who would you want lamar to go after???

not saying i want roc gone but if he were to leave then who would you want(be realistic)?im going with bob marlin.pay raise,facilities,fan support and a university committed to your program all would be something he would have to consider.he may be looking for a bigger pond but he cant do anymore in huntsville than he's done.proven college coach thats not to old.give him a 10,000 seat arena,conf leading attendance for cellar dwelling team and a nice raise and see what happens.

[quote name="lu cards" post="774604" timestamp="1268247575"]
not saying i want roc gone but if he were to leave then who would you want(be realistic)?im going with bob marlin.pay raise,facilities,fan support and a university committed to your program all would be something he would have to consider.he may be looking for a bigger pond but he cant do anymore in huntsville than he's done.proven college coach thats not to old.give him a 10,000 seat arena,conf leading attendance for cellar dwelling team and a nice raise and see what happens.
[/quote]

I don't think Bob Marlin would take two seconds to even consider coming to Lamar. The facilities are not as great as most people think, the administration is a joke, and a lateral move of this scale would be career suicide. The man does have a brain in his head.

How about this guy.  They have done some good things at Baylor during his tenure.

Mark Morefield's association with Scott Drew dates back 16 years, including the last six seasons at Baylor. Morefield is in his seventh season serving as the Bears' recruiting coordinator and assistant coach, and his duties include handling the offense, supervising individual workouts and scouting.

The Bears became a national media staple during the 2008-09 season as the program set several new school records. Baylor posted back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time in school history, while advancing to its first Big 12 Championship title game, only to fall to Missouri. During its improbable postseason run, Baylor became the first No. 9 seed to advance to the Big 12 Championship title game.

Baylor's 2008-09 squad did something the 2007-08 Bears were unable to accomplish - win a postseason game. The Bears advanced to the NIT championship game with a semfinal win over San Diego State at Madison Square Garden before falling to Penn State in the title game.

Baylor played a school-record 39 games, including a school-record 34 on television. Nineteen of those 34 games were televised nationally - 18 on the ESPN family of networks. Prior to the 2008-09 season, Baylor had played just 14 games on the ESPN family of networks in the previous 11 seasons.

In 2007-08, Morefield and the Bears rose to national prominence when Baylor made its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1988. The Bears finished with a 21-11 overall record after a first-round loss to 18th-ranked Purdue, marking the fourth 20-win season in school history.

A proven recruiter, Morefield has twice been named one of the nation's top 25 recruiters by Rivals.com, in 2005 and 2006. Morefield has contributed to the signing of five top 20 national recruiting classes over the past eight years, two at Valparaiso and four at Baylor (No. 17 in 2009, No. 17 in 2006, No. 11 in 2005 and No. 10 in 2004 at Baylor; No. 6 in 2001 and No. 13 in 1999 at Valparaiso).

PRIOR TO BAYLOR
A product of the Valparaiso basketball program, Morefield spent 2002-03 as an assistant during Drew's one season as Valpo's head coach. The previous four seasons, the two were fellow assistants on the Valparaiso staff of Homer Drew, Scott's father. Morefield logged a total of nine seasons with Valparaiso basketball, the last five as an assistant coach. In those five years, Valpo went to three NCAA Tournaments and one NIT.

Morefield served as Valpo's administrative assistant coach in 1998-99 and as a student assistant during the 1996-97 and 1997-98 campaigns after working as a team manager as a freshman and sophomore. He was part of the staff that guided Valpo to Mid-Continent Conference regular season championships and tournament championships in 1998-99 and 2001-02, as well as regular season titles in 2000-01 and 2002-03 and a tournament title in 2000.

In the summer of 1999, Morefield was an assistant coach for an Athletes In Action team that toured Poland and Croatia. Morefield was also an assistant coach for an AIA team that played on the Ivory Coast of Africa in 2001. Players on those AIA teams included Milo Stovall of Valpo, Dan Dickau of Gonzaga, Ryan Sears of Creighton, Solomon Hughes of California, Billy Knight of UCLA, Reed Rawlings of Samford and Doc Martin of Alabama.

In addition to his duties at Valpo in 1997-98, Morefield served as freshman basketball coach and varsity assistant at Michigan City High School in Indiana. In the summers of 1996 and 1997 he worked basketball camps at Notre Dame and Michigan. Morefield also served as the director of the Valparaiso boys basketball camps.

PERSONAL
Morefield graduated from Valparaiso in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts in an individualized major with a course concentration in sports marketing. He was married to the former Danika Brock in September 2007.

[quote name="LumberCard" post="774610" timestamp="1268248933"]
[quote author=lu cards link=topic=67176.msg774604#msg774604 date=1268247575]
[/quote]

I don't think Bob Marlin would take two seconds to even consider coming to Lamar. The facilities are not as great as most people think, the administration is a joke, and a lateral move of this scale would be career suicide. The man does have a brain in his head.
[/quote]the admin is a joke???simmons is the best president lamar has ever had.the montagne isnt what it used be but its still first class(hear a face lift is coming)and a big fat raise.if he has a brain he would atleast look into it.

i thought it would take till tonight but my marlin suggestion has made to katfans.money talks and sam is paying marlin like a punk.sam houston is at there apex in basketball and dont support it.when lu was at there apex we had 8,000 per game.we double your attendance and we suck.if a competitor comes to and offers you more money,a bigger office and more friends what would you do???

First of all there is no way Gillespie would come here.  I would bet money that he is going to get serious consideration from at least Uh and likely Texas Tech this offseason.  I love Lamar but to think that a guy like Gillespie would pick the Cardinals over either of these teams (or maybe Oregon) is nonsensical.

Bob MArlin - I don't see why he would leave Sam to come here.  Not a step up and he has been consistently successful in this conference and has not had opportunity to move up yet.

Penders intrigues me because he is getting fired (most likely) from a CUSA job and will likely have to take a step down, and he is known for quick turnarounds.  However, what if he wants to take some time away.

I say go after an assistant at a fairly predominant BCS conference program and see what interest there is.

I might even talk to some retreads - a guy like Quinn Snyder or James Dickey.  

I was thinking about Quinn Snyder earlier today.  This is a guy who has played and coached at Duke.  He did great things at Missouri before he ran into some player trouble.  Now he is coaching the Austin Toros in the Developmental League.  This a guy who needs another chance and would be an interesting possibility.

On a side note, it is a shame that the most LU hoops buzz on this site in the last two years revolves around the possible end of the Roc regime.  This speaks volumes about the mindset of the fan base.

[quote name="lamarproud" post="774713" timestamp="1268258419"]
I was thinking about Quinn Snyder earlier today.  This is a guy who has played and coached at Duke.  He did great things at Missouri before he ran into some player trouble.  Now he is coaching the Austin Toros in the Developmental League.  This a guy who needs another chance and would be an interesting possibility.

On a side note, it is a shame that the most LU hoops buzz on this site in the last two years revolves around the possible end of the Roc regime.  This speaks volumes about the mindset of the fan base.
[/quote]We want to win. LU needs a winner. Nothing personally on Roc.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami