DCTF's Predictions for 20-4A (Are you sittin' down, Soulja?)

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="812810" timestamp="1276625978"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=70516.msg812702#msg812702 date=1276612061]
What has your friend told you and is he close to the team?
[/quote]

Some people on here know who I am and will give me some flack if I put up what everyone is talking about.  ::) I'll PM you.
[/quote]
I'd like to hear the scuttlebutt too if you have time for a PM.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SgtRey" post="812745" timestamp="1276619536"]
1. BMT Central - Playing their big [s]brother[/s] [b]Sister[/b] helps....

2. PNG - No Refs saving you all this year....

3. LCM - Yes...that's right...Reyes' cousin Gonzales storms in as a sleeper!!!( Thanks to Mark Sanchez, the Latino QB's Stock has gone up!!!! :D :D :D)

4. Ned - No controversy, just us making drama....once the game starts, you can't read comments!!!

Does it really matter after the 4th spot?
[/quote]That's better since 'Brook' is a girl's name... :D :D

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="812810" timestamp="1276625978"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=70516.msg812702#msg812702 date=1276612061]
What has your friend told you and is he close to the team?
[/quote]

Some people on here know who I am and will give me some flack if I put up what everyone is talking about.  ::) I'll PM you.
[/quote]

10-4 ;)

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="812584" timestamp="1276567880"]
I talked to a friend of mine the other day who had talked to one of our main players coming back. He sounded pretty disappointed. I guess if what he was told by the kid was right you can go ahead and put Vidor in the No. 8 spot.  :-[
[/quote]

Was this person any type of asset to the team last year?
Because I am close with most of the team, and personally know the few returning starers... Although I am fully aware of our losses, I am still optimistic about this upcoming season as are many of the players that were with varsity all last year.
I am not going to call anyone out on their beliefs but you really shouldn't play if you don't believe there is any chance, much less hope, of success.

[quote name="bigdog" post="812983" timestamp="1276646695"]
Well, you can't use the "no respect" motivation this year, soulja. :)
[/quote]Sure can't, man.  You are absolutely right.  I just hope my Jags can hold up their end since now we're not in that 'underdog' roll...

[quote name="vp13" post="812979" timestamp="1276644941"]
Because I am close with most of the team, and personally know the few returning starers... Although I am fully aware of our losses, I am still optimistic about this upcoming season as are many of the players that were with varsity all last year.
I am not going to call anyone out on their beliefs but you really shouldn't play if you don't believe there is any chance, much less hope, of success.

[/quote]
vp13, I hope to God you guys can prove what I'm hearing, repeated every time football comes up in discussion, wrong. Good luck and train well.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="812736" timestamp="1276618313"]
1.  Beaumont Central (Lot of good pieces here.  Young gun QB and D. Heard who averaged 9.5 yards per carry last year.  Not to mention we will have a good defense as usual.)

2.  Port Neches Groves (They are the champs with a great system in place will come down to the last game of the season)

3. Little Cypress - Mariceville ( Gonzalez is back and another year under Coach Crouch's system.  Also, the hotshot all district reciever comes back)

4. Beaumont Ozen ( Been hearing rumblings in the street that Ozen will do their thing this year)

5. Nederland ( May do better if they can get their QB situation under control)

6. Livingston ( Seems like the talent well maybe down over there)

7. Vidor (Best chance of success was last year.  Now, I just dont know)

8. Lumberton (back to you 'normal')
[/quote]

ohh come on soulja.. no love for the dogs this season? after all the injuries last season we still made it to the playoffs.. as far as our QB situation being 'under control'.. i love the fact that we have two, maybe three Qbs competing for the job.. they are all different qb's which means Barrow (OC) can really open up that playbook and use several packages.. cant see LCM getting in there before Nederland, but then again I am biased  :D 

as far as me ranking them second to last, its not that i dont think they are talented, but ive been hearing they are going to have some problems in the trenches.. and folks, whether we want to admit it or not, the trenches are where games are won.. you can have the most talented backs or receivers, but if they cant open up holes or protect the QB, you are looking at big problems.. but at any rate I do wish all the teams the best of luck and to stay healthy.. I like playing other teams when they are healthy..

Well, it's not about 'the love' for Nederland Football, but rather how I'll think it'll pan out.  I am aware of your injury situation last year.  But I think that was a blessing for you guys.  I think the kid that ended up playing close to the end of the season should have been starting the whole season.  But then again, that's my opinion.  With that being said, you barely made the playoffs.  It will be a tossup between Ozen and you guys for 4th...
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="813064" timestamp="1276689887"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70516.msg812736#msg812736 date=1276618313]
1.  Beaumont Central (Lot of good pieces here.  Young gun QB and D. Heard who averaged 9.5 yards per carry last year.  Not to mention we will have a good defense as usual.)

