MUST READ!

why do you say that bronco? they might not be good at what they do' date=' but un sportsman like? how?[/quote']

I know that was a little harsh, Just referring to the home announcer at the JV game a few weeks ago. I have never heard an announcer cheer and taunt over the mic. I apologize for the rude comments earlier, uncalled for. Sorry.

It is called "home field" advantage. He tries to get the crowd involved. AND he even mispronounces some of our players names also so I don't think that has any impact on the game.

I've heard this announcer. He is one sided. UIL rules say' date='"The primary function of a school public address system is to convey pertinent information about the game. Announcers are not part of the cheering section. They [u']SHOULD (not shall) never incite the emotions of the spectators." I stress SHOULD because it is your home field and with class and respect of the visiting team and fans you should be able to interact with the crowd.

I've heard this announcer. He is one sided. UIL rules say' date='"The primary function of a school public address system is to convey pertinent information about the game. Announcers are not part of the cheering section. They [u']SHOULD (not shall) never incite the emotions of the spectators." I stress SHOULD because it is your home field and with class and respect of the visiting team and fans you should be able to interact with the crowd.

OMG!!!!!! Send a copy of that over to LCM QUICK!

That dude is like a Bears chearleader on there. "Another fine run by # so and so...A GREAT catch by so and so...another huge sack for the Bears defense...." This went on all night, not to mention the fact that they would play music over the P.A. very loud while our offense was calling signals (because there wasn't enough fans to make any real noise).

This guy could never be described as unbiased.

I understand the "home field advantage" concept, I'm fine with it, but this gy carries it way too far.

JMO

Guest GoStangs

The thing that's completely embarrassing is when he makes sarcastic comments through the game. Other than that, he just makes a lot of mistakes when he announces ball carriers, penalties, and so on.

A few weeks ago when BC's JV played in Lumberton the announcer cheered for the home team....would try and keep the home crowd stirred up....announce every "good" thing Lumberton did, but when BC had a good play, he would be silent...wouldn't say who did what or what the play even was. I don't recall an issue with calling kids' names wrong, but we all started noticing the one sided announcing. There are UIL rules about the announcers being neutral and that guy surely isn't.

The Kelly announcer....he was just kind of silly. He didn't announce a one sided game when we played them. He just would say silly things...silly words and he never stopped talking.

On the one sided announcing, in my opinion while it won't or shouldn't effect the outcome of a game, it does lend itself to ..........OK, I'm going to say it......sportsmanship. We try and teach the kids to respect the other team, we as fans are expected to respect the other teams fans, band, cheerleaders....etc. ........kind of hard when you have an adult with a microphone acting in an unprofessional manner.

The Lumberton announcer to me was annoying. He kept saying come on Raider fans we need to help the Raiders stop them here, all Raider fans on you feet let the Raiders know you are behind them, and hold the rope. It wasn't a big deal to me, actually it was funny the announcer having to tell the fans they needed to cheer. I also agree that it didn't show the greatest sportsmanship.

I agree..he would say "come on raidernation " get on your feet..

It was kinda sad that you have to tell your fans to get on there feet on 3rd down to hold the offense..

But he would do it all night..It didnt bother me because I only had to listen to it one night..But he shouldnt have to tell the fans to cheer..

and there is UIL rules against that..

I agree..he would say "come on raidernation " get on your feet..

It was kinda sad that you have to tell your fans to get on there feet on 3rd down to hold the offense..

But he would do it all night..It didnt bother me because I only had to listen to it one night..But he shouldnt have to tell the fans to cheer..

and there is UIL rules against that..

You said what I was trying to say at the beginning os this thread.

I have just never heard that before, ever.

Isnt the announcer from Lumberton a preacher? :? You guys are sounding more and more immature attacking the announcers.. Grow up already and for the sake of your children ----STOP EMBARRASING Them on these forums

:lol: We are just discussing a topic and no kids have been ridiculed by this thread. If you do not recognize what every other adult on this thread has recognize, well... :?

Isnt the announcer from Lumberton a preacher? :? You guys are sounding more and more immature attacking the announcers.. Grow up already and for the sake of your children ----STOP EMBARRASING Them on these forums
stop embarrassing who?? all we are discussing is an announcer who is probably embarrassing his children..there was never any names of a kid mentioned or anything..we are just quoting what HE said during the game..there are other announcers who they mentioned as well.And it dont matter if he is a preacher or not

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami