Yates Update

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="796194" timestamp="1272642202"]
"Wise is and has always been a top recruiter and a top coach."

[hr]

....And to say Bellaire HS had WAY more talent than the Yates club...well that's an opinion probably only you share.  
[/quote] Then  I say AGAIN: name a rating service that says Yates talent this yr was higher rated than Bellaire's. There are none. I don't understand why y'all keep making factual errors. Just say you don't like Wise and stop the falsehoods. It makes you look uninformed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="team first" post="796215" timestamp="1272645111"]
...But I keep saying to myself, wow I sure would have liked to have seen that Bellaire team this year..Wayyyyyyyyyy more talent, wow, hard to believe, I guess the Bush team that beat them must have been a college level or maybe a juco playing in the high school playoffs. Why, because Wise did not coach at Bush, and that guy can really coach..I saw Bush play in Austin and thought they were pretty good, but didnt have Yates type talent. Maybe the guy at Bush needs some props. Bellaire had Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more talent?????????????Fact is not many have 3 D-1 players and 2 or 3 more who will most likely end up there...
[/quote] Perhaps if you HAD seen Bellaire play mulitple times, as many of us have, you'd have a different opinion....as do all the rating services. Perhaps that unfamiliarity is the source of your errors. And yes, Bush's coach has a couple of rings from his Willowridge-TJ Ford-Ewing-recruiting days (TJ Ford did not live anywhere near Willowridge) as well as being a VERY GOOD coach AND recruiter. Ft Bend ISD is rife with it.

[quote name="homeless" post="796136" timestamp="1272633940"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=68740.msg795897#msg795897 date=1272565622]
.....You didnt answer the question about the Yates J.V. kids, are we going to see any of them next year, or is the recruiting class too strong. And if thats the case how should those J.V. kids feel about that????
[/quote] I don't know anything about Yates JV kids --  do you? -- and only hear speculation about transfers/recruits to Yates next year. I would not be surprised at all if there are some transfers to Yates next year. Wise is and has always been a top recruiter and a top coach. I've stated both multiple times on these forums. JV kids will be very disappointed if that happens. Therefore......what?
[/quote]

LMAO!

If Wise was so "big time" maybe he should accept a college job.  Only HISD was allow the trash that goes on to go on.  Yates in their eyes, and obviously in your eyes is the shining beckon for Houston ISD, and hell or high water they will make sure they have the weapons on campus in  2010 to keep their success going. 

Wise is a joke, and if he has to rely on JV kids to keep from getting beat down next year, you and all of Houston will realize he got by on his AAU select team talent, not his coaching ability.  I suspect Wise knows he's been blessed with great talent and a weak administration, and he will continue to bring in elite HISD talent to supplement what he lost to hide the fact he's a good coach, not great.  Yates is a dump, Wise is a prick and unless they cherry pick HISD's best BB talent they will get what they deserve next year.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="792343" timestamp="1271780770"]
Coach Wise probably didn't have to speak a word to them...success speaks for itself
[/quote] You are wrong about that.If u could get on the TABC web site.For coaching only.The talk is about Wise talking to player out of other school dist.To come to HISD School dist. To dinner and there mother to.Trying to get the kid to come to JY Watch out WISE for the UIL.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="796461" timestamp="1272677811"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=68740.msg792343#msg792343 date=1271780770]
Coach Wise probably didn't have to speak a word to them...success speaks for itself
[/quote] You are wrong about that.If u could get on the TABC web site.For coaching only.The talk is about Wise talking to player out of other school dist.To come to HISD School dist. To dinner and there mother to.Trying to get the kid to come to JY Watch out WISE for the UIL.
[/quote]

It's not Wise to base your opinion on the sheer speculation of jealous coaches.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="796194" timestamp="1272642202"]
"Wise is and has always been a top recruiter and a top coach."