2.  Port Neches Groves (They are the champs with a great system in place will come down to the last game of the season)

3. Little Cypress - Mariceville ( Gonzalez is back and another year under Coach Crouch's system.  Also, the hotshot all district reciever comes back)

4. Beaumont Ozen ( Been hearing rumblings in the street that Ozen will do their thing this year)

[/quote]

ohh come on soulja.. no love for the dogs this season? after all the injuries last season we still made it to the playoffs.. as far as our QB situation being 'under control'.. i love the fact that we have two, maybe three Qbs competing for the job.. they are all different qb's which means Barrow (OC) can really open up that playbook and use several packages.. cant see LCM getting in there before Nederland, but then again I am biased  :D   

as far as me ranking them second to last, its not that i dont think they are talented, but ive been hearing they are going to have some problems in the trenches.. and folks, whether we want to admit it or not, the trenches are where games are won.. you can have the most talented backs or receivers, but if they cant open up holes or protect the QB, you are looking at big problems.. but at any rate I do wish all the teams the best of luck and to stay healthy.. I like playing other teams when they are healthy..
[/quote]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="813076" timestamp="1276695624"]
Well, it's not about 'the love' for Nederland Football, but rather how I'll think it'll pan out.  I am aware of your injury situation last year.  But I think that was a blessing for you guys. [b] I think the kid that ended up playing close to the end of the season should have been starting the whole season. [/b]  But then again, that's my opinion.  With that being said, you barely made the playoffs.  It will be a tossup between Ozen and you guys for 4th...
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=70516.msg813064#msg813064 date=1276689887]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Start over Kirby Bellow?  No way

Sorry bout that...  Not over Bellow, but the other Kid.  Smith...[quote name="19bulldog88" post="813078" timestamp="1276697268"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70516.msg813076#msg813076 date=1276695624]
Well, it's not about 'the love' for Nederland Football, but rather how I'll think it'll pan out.  I am aware of your injury situation last year.  But I think that was a blessing for you guys. [b] I think the kid that ended up playing close to the end of the season should have been starting the whole season. [/b]  But then again, that's my opinion.  With that being said, you barely made the playoffs.  It will be a tossup between Ozen and you guys for 4th...

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="813082" timestamp="1276697807"]
Sorry bout that...  Not over Bellow, but the other Kid.  Smith...[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=70516.msg813078#msg813078 date=1276697268]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70516.msg813076#msg813076 date=1276695624]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kind of thought you might have forgotten about that.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="813082" timestamp="1276697807"]
as far as me ranking them second to last, its not that i dont think they are talented, but ive been hearing they are going to have some problems in the trenches.. and folks, whether we want to admit it or not, the trenches are where games are won.. you can have the most talented backs or receivers, but if they cant open up holes or protect the QB, you are looking at big problems.. 
[/quote]

Oh, and about the problems in the trenches, LCM returns 2 of the 5 starters.  Ask Central-just because we are losing 3 out of 5 doesn't mean that the o-line won't be better this year than last year.  Last year's o-line was certainly better than 2008's o-line, and only returned 1 starter.  And don't forget, Coach Crouch was an all-american offensive lineman at ULL (I believe it was ULL).  I'm sure the o-line was a focal point in this year's preperation.  And rumor has it that Cameron Allen, who I believed started at some point for WO-S last year, will be transferring

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="813129" timestamp="1276711607"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70516.msg813082#msg813082 date=1276697807]
as far as me ranking them second to last, its not that i dont think they are talented, but ive been hearing they are going to have some problems in the trenches.. and folks, whether we want to admit it or not, the trenches are where games are won.. you can have the most talented backs or receivers, but if they cant open up holes or protect the QB, you are looking at big problems.. 
[/quote]

Oh, and about the problems in the trenches, LCM returns 2 of the 5 starters.  Ask Central-just because we are losing 3 out of 5 doesn't mean that the o-line won't be better this year than last year.  Last year's o-line was certainly better than 2008's o-line, and only returned 1 starter.  And don't forget, Coach Crouch was an all-american offensive lineman at ULL (I believe it was ULL).  I'm sure the o-line was a focal point in this year's preperation.  And rumor has it that Cameron Allen, who I believed started at some point for WO-S last year, will be transferring
[/quote]I never said that...

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="813045" timestamp="1276658708"]
[quote author=vp13 link=topic=70516.msg812979#msg812979 date=1276644941]

[/quote]
vp13, I hope to God you guys can prove what I'm hearing, repeated every time football comes up in discussion, wrong. Good luck and train well.
[/quote]

I've been hearing things also, but that doesn't really matter. We are always in the mix of things and we always bump someone out of a playoff spot.  We have a great coach with a bunch of great kids that have a lot of class.  We have come a long way since Matthews came along; yes, it is fun to win and make it to the playoffs, but when we do lose...it's fun to see the respect you guys give to the opposing team and their coaches.  You are a CLASS ACT win or lose, on and off the field.  Good luck PIRATES!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="812913" timestamp="1276632387"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=70516.msg812745#msg812745 date=1276619536]
1. BMT Central - Playing their big [s]brother[/s] [b]Sister[/b] helps....

2. PNG - No Refs saving you all this year....

3. LCM - Yes...that's right...Reyes' cousin Gonzales storms in as a sleeper!!!( Thanks to Mark Sanchez, the Latino QB's Stock has gone up!!!! :D :D :D)

4. Ned - No controversy, just us making drama....once the game starts, you can't read comments!!!

Does it really matter after the 4th spot?
[/quote]That's better since 'Brook' is a girl's name... :D :D
[/quote]
Alright now Central Medical Magnetic Nurses

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="813089" timestamp="1276700064"]
They relatively easily made the playoffs. We were the 3 seed and [b]I don't think would have lost to Ozen if we would have played them a week later and allowed Dionte to get some practice time in. [/b]
[/quote]
making excuses 9 months after the game, dang get over it  :P  :D

Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="812424" timestamp="1276540621"]
1.  Beaumont Central (DI)
2.  Port Neches-Groves (DII)
3.  Nederland (DI)
4.  Lumberton (DII)
5.  Little Cypress-Mauriceville
6.  Livingston
[color=red]7.  Vidor[/color]
8.  Beaumont Ozen