discredit it. ;D[/i][/b]

TOUCHE!

See what you started Tyrone?

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
    • Talk about condescension. It’s not chasing me off this time. I have never been talked more rudely at than on here. Oh, and no one can move away from God. He dwells in all things. The problem is we have politicized Him to further divide ourselves and make money or build power for ourselves. He loves us all anyway. Peace.
    • Heard they made a hire 6/18 but have no info on it.
  • Topics