**PN-G vs. Galena Park playoff Series Updates..INDIANS ADVANCE!!!**

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="798390" timestamp="1273153055"]
I'm also confused why Coach Stone decided to pitch little Stone. Sweet is the best pitcher on that team by far IMO. Reyenga is clearly the number 2. Whatever Coach Stone was thinking, it sure backfired...
[/quote]You sure???????

[quote name="TEL" post="798309" timestamp="1273115372"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=69415.msg798299#msg798299 date=1273113476]
It's a 2 out 3 series, don't count the Indians out.
[/quote]
Don't count on GP to roll over for the "MIGHTY 20/4A" either.
[/quote]

I believe they did and effectively muted the noise from over there!!

[quote name="mustang32" post="798466" timestamp="1273165967"]
[quote author=games24x7 link=topic=69415.msg798450#msg798450 date=1273163254]
Don't look for PNG to just hand the game over to you next time either. I believe we had 7 errors and gave up one earned run. I look for 2 lopsided games on Friday with PNG advancing to the next round. I'd win the series before getting too happy. We've been here before!
[/quote]

Dont count on that lopsided game
GP is scrappy it should be a closer scored game but if you make errors you will pay
194A keeps rollin
GP 5  PNG  3
See ya
[/quote]

How about 2 lopsided games - wow! Way to wake up the bats PNG - one of my favorite teams! See ya!

Indians hurdle Yellow Jackets, 29-5

Cody Pastorella The Port Arthur News

BAYTOWN — BAYTOWN -- Galena Park had to have entered Friday's Game 2 feeling pretty good about itself after beating the Port Neches-Groves Indians baseball team 11-4 in Game 1 on Wednesday. But PN-G's Amir Jalali put those good feelings to bed with a lead-off home run in the first inning of Game 2. He and the Tribe went on to claim a 14-1 victory in that matchup to force a third game of their best-of-three series for the bi-district round of the Class 4A state tournament.

Game 3 started out a bit closer but in the end, PN-G hung a 15-4 spot on the Yellow Jackets to advance to the area round of the playoffs where it will face either San Marcos or Waller.

With Friday's results, the Indians overall record goes to 20-9.

PN-G manager Jay Stone was rather pleased with the way his team bounced back from such a horrible Wednesday night.

"I thought we had our best practice of the season on Thursday," said Stone. "And I feel like that carried over to today. You really have to credit the kids though. It was up to them to put Wednesday behind them and they did that."

While throwing less than 60 pitches over five innings in Game 2, Chris Sweetenham took the mound again to start Game 3. The senior right-hander held the Yellow Jackets to one run on five hits in earning his ninth win of the season (9-2) in Friday's first game.

Stone said he allowed Sweetenham to start Game 3 when he asked to keep going.

After GP tagged him for four runs on five hits in the bottom of the first to take a 4-2 lead, Sweetenham's great day was turned over to Blake Reyenga, who did not allow a hit or a run in his five innings of relief work. PN-G needed just 11 columns to put away the Yellow Jackets with a total difference of 29 runs to five. The Indians outhit GP 32-10 on the day, as they dumped 16 hits on the opposition in each game. They batted around twice in Game 2 and once in Game 3.

When junior catcher Brandon Provost's spot in the lineup crossed home in the sixth inning of the final game, every position in PN-G's lineup had touched the plate at least once on Friday. Provost was 4-for-5 with four runs-batted-in and successfully laid down three sacrifice bunts.

As impressive as his day was, however, it was not quite the best performance from the Tribe's lineup, which had at least one hit from 18 of their 19 batters.

The most outstanding Indian effort came from Jalali, who was a triple and double shy of hitting for the cycle twice on Friday. Jalali went 7-for-9 with a walk over the two contests. He stole three bases, scored seven times and had five RBIs. He was 4-for-4 with a double and a triple in Game 3. He jacked home runs in his first two at-bats of Game 2. The second was a two-run job in the second frame that lifted the Indians advantage to 4-0. They tallied seven runs in that inning and claimed all 14 of their runs before the Yellow Jackets got their one in the fifth.

In Game 3, Jalali singled in Hunter Denzlinger to cut the Tribe's 4-2 deficit to 4-3. That single moved Collin Gizzy to third, who tied the game at 4-4 after he was sent home on a balk.

Then Austin Stone singled in Jalali to give PN-G a 5-4 edge.

Spencer DeRon drove in Zach Rhame and Stone, 4-for-8 with a walk, four RBIs and four runs scored on the day, to up his team's lead to 8-4 going into the bottom of the second.

Nipping at Jalali's heels for player-of-the-day was Gizzi, who went 4-for-4 with three doubles, two RBIs and three runs scored in Friday's first game. He touched home three more times while going 2-for-3 with a triple in Game 3.

"I really liked all the extra base hits (nine) we had," Stone expressed. "That's always great to see and hopefully it's something that will continue."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476