[hr]

One of those is a good thing, and the other is illegal.[/quote] Then you obviously are not familiar with what's been going on in Westfield HS under the old regime, most of South Dallas for YEARS, Ft Bend ISD for nearly a decade, and more recently Killeen/Austin. We are all welcome to make judgements about the recruiting, whether or not it violates UIL rules. If all y'all had stopped there, all y'all's credibility would have been intact. But drinking the hater-aid morphed into the loopy notions that anybody could've coached Yates to the stupendous success they achieved or that Yates doesn't play team ball. Those silly ideas destroyed all y'all's credibility.  Then the no-class name-calling by one of y'all, well, that speaks for itself and shows where y'all are coming from. By the way, I'm glad to see no one is still on that Yates-doesn't-play-team-ball sillyness anymore. That fallacy is beneath anyone who knows anything about hoops.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="796518" timestamp="1272682174"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=68740.msg796461#msg796461 date=1272677811]
[/quote]

[/quote] What coaches would be jealous off Wise.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="796650" timestamp="1272722623"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=68740.msg796518#msg796518 date=1272682174]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=68740.msg796461#msg796461 date=1272677811]
[/quote]

[/quote] What coaches would be jealous off Wise.
[/quote]

He's been the most successful coach in the country for two years there's plenty who'd like to be in his shoes

Homeless, why do you keep saying "y'all?"  Are you lumping me in with what others have posted?  Are we, the posters who disagree with something you say, just one entity to you?  That sounds a little racist to me.  You wouldn't want that to happen to you right?  Someone calls Wise a derogatory name, and you say y'all like I was a part of it.  Don't be that ignorant. 

Also, actively recruiting a kid to your school for athletic purposes IS a violation of UIL rules.  There is no debate about that. 

Lastly, by implying that other schools recruit does not absolve Wise from any wrong doing.  "Well little Johnny did it, so why can't I?"  That's the argument of a 3 yr. old.  Bring something better to the table than that. 

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="796737" timestamp="1272742686"]
Homeless, why do you keep saying "y'all?"  Are you lumping me in with what others have posted?  Are we, the posters who disagree with something you say, just one entity to you?  That sounds a little racist to me....
[/quote] I know I've won the argument when you resort to the race card. What race do you think I am? I don't know what any of Y'ALL are. In fact that didn't ever occur to me. Why did it occur to you?

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="796737" timestamp="1272742686"]
Homeless, why do you keep saying "y'all?"  Are you lumping me in with what others have posted?  Are we, the posters who disagree with something you say, just one entity to you?  [/quote]
That was for efficiency in replying to like-minded posters. So do you believe Yates doesn't play team ball? Do you believe Yates has so much talent that a mediocre coach can achieve what they have achieved? Those 2 assertions are why I jumped into the fray. I can certainly understand why you would want to separate yourself from those loopy notions.

You called Wise a great coach AND RECRUITER.  I responded to the 2nd part of that statement in which he is violating UIL rules.  You think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I don't think he is bad.  I just don't hold him in near as high regard as you do.  It's hard to root for people who circumvent the rules. 

[hr]
"So do you believe Yates doesn't play team ball? Do you believe Yates has so much talent that a mediocre coach can achieve what they have achieved?"
[hr]

When did I say any of this?  Once again you have juvenile arguments.  Because I don't believe he is as great as you proclaim, does not mean I think he is mediocre or that this year's Yates team did not play team ball.  This is like arguing with a child.  Good night homeless.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="796865" timestamp="1272767545"]
Homeless, I see you didn't respond to any part of my post.  Very "Wise" of you.  
[/quote] Perhaps you overlooked them: see number 35 and 36......and you're going to reply to #35 -- the subject you brought up out of left field -- aren't you?

[quote name="homeless" post="796625" timestamp="1272704772"]
[quote author=Tejas link=topic=68740.msg796377#msg796377 date=1272668950]
....Yates is a dump, Wise is a prick.....
[/quote]

classy post. Hope you're proud of that.
[/quote]

The truth hurts.  Do you expect me to say that Yates is a beautiful campus, where academics is the first priority.  Do you want me to say that Wise is classy, and a top tier coach. 

