Practice Field

Went to watch my son put the pads on today and had trouble finding them. After sitting in my truck for about thirty minutes I finally decided to walk around the campus. I found them on the GAME FIELD. Back in my day that was off limits to practice. I asked my son why they went to the game field, and he said because the practice field was in bad shape. It had rocks, sticks, and asphalt coming up on it. I then asked why not practice on the other practice field which looked in great shape. He said that was reserved for the band. I fully support the band because my daughter was in it a few years ago, but they almost always practiced in the school parking lot. I personally think this is crazy that our boys have to practice on a non regulation field that has rocks an sticks in it. This is football for crying out loud. Can we please fix the issue.

[quote name="piratedad1977" post="823447" timestamp="1281132646"]
Went to watch my son put the pads on today and had trouble finding them. After sitting in my truck for about thirty minutes I finally decided to walk around the campus. I found them on the GAME FIELD. Back in my day that was off limits to practice. I asked my son why they went to the game field, and he said because the practice field was in bad shape. It had rocks, sticks, and asphalt coming up on it. I then asked why not practice on the other practice field which looked in great shape. He said that was reserved for the band. I fully support the band because my daughter was in it a few years ago, but they almost always practiced in the school parking lot. I personally think this is crazy that our boys have to practice on a non regulation field that has rocks an sticks in it. This is football for crying out loud. Can we please fix the issue.
[/quote]
Wow...that is terrible.  Probably started because some cranky band parents pitched a fit when their kids weren't getting the same attention and "fair treatment" as the football players.  Then, the school board fell to the pressure of said parent.  Or at least, that would be the explanation at LCM

Where I am from it is the coaches responsibility to have the field in shape, I know of coaches atschools without big 4a/5a money that work long hours to make that happen. It is a year round process and the fields cannot be neglected. I dont know where your son plays but there is probably more to the story than you know so go talk o the coaches and they may have other reasons. And lastly safety is important and at least he has coaches aware of the dangers at the other field.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="823538" timestamp="1281185620"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=71462.msg823521#msg823521 date=1281168416]
From what I was told PNG trashed your practice field . ;D
[/quote]Thats what I also heard. ;)
[/quote]
Definately...I say 20-4A just gets together to file a massive grievance against the Indians

honestly why would someone from png go vandalize your practice field, honestly i thought that was a cow pasture. Why would anyone practice on a field made over a parking lot, dont make since. to tell you the truth it was probably a ned fan who did that. Evidently it had to do with school colors, awe the pressure of the black and gold, but the last time i heard the football team brings in money for the school district and the band does what?  So why would the football team have to sacrifice for the sake of the band. Just dont see it.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="823458" timestamp="1281136712"]
[quote author=piratedad1977 link=topic=71462.msg823447#msg823447 date=1281132646]
[/quote]
Wow...that is terrible.  Probably started because some cranky band parents pitched a fit when their kids weren't getting the same attention and "fair treatment" as the football players.  Then, the school board fell to the pressure of said parent.  Or at least, that would be the explanation at LCM
[/quote]
Just a thought, but doesn't the band deserve to practice on a "regulation field" also, considering that their marching routines depend on the yard markers and fields boundaries?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder