21-3A 2010-2011 season

Couple things...

HJ's Jv might be able to beat Legacy...after all they were what 0-18 in Non District games last year....

As someone who has been on the opposing side of both Silsbee and WOS and knowing what they have coming back is what I base my opinion on. Silsbee is no one man team...Stallworth is good but he's not J'Covan or Decarlos Frank he's not a one man scoring barrage. I'm not saying he's not good but he plays more of an all around type of game. Silsbee has several other talented players and like I said you cant base your opinion on Summer League games, often time players arent there.

And to be fair no one attacked I just disputed your opinion

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="True Blue" post="814175" timestamp="1277260635"]
Well lets see WOS and Silsbee score last year 44 to 58 then 49 to 59 and Sislbee won both but that is not what I would call a dominating score. [b]And no one cares what happen 10 years ago[/b]. And I think you have not watched HJ s JV play they are playing in the summer league games and they are pretty good They played HFs V and played them realy close.  But you are right they prob. cant beat that many Vrs teams  but that pick makes as much since as picking HJ last
[/quote]

Who said anything about 10 years ago? I said Silsbee had a 10 GAME win streak over the Mustangs, with 3 of those wins last season with an average of a 16 point win margin. That's not close.

You need to stop before you trash HJ's good name.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="814169" timestamp="1277256676"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70622.msg814168#msg814168 date=1277255515]
Like I said that is JMO from what I have seen this summer. Silsbee looks to be a one man team, but they might have players not playing in the summer games. And I also know that summe games or just that summer games but you can see if they have talented players, and sorry I have just seen one in Sislbee , he is real good but it is hard to be a one man team at the 3a level. But no were have I said that Silsbee would be week I said that there will be good games between all three teams. And Aggie you never heard me say that he would not see the floor ;)  But Kelly I am basing my pick on seeing Sislbee play but looks like maybe not all of their players. That is what I love about this site If you make a pick that is not what Aggie thinks is right you get attacked or they deleate you acount ;D Just hope that one of these days he makes that attack face to face :o
[/quote]

Nobody has attacked. ::)

I never said that you said he wouldn't see the floor. Actually, that talk came from HJ people. ;)

Folks tell you that you are clueless because of the statements that you make are not accurate. Example, you say that Silsbee and WOS are close but you obviously don't know each team well enough. I stated that Silsbee has had the upper hand over the last several years over WOS which is far from being close. Also you stated that WOS had several top players that were juniors yet the 4 players that made all district and 88% of the team scoring last year were from seniors. Then you say that HJ's JV would beat most of 21-3A's varsity teams. That's ridiculous! Comments like these make you look very foolish.

Like I said, before making these "opinions", do a little more research next time. ;)
[/quote]

If memory serves, when HJ played @ WOS last year it was senior night for the Mustangs.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but out of all the kids in uniform for WOS that night, there were only two or three that were not introduced as seniors.  I would think WOS would be a little weaker this year with the majority of their talent graduating last year.   

[quote name="bmrm" post="814209" timestamp="1277296584"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=70622.msg814169#msg814169 date=1277256676]
Like I said that is JMO from what I have seen this summer. Silsbee looks to be a one man team, but they might have players not playing in the summer games. And I also know that summe games or just that summer games but you can see if they have talented players, and sorry I have just seen one in Sislbee , he is real good but it is hard to be a one man team at the 3a level. But no were have I said that Silsbee would be week I said that there will be good games between all three teams. And Aggie you never heard me say that he would not see the floor ;)  But Kelly I am basing my pick on seeing Sislbee play but looks like maybe not all of their players. That is what I love about this site If you make a pick that is not what Aggie thinks is right you get attacked or they deleate you acount ;D Just hope that one of these days he makes that attack face to face :o
[/quote]

I never said that you said he wouldn't see the floor. Actually, that talk came from HJ people. ;)

Folks tell you that you are clueless because of the statements that you make are not accurate. Example, you say that Silsbee and WOS are close but you obviously don't know each team well enough. I stated that Silsbee has had the upper hand over the last several years over WOS which is far from being close. Also you stated that WOS had several top players that were juniors yet the 4 players that made all district and 88% of the team scoring last year were from seniors. Then you say that HJ's JV would beat most of 21-3A's varsity teams. That's ridiculous! Comments like these make you look very foolish.

Like I said, before making these "opinions", do a little more research next time. ;)
[/quote]

If memory serves, when HJ played @ WOS last year it was senior night for the Mustangs.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but out of all the kids in uniform for WOS that night, there were only two or three that were not introduced as seniors.  I would think WOS would be a little weaker this year with the majority of their talent graduating last year.   
[/quote]

You are not wrong, bmrm. WOS lost a lot to graduation. True Clueless obviously lacks knowledge.