Get over the fact the Yates is a ghetto dump, and Wise is a first class prick from A to Z.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="796916" timestamp="1272784549"]
Hey homeless, Let me get this straight. You think Bellaire has more talent than Yates? Want to explain?
[/quote] Check any rating service. The talent on Bellaire this year was huge. That's one reason they were on track to a wire-to-wire 5A #1 in state ranking by nearly everyone who rates these things. No need to believe me, just do as I suggested in multiple prior -- and ignored except for name-calling -- posts: Check what the rating services say.......by the way, don't you think AcesFull or Tejas or one of the others would've looked it up by now and proved me wrong.......if I were wrong.

[quote name="Tejas" post="796932" timestamp="1272804989"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=68740.msg796625#msg796625 date=1272704772]
[quote author=Tejas link=topic=68740.msg796377#msg796377 date=1272668950]
....Yates is a dump, Wise is a prick.....
[/quote]

classy post. Hope you're proud of that.
[/quote]

The truth hurts.[b][u]  Do you expect me to say[/u][/b] that Yates is a beautiful campus, where academics is the first priority.  Do you want me to say that Wise is classy, and a top tier coach. 

Get over the fact the Yates is a ghetto dump, and Wise is a first class prick from A to Z. (emphasis added)
[/quote] [b][u]I expect[/u][/b] each poster to reveal a little about themselves. You did a fine job.

Actually homeless most intelligent people that make a disputed claim usually back it up with facts.  Although rating services are opinions, just like yours and mine, why don't you go ahead and post a link that claims Bellaire had WAY more talent than Yates this past season.  When YOU make the claim, it is your responsibility to back it up.  Where is your proof?  Go ahead and post your link.  In the meantime, I think I will try and get something productive done today.  Good luck homeless. 

[quote name="homeless" post="796935" timestamp="1272805492"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=68740.msg796916#msg796916 date=1272784549]
Hey homeless, Let me get this straight. You think Bellaire has more talent than Yates? Want to explain?
[/quote] Check any rating service. The talent on Bellaire this year was huge. That's one reason they were on track to a wire-to-wire 5A #1 in state ranking by nearly everyone who rates these things. No need to believe me, just do as I suggested in multiple prior -- and ignored except for name-calling -- posts: Check what the rating services say.......by the way, don't you think AcesFull or Tejas or one of the others would've looked it up by now and proved me wrong.......if I were wrong.
[/quote]

I don't know which rating service you were checking but I'm sure ESPN put Yates at #1.. I think that's the one that matters.. Yates had an unbeilveable press that could have and would have dismantled any high school basketball team, especially Bellaire that year.. Bellaire did not have more talent than Yates.. That is a fact.. Give that argument a rest.. Please.

Nobody could have coached that talent less team at Yates like Wise did. ( I know about 10 who could)
Recruiting in High School is okay because others do it. ( Win at all cost, What a life lesson!)
Running the score up on other teams shows class ( Other teams, who cares?)
Building a program is a thing of the past ( Who cares about the J.V. kids, have you seen the AAU circuit, full of talent! )
And last but not least the Diamond Press, when ran as a team shows great team basketball. ( Athletes not needed.. steal, 3 on 1 Alley OOOP or deep 3....... uhhh," WOW THESE GUYS ARE REALLY PLAYING SOME GOOD TEAM BALL, THEY'RE DOING IT JUST LIKE WE'VE BEEN PRACTICING IT."  UHH, COACH THEY'VE ONLY BEEN HERE FOR 2 MONTHS!!!!

nOW THAT'S A GOOD ONE.....bUT ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE,  Coach Wise at Houston Yates is most likely a very good coach. Talent helps now. My question is, does Yates overall care about doing things right, or just winning? The programs that win and play by the rules get the most respect, period. The longevity of a good program is based on this particular idea. ( Duke, Kansas, Carolina, Etc.) It will be very interesting to see their roster next year. Ethics go alot farther in life than just winning basketball games. DONE!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami