**All - Star Game, June 12, 2010 at PN-G..ROSTERS NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!**

The Southeast Texas Ford Dealers All-Star Classic will take place on June 12, 2010.  The Southeast Texas Coaches Association is putting this game together for all schools in Southeast Texas. There are several Ford Dealers in Southeast Texas that are going to be the Title sponsors for this contest.  I have personally worked to get this game for several years and I do appreciate the Ford dealers sponsoring this for us.  For years, I asked MANY local businesses and individuals if they would help put this on and finally this group of men agreed.  I am very grateful.  The process of putting this into place took a great deal of work on behalf of several coaches in the SETCA.  I will list these men at the end of the post. We are patterning our game after the All-Star Classic in West Texas.  Along with the game, we will also be raising money for the "Children's Miracle Network".  We will be asking for levels of Donations from individuals or businesses as soon as we have the news conference next week.  The game will be televised on Channel 4, KBTV.  James Ware and Chris Pruitt, the former manager of Channel 4, have been great in making this possible.  

The coaches set a certain process to come up with the players.  We first set the schools in place for an East team and a West team.  After that we sent letters to each coach of each school and they sent us a list of nominations.  We set a total number of players on each team at 38.  Then, we set an amount for each school.  We asked each school to send one more nomination than would be in the game but they specified what player they did want in the game.  We required a lineman, a skill player then an at-large player which could be either or a kicker or punter. In the process, we found that several schools chose not to send any nominations.  Because of this we were forced to add players from certain schools to make the numbers fit.

Origionally we had 47 schools that we asked to participate.  Because some schools chose not to participate we had to adjust the number of players each team has on the team.  Origionally we had 1 player from A, AA, and TAPPS schools, and 2 from AAA, AAAA, AAAAA schools.  Because of the schools not participating we adjusted. 

The schools on the origional list: East- Evadale, High Island, Burkeville, Sabine Pass, Warren, Deweyville, Woodville, Buna, Kirbyville, Silsbee, WO-S, Bridge City, Orangefield, Hardin-Jefferson, Hamshire-Fannett, Jasper, PN-G, Central, Vidor, Nederland, LC-M, Memorial, Legacy.  West - Colemesneil, Hull-Daisetta, West Hardin, Chester, East Chambers, Anahuac, Kountze, Newton, Cleveland, Coldspring, Sheppard, Huffman, Liberty, Splendora, Tarkington, Lumberton, Livingston, Crosby, Barber's Hill, Dayton, Ozen, West Brook, Kelly. 
These schools have chosen not to send players to the game:  East - High Island, Burkeville, Sabine Pass, Bridge City. West- Colemesneil, Hull-Daisetta, West Hardin, Chester, Sheppard, Huffman, Splendora and Livingston. 
Evadale will play on the West team because their coach was chosen to coach on the West team.  Newton was origionally on the East but the SETCA chose coach Hooks and Coach Barbay to coach the teams and their schools were both on the East.  Because Coach Barbay's sons were chosen to coach on the West team he went to the West along with Newton players.  I would like to say a special thanks to our All-Star committee as well as the SETCA President David Martel.  I will list our committee at a later time....I do want to thank all of the football fans in Southeast Texas for you support of High School football here in SE Texas.  Without you this game will not be a success, we will need you helpl.  Thands,  Mark Foreman, Vice President, SETCA

[quote name="wideveer" post="779390" timestamp="1269051142"]
For all you Grammer buffs, I tried to mend some of my mistakes but my technological skills are from the Dark AGES...please don't be too tough on me. I can't seem to find a spell check icon!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Foreman
[/quote]

Coach, it was fine!  Thanks for coming on and giving us more detail about this tradition in the making!  Also, thanks for your hard work in making this game, which is long overdue, a reality!

There are quite a few things that we will elaborate on later and give more details.  I have had a week long battle with my eye being cut working on my land last week and I am trying to recover.  I will have quite a bit more after the news conference.  It is going to be great.

To clarify a statement I made prior, of the schools "choosing" not to participate, Kountze and Bridge City did e-mail me that their nominees had declined the invitation.  I am assuming either that they would not be in town that week or perhaps they may be playing in the State baseball tournament.  Huffman, Splendora and Sheppard told us that they were not going to participate and the other schools never responded to any of our efforts to contact them.  Being that I was not at the last meeting in which we selected the rosters, Dayton failed to send any nominations so the SETCA selection committee decided to add players from other teams that had sent nominations.  So Dayton will not participate in the contest.  Next year our goal will to have all schools participate.  We are looking forward to producing a very competitive contest and I think we will have Southeast Texas well represented.  I am wanting to have at least 3 hororary captains for each team as well as an honorary coach for each team.  All of that will come later.  Southeast Texas has one of if not the most tradition rich regions in Texas it is time we showcase our talent. 