[quote name="alice" post="814212" timestamp="1277297531"]
trueblue why is Blaine not playing summer league? Did he do any serious damage to his knee a couple of weeks back?
[/quote] No he did not hurt it that bad I think it scared him more than anything. He is at camps the next 3 weeks, SFA, Texasprep, and Im not sure were in week3 .But he should be there tomorrow night in Kountze. And the real reason I have picked WOS so high I might know who their next coach is going to be. Cant say for sure but if the rummer is true they will be better than some people ( Aggie) thinks.

[quote name="True Blue" post="814351" timestamp="1277342586"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=70622.msg814212#msg814212 date=1277297531]
trueblue why is Blaine not playing summer league? Did he do any serious damage to his knee a couple of weeks back?
[/quote] No he did not hurt it that bad I think it scared him more than anything. He is at camps the next 3 weeks, SFA, Texasprep, and Im not sure were in week3 .But he should be there tomorrow night in Kountze. And the real reason I have picked WOS so high I might know who their next coach is going to be. Cant say for sure but if the rummer is true they will be better than some people ( Aggie) thinks.
[/quote]

I feel regardless of who their next new coach is, with all the seniors they lost, it's not going to matter.  They might third get place in the district and earn a playoff spot, but I don't see them giving Silsbee & HJ much trouble. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="814311" timestamp="1277327572"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=70622.msg814209#msg814209 date=1277296584]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=70622.msg814169#msg814169 date=1277256676]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are not wrong, bmrm. WOS lost a lot to graduation. True Clueless obviously lacks knowledge.
[/quote]

Me not wrong - this has to be a first - just ask my wife!!!  HA!!! 

[quote name="True Blue" post="814351" timestamp="1277342586"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=70622.msg814212#msg814212 date=1277297531]
[/quote] No he did not hurt it that bad I think it scared him more than anything. He is at camps the next 3 weeks, SFA, Texasprep, and Im not sure were in week3 .But he should be there tomorrow night in Kountze.[b] And the real reason I have picked WOS so high I might know who their next coach is going to be[/b]. Cant say for sure but if the rummer is true they will be better than some people ( Aggie) thinks.
[/quote]

A new coach can make a difference, but sometimes that difference is not good. But, regardless of who the coach might be, WOS lost too much to contend for the district title. They could get 3rd agian.

BTW, Silsbee's JV dominated WOS's JV last year, winning both games by an average of 22 points. ;)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="815296" timestamp="1277853924"]
Never the less HJ will be solid again, barring any injuries...Cant wait till the season starts and swag(Betrayed) will have to eat his words again.
[/quote]

Careful there, Poppa.  YOu might get your post erased for addressing swag/betrayed

[quote name="stevenash" post="815300" timestamp="1277857887"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=70622.msg815296#msg815296 date=1277853924]
Never the less HJ will be solid again, barring any injuries...Cant wait till the season starts and swag(Betrayed) will have to eat his words again.
[/quote]

Careful there, Poppa.  YOu might get your post erased for addressing swag/betrayed
[/quote]

oops...

1.HJ/Silsbee-These 2 will play a tie breaker for seeding after splitting home and away.
3.WOS- A young energetic coach is dangerous with a stable full of Mustangs.
4.OF- Close but no cigar.
5.BC-May play spoiler for the third playoff spot.
6.HF-Bluedove endures another warm up year for the eventual state champs.

DC Stallworth will be my pre season pick to be the MVP.
Sutherland will be the OPY.

We will all get to go to Sam Houston again for a regional final to see which Hardin county club goes to Austin.Damn, I'm ready to get this started.

[quote name="whsalum" post="815835" timestamp="1278116398"]
1.HJ/Silsbee-These 2 will play a tie breaker for seeding after splitting home and away.

[b]We will all get to go to Sam Houston again for a regional final to see which Hardin county club goes to Austin.dang,[/b] I'm ready to get this started.
[/quote]

As hard as it is for me to say this, but I think Cleveland finally breaks through this year and wins the regional championship.

[quote name="whsalum" post="815835" timestamp="1278116398"]

We will all get to go to Sam Houston again for a regional final to see which Hardin county club goes to Austin.dang, I'm ready to get this started.
[/quote]Pretty good pick but who wins the tie breaker?? As a fan I would like to see a three team split that way we get to watch 2 more great games ;D :D :o

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="815848" timestamp="1278117861"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=70622.msg815835#msg815835 date=1278116398]

[b]We will all get to go to Sam Houston again for a regional final to see which Hardin county club goes to Austin.dang,[/b] I'm ready to get this started.
[/quote]

As hard as it is for me to say this, but I think Cleveland finally breaks through this year and wins the regional championship.
[/quote]They may be the most talented but they consistantly get beat on the bench.I don't see that changing.They are going to be extremely talented, no one can question that.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="815848" timestamp="1278117861"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=70622.msg815835#msg815835 date=1278116398]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shame on you!!!

[quote name="mfd814" post="815933" timestamp="1278147831"]
I've watched Cleveland play in summer league. Very talented group across the board.  Not alot of defense, but could be its just summer league.  They have size, are quick, great outside shooting. 
[/quote]    Yes, basically the same team that HJ had NO CHANCE against in last years playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83