***Setxsports Top 10 Baseball 4-4-10 ***

[center][IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4363/forumbannerl.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][size=14pt][b][i]SETXSPORTS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL TOP 10[/i][/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12pt][b][i]WEEK OF APRIL 4, 2010[/i][/b][/size][/center]

[center][table]
[tr][td][b]Rank[/td][td][b]     Team (FP Votes)[/td][td][b]     Points[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]1.[/td][td]     Jasper (5)[/td][td]     65[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2.[/td][td]     Port Neches-Groves (2)[/td][td]     64[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3.[/td][td]     Nederland[/td][td]     57[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]4.[/td][td]     Orangefield[/td][td]     47[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]5.[/td][td]     Bridge City[/td][td]     43[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]6.[/td][td]     Vidor[/td][td]     29[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]7.[/td][td]     Little Cypress-Mauriceville[/td][td]     28[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]8.[/td][td]     Beaumont West Brook[/td][td]     24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]9.[/td][td]     Crosby[/td][td]     14[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]10.[/td][td]     West Orange-Stark[/td][td]     10[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Also receiving votes:  Huffman 4[/center]

i think some of the 1a and 2a schools should be considered. While they might be the Best is SETX, a teams like Evadale, Sabine Pass, and Chester are dominating their competetion.

Maybe have two polls...3a and up and 2a and down.

Might get a better representation. I agree with taking Huffman and Crosby out do to thier location.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="785898" timestamp="1270329608"]
If we take crosby and huffman out of the picture, what team would you consider a Top 10.
[/quote]

What part of Texas would you conbsider these two teams are in??? That means you take out all of 19 4A? Also Liberty, Hardin, Anauhac, etc...................Why don't you list all the teams that you [b]DO[/b] consider in SETX??

I also think it has to do with members of this forum as well. We have quite a few members from the 19-4A district like GCMPats and the whole Dayton crowd. So it makes sense to include them on the polls to keep their posts coming. Also I agree showing the small schools some love with a small school poll like the basketball forum. It only seems fair.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="785862" timestamp="1270312212"]
Why is Crosby even in this poll...I don't consider them SETX.
[/quote]

That's ridiculous you cant pick and choose where you would like the lines to be. You have to go by districts, otherwise you could have a team in your top 10 that doesn't even lead their own district. So take all of district 19 4A or take none of them.

Guest rambleonus
This is a losing argument. SETX incompasses the golden triangle per most of the folks on here. I still don't understand how they can include Livingston and Jasper and the other "southeast" teams that are basically east texas and not include the 19-4a teams that are closer distance wise.

[quote name="Gabe" post="787292" timestamp="1270655844"]
Jasper, Crosby and WOS all lose. BC-OF still to play on Friday. Lot of mixing up this week.

[/quote]

Yeah right! We'll see????? If Jasper moves down who moves up? How far does Jasper fall? The winner out of OF & BC do they move above Jasper, PNG, Nederland?? I guess we'll see.

[quote name="hardball" post="787172" timestamp="1270631779"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=68133.msg785862#msg785862 date=1270312212]
Why is Crosby even in this poll...I don't consider them SETX.
[/quote]

That's ridiculous you cant pick and choose where you would like the lines to be. You have to go by districts, otherwise you could have a team in your top 10 that doesn't even lead their own district. So take all of district 19 4A or take none of them.
[/quote]

Ok. Here is your "SETX" top ten:

1. Baytown Lee
2. Crosby
3. Carthage
4. Jasper
5. Baytown Sterling
6. Kingwood Park
7. Galena Park
8. Lufkin Hudson
9. GCM
10. Nederland (wait, No Nederalnd is out)
10. Lake Charles Barbe

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont