Beaumont Stadium Updates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to ruffle anybody's feathers, but I talked to a person who worked on the stadium job for the electrical contractor thats performing the electrical work.....anyway, he didn't seem to think that the stadium would be completed by the projected date. In fact, "there's no way it will be dont by the 20th of August" were his exact words. I dont want this to be true, but I would prepare yourselves to play the first few games at either Zaharius or Durley. In addition to all the rain that we've gotten over the last few weeks, that will surely slow down progress. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, and that the information I've been given is inaccurate, cause I would love to play Ozen in the first game in the new digs. But it aint lookin' good gang! WBbear, what have you heard?

Guest Dwight
[quote name="kicker" post="818072" timestamp="1279122641"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=70357.msg814798#msg814798 date=1277609931]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=70357.msg812585#msg812585 date=1276567966]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=70357.msg811404#msg811404 date=1276219432]
I refuse to refer to that stadium by the name it was given. I'll call it BISD Stadium until the 2012 school board election rolls around and some changes are made in upper management.
[/quote]

Changing the name won't matter because nobody in the modern history of BISD ever took on such a rebuilding project of the district.  You WestEndCryBabies will know the name of Butch and like it lol......

Waiting til 2012.  That's ridiculous.....
[/quote]

without the WestEndCryBabies...Bisd would be bankrupt -AGAIN- and playing where?  royal purple stadium?
[b][/b][/quote]

Wait for 2012? That year might be the end of all football. And humanity for that matter. Atleast thats what the [b]Mayans and hollywood [/b] have to say. lol ;D
[/quote]and nostrodamus.....lol

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="821305" timestamp="1280283823"]
Not to ruffle anybody's feathers, but I talked to a person who worked on the stadium job for the electrical contractor thats performing the electrical work.....anyway, he didn't seem to think that the stadium would be completed by the projected date. In fact, "there's no way it will be dont by the 20th of August" were his exact words. I dont want this to be true, but I would prepare yourselves to play the first few games at either Zaharius or Durley. In addition to all the rain that we've gotten over the last few weeks, that will surely slow down progress. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, and that the information I've been given is inaccurate, cause I would love to play Ozen in the first game in the new digs. But it aint lookin' good gang! WBbear, what have you heard?
[/quote]

82'  I told my wife a month and a half ago (BEFORE the soil problems) that, after driving by the stadium, there would be no way to "complete" it by the 1st game.  The turf [i]may[/i] be done to the point that a game could be played, but the entire facility has a ways to go.  However, after those soil issues, I'm not too sure about the turf now.

I hope it's complete.  I'm anxious to see it.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="D3zii" post="824914" timestamp="1281633960"]
Heard The Rubber is being laid Down now, and the Turf was going to be put down this Weekend..
Does anyone know if these is true?
[/quote]
They are going to water it and cut it on Monday.... :o... :D

[quote name="sig220" post="824978" timestamp="1281648477"]
There is a big "opening gala" planned for August 26th.  Hopefully after that the "butching" about the name will stop and the playing will begin.
[/quote]For real, Right? I had to give you a few applause points for that! 8)

i was working out there today and the rubber is down but i didnt see any turf being layed this morning the turf at lamar wasn't finshed sunday and they have been working on that for awhile and its the same company out at the complex so i dont see it being finished in time

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="826032" timestamp="1281981474"]
Currently there are 3 Beaumont teams that are undefeated in this stadium
Soon there will be two...  then  only one
Is it the Panther The Jaguar or the Bear?
The preperations for this has begun   ;)
[/quote]

Lol, I love the story of the Panther, The Jaguar, and The Bear..

[quote name="D3zii" post="826047" timestamp="1281984147"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=70357.msg826032#msg826032 date=1281981474]
Soon there will be two...  then  only one
The preperations for this has begun   ;)
[/quote]

Lol, I love the story of the Panther, The Jaguar, and The Bear..

[/quote]
Cool--stay tuned and you can help with this years version.
3 teams  one home.
Who sleeps in the master.... and who has to roam.   ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="826119" timestamp="1281997468"]
Do your thing , weedbegone.. I found it very entertaining!!  But I will retaliate if you make fun of our boys too much!   ;D ;D
[/quote]
Don't look to retaliate too hard...you may get "ear holed"... ;)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="826032" timestamp="1281981474"]
Soon there will be two...  then  only one
The preperations for this has begun   ;)
[/quote]

And then possibly none?

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="826207" timestamp="1282011224"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=70357.msg826032#msg826032 date=1281981474]
Soon there will be two...  then  only one
The preperations for this has begun   ;)

/quote]

And then possibly none?
[/quote]

Dis post got me a  singin ......1 little 2 little 3 little indians  4.....5.....6..... you know the rest.    ::)

Anyway, Soulja--- nice little Jag Jab but beware, you may not know where i am coming from.....stay tuned, Ima working on it and you guys can chime in because its gonna be ALL of our house and ours to care for.... and it  aint for nobody else..... cause this is the year that Beaumont will become hostile territory for those who dare to enter..... and before you smart outsiders start posting...... i am talking bout football not Walmart.  ROFLMAOLTIWMP

Oh I forgot
10 little 9 little 8 little indians

10 little 9 little 8 little indians

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12