WOS vs Dayton scrimmage updates

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="825743" timestamp="1281888597"]
Did the kid that signed with Rice play?  If so, how did he look?  I think Booth may be the last name.
[/quote] You can't miss him he towers over everyone on the offensive line. He's big and quick on his feet a discipline player that takes care of  his assignments did a good job of protecing  our QB.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="825743" timestamp="1281888597"]
Did the kid that signed with Rice play?  If so, how did he look?  I think Booth may be the last name.
[/quote] His name is Justin Booth

[quote name="Gasilla" post="825761" timestamp="1281896210"]
I agree, that is about as bad a first outing as I have seen from WOS. Got a long way to go.

Dayton looks very good for this early in the season.
[/quote]wo-s will be fine. coach hooks and coach stewart know how to make adjustments. they old school and been around a long time. they'll only get better as the season goes on. watch and see!!!!  ::) ::)

Indeed he played well.Looks like #1 after being groomed 2 yrs.@RB then movng the soph.to LB in mid-season where his size and quickness payed off as well as him getting in some hard licks has him primed for a monster season as a jr.in his starting role.At this time last year the DL was set but had to find a OL,LB'S,QB,RB,WR's and going in those positions are primed by 4 playoff games of experience for another run.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="825757" timestamp="1281895665"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=71652.msg825755#msg825755 date=1281895048]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=71652.msg825743#msg825743 date=1281888597]
[/quote]

Did he sign for basketball???
[/quote] *shrugs*

[quote name="Gasilla" post="825761" timestamp="1281896210"]
I agree, that is about as bad a first outing as I have seen from WOS. Got a long way to go.

[/quote]

But everyone knows Dayton does not play well early in the season, that is the only reason FW has been able to beat them, right guys?

[quote name="fwstangs" post="826145" timestamp="1282001176"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71652.msg825761#msg825761 date=1281896210]

[/quote]

But everyone knows Dayton does not play well early in the season, that is the only reason FW has been able to beat them, right guys?
[/quote]

I have no idea what you are talking about...

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="825757" timestamp="1281895665"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=71652.msg825755#msg825755 date=1281895048]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=71652.msg825743#msg825743 date=1281888597]
[/quote]

Did he sign for basketball???
[/quote]

No football.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="826196" timestamp="1282009942"]
Is Friendshood chiming in?  I heard that Dayton tried to schedule and that the mustangs backed out because they didn't want to get beat down this year. 
[/quote]

Right - after 6 straight wins we backed out!! We were supposed to get beat down the last 3 years. But Dayton does not play well early in the year, so we decided to play Angleton. No fella - the schedules changed because of redistricting. If we were running from a fight, you think we would have scheduled Angleton?? They are better than Dayton this year I think.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827512" timestamp="1282259556"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=71652.msg826196#msg826196 date=1282009942]
Is Friendshood chiming in?  I heard that Dayton tried to schedule and that the mustangs backed out because they didn't want to get beat down this year. 
[/quote]

Right - after 6 straight wins we backed out!! We were supposed to get beat down the last 3 years. But Dayton does not play well early in the year, so we decided to play Angleton. No fella - the schedules changed because of redistricting. If we were running from a fight, you think we would have scheduled Angleton?? They are better than Dayton this year I think.
[/quote]

Soooooooooo... FW has a sure win against WOS based on how we played in a first scrimmage against Dayton... but Angleton is better than Dayton after getting their teeth kicked in last week by a 3A West Columbia that went 3-7 or 2-8 last year... Hmmmmmm ??? ::) :-\

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827709" timestamp="1282275384"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827512#msg827512 date=1282259556]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=71652.msg826196#msg826196 date=1282009942]
Is Friendshood chiming in?  I heard that Dayton tried to schedule and that the mustangs backed out because they didn't want to get beat down this year.  
[/quote]

[/quote]

Soooooooooo... FW has a sure win against WOS based on how we played in a first scrimmage against Dayton... but Angleton is better than Dayton after getting their teeth kicked in last week by a 3A West Columbia that went 3-7 or 2-8 last year... Hmmmmmm ??? ::) :-\
[/quote]

You clearly are not paying attention to my posts. Did I say anything about a sure win?? Did I draw any conclusions from your terrible showing vs Dayton? Do I think Angleton is not any good because they had a subpar showing in their first scrimmage. NO. What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. Can you get that? Yes I do think we will beat WOS, team that is supposed to have good speed, very little size and depth. We are a very athletic, strong, fast and disciplined team with good size and depth. Can you stay with me there Gasilla, I know I threw a lot at ya!

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

What I interpreted from the sports reporters that were there, Angelton was very flat, WC was pumped and it was a draw. Once Angleton got fired up, they took it to them as expected. Do your homework Gasilla! PS by all accounts I have read Dayton dominated WOS and WOS dominated poor Vidor. So - using your logic WOS will win the state title!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827800" timestamp="1282313052"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71652.msg827709#msg827709 date=1282275384]
Is Friendshood chiming in?  I heard that Dayton tried to schedule and that the mustangs backed out because they didn't want to get beat down this year.  
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You clearly are not paying attention to my posts. Did I say anything about a sure win?? Did I draw any conclusions from your terrible showing vs Dayton? Do I think Angleton is not any good because they had a subpar showing in their first scrimmage. NO. What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. [glow=red,2,300]Can you get that? Yes I do think we will beat WOS, team that is supposed to have good speed, very little size and depth. We are a very athletic, strong, fast and disciplined team with good size and depth. Can you stay with me there Gasilla, I know I threw a lot at ya[/glow]!

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

What I interpreted from the sports reporters that were there, Angelton was very flat, WC was pumped and it was a draw. Once Angleton got fired up, they took it to them as expected. Do your homework Gasilla! PS by all accounts I have read Dayton dominated WOS and WOS dominated poor Vidor. So - using your logic WOS will win the state title!!
[/quote]WOW....  same old FW :o

[quote name="BaseBow" post="827812" timestamp="1282313734"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71652.msg827800#msg827800 date=1282313052]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71652.msg827709#msg827709 date=1282275384]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You clearly are not paying attention to my posts. Did I say anything about a sure win?? Did I draw any conclusions from your terrible showing vs Dayton? Do I think Angleton is not any good because they had a subpar showing in their first scrimmage. NO. What I did say is that Angleton is better than Dayton, and we are not running from Dayton. Can you get that? Yes I do think we will beat WOS, team that is supposed to have good speed, very little size and depth. We are a very athletic, strong, fast and disciplined team with good size and depth. Can you stay with me there Gasilla, I know I threw a lot at ya!

PS - I had not ready anything about the Angleton vs West Columbia scrimmage, so I went looking. There is a big difference between these two descriptions -1.  Angleton did not play well during the controlled scrimmage where WC kept them from scoring much if any. WC did not score any. In the timed scrimmage - Angleton dominated. 2. Angelton got their teeth kicked in.

[/quote]WOW....  same old FW :o
[/quote]

And how did that offend you or show FW attitude?? Just used some facts and the same sarcasm on comparisions that a WOS fan used? Help me out - how did that offend you or show arrogance as you people like to stereotype any one from FW?

Friendswood should beat  WOS  their school is over twice the size of WOS, but the game has to be played first and I think FW will be impressed on how compettive a 3a WOS team is I know I was (Dayton)- Vanmeter would of never scheduled the game if he didn't think it was worth his while . I'll be cheering for both teams if they make it out of REG3 pllayoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124