ALL-STAR ROSTERS    WEST: Anahuac: Thaddus Johnson, Braxton Mayes; Barber’s Hill: Matthew Viverette, Caleb Stork Chris Fechner; Cleveland: Jeremy Lowe, Chris Keyser, Doug Higginbotham; Coldspring: Chad Allen, Andrew Leigh, Otis Washington; Crosby: Dylan Judy, Michael Mangum, Cameron Trench, James Harris; East Chambers: Dylan Kramer, J.T. Hallmark; Hardin: Mitch Villemez; Lumberton: Sean Sparks, Jesse Sparks, Kyler Keith; Newton: Halston Flanigan, LaRay Alfred, Malcolm Mattox; Kelly: Chris Quinn, Collin Fournet; Tarkington: Shelby Cucco, Justin Lawrence; Liberty: DeJunge Robinson, Jeremy Dickey; West Brook: Dequenne Bennett, Josh Wilson, Roynald Allen, Broderick Jackson; Ozen: Ricky Francis, Jacoby Anderson, Pierre Harmon; Evadale: Shelby Stanley

EAST: Buna: Dakota Blessing; Central: Keith O’Neal, William Jones, Sterling Cantu; Deweyville: Keeton Addison; Hamshire-Fannett: Justin Skully, Casey Lowe; Hardin-Jefferson: Blake Venable, Jacoby Turner; Jasper: Sam Alvis, Cedric McGill, Tevin McBride; LC-M: Johnny Epps, Jeremy Chauvin; Kirbyville: Chris Ezidore, JaMichael Ervin; Nederland: Taylor Trahan, Grant Lovelady, Marcus Louviere; Orangefield: Corey Huckabay, Derek Evans; PN-G: Caleb Harmon, Klete Leblanc, Dre Dunbar; Memorial: Nate Davis, Eric Payne, Corvin Neal, Earl Hines; Silsbee: Chris Barnes, LeRoy Simmons; Vidor: Scott Utterback, Patton, James Burns; Warren: Dalton Edwards; Woodville: Calib Hadnot; West Orange-Stark: Justin Francis, Stephen Cook, Justin Sparrow

Good luck to all the kids.  I know ya'll will enjoy.  I would also like to tell my son Matt Lowe  good luck with college and you have made me so very proud.  You have showed a lot of heart,leadership and turned out to be a very good football player and a great young man

First to answer the "how were they chosen question":  After we received the nominations, each head coach and coordinators began to fit the personnel around their offense and defense.  We set the number of players from each school before we began.  For example, PN-G was to have 3 players chosen while Orangefield had two.  We took all the nominations and fit these into the offense and defense of each head coach.  For the West team with Newton running a RUN oriented offense there needed to be enough running backs where the WO-S offense needed more receivers.  I know that last week we didn't choose some running backs for the East because we needed more receivers.  I hope that answered the question. 
Second: I have not had contact with coach Barbay in a couple of days and I was not there Wednesday night so I can't give you the names of all the coaches for the West but this is what I know:  East:  Coach Hooks, Thompson, T. Foreman:WO-S, Mike Pierce:LC-M, W.T. Johnson: Kirbyville, Offensive Line Coach: PN-G, Ty Quick: Jasper, Verril Young: P.A. Memorial  West: Curtis Barbay, Newton Offensive and Defensive Coordinators, Bryan Barbay: Coldspring, Darrell Barbay: Anahuac, Assistants from: Evadale, Crosby and West Brook.  As soon as I get the names of the PN-G coach, Evadale, West Brook, Crosby coaches and Newton's Offensive and Defensive coordinators I will post them. 
Many questions will be answered at the News conference this next week and we will be going on Sports programs in the next few weeks to answer questions. Hopefully we can get invited on all three TV stations within the week and maybe some radio programs.  It will be exciting.  I do want to reiterate that I believe all of the young men chosen deserve this honor and unfortunately there may have been some left off that we just as deserving...hopefully we will make this thing better each year.  This is a learning year and we hope to build a tremendous tradition with it.

[quote name="wideveer" post="779901" timestamp="1269194293"]
First to answer the "how were they chosen question":  After we received the nominations, each head coach and coordinators began to fit the personnel around their offense and defense.  We set the number of players from each school before we began.  For example, PN-G was to have 3 players chosen while Orangefield had two.  We took all the nominations and fit these into the offense and defense of each head coach.  For the West team with Newton running a RUN oriented offense there needed to be enough running backs where the WO-S offense needed more receivers.  I know that last week we didn't choose some running backs for the East because we needed more receivers.  I hope that answered the question. 
Second: I have not had contact with coach Barbay in a couple of days and I was not there Wednesday night so I can't give you the names of all the coaches for the West but this is what I know:  East:  Coach Hooks, Thompson, T. Foreman:WO-S, Mike Pierce:LC-M, W.T. Johnson: Kirbyville, Offensive Line Coach: PN-G, Ty Quick: Jasper, Verril Young: P.A. Memorial  West: Curtis Barbay, Newton Offensive and Defensive Coordinators, Bryan Barbay: Coldspring, Darrell Barbay: Anahuac, Assistants from: Evadale, Crosby and West Brook.  As soon as I get the names of the PN-G coach, Evadale, West Brook, Crosby coaches and Newton's Offensive and Defensive coordinators I will post them. 
Many questions will be answered at the News conference this next week and we will be going on Sports programs in the next few weeks to answer questions. Hopefully we can get invited on all three TV stations within the week and maybe some radio programs.  It will be exciting.  I do want to reiterate that I believe all of the young men chosen deserve this honor and unfortunately there may have been some left off that we just as deserving...hopefully we will make this thing better each year.  This is a learning year and we hope to build a tremendous tradition with it.
[/quote]

Thanks, Coach Foreman.  We appreciate you giving us the scoop on this Inaugural Event!

Just wanted to say I love this All Star Game idea! I know all of the kids particpating will enjoy it ! I noticed that some of the kids on the teams have already signed to play football at colleges/universities.What are the NCAA rules on this ?

Can't wait to see this game ! Thanks to all who have put it together!

[i]......  Being that I was not at the last meeting in which we selected the rosters, [u]Dayton failed to send any nominations [/u] so the SETCA selection committee decided to add players from other teams that had sent nominations.  So Dayton will not participate in the contest.  Next year our goal will to have all schools participate.  [/i]

I think this is for seniors only.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics