LU vs Priarie View...LU Wins!!!!!!!!

Guest coachacola

[quote name="LU4LIFE" post="774223" timestamp="1268193330"]
LAMAR for sure needs to get better teams then that to play for non conference games!!!
[/quote]
I agree, I think they need to draw some more big names if possible. That's the only way your going to draw fans. They do play Rice, but I would love to see them play some SEC teams at home as well as some Big 12, and even PAC 10 teams.

02/19/10 vs. [b]Long Beach State [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
02/20/10 vs. [b]Long Beach State [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
  vs. [b]Long Beach State [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
02/24/10 at [b]Rice[/b] Houston 
02/26/10 vs. [b]Southern Mississippi [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium
02/27/10 vs. [b]Southern Mississippi [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
  02/28/10 vs. [b]Southern Mississippi [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
YMBL Cardinal Classic
03/05/10 vs. [b]Baylor[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium
03/06/10 vs. [b]Louisiana-Lafayette [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
  vs. [b]Oklahoma[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
03/07/10 vs. [b]Creighton [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 

03/09/10 vs. [b]Prairie View A&M[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 
03/10/10 vs. [b]Prairie View A&M[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 3:00 p.m.
03/12/10 at Nicholls State * Thibodaux, La. 6:30 p.m.
03/13/10 at Nicholls State * Thibodaux, La. 3:00 p.m.
03/14/10 at Nicholls State * Thibodaux, La. 1:00 p.m.
03/16/10 vs. [b]Arizona State [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
03/17/10 vs. [b]Arizona State [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 3:00 p.m.
03/19/10 vs. Central Arkansas * Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:00 p.m.
03/20/10 vs. Central Arkansas * Vincent-Beck Stadium 2:00 p.m.
03/21/10 vs. Central Arkansas * Vincent-Beck Stadium 1:00 p.m.
03/26/10 at Texas State * San Marcos 6:30 p.m.
03/27/10 at Texas State * San Marcos 3:00 p.m.
03/28/10 at Texas State * San Marcos 1:00 p.m.
03/30/10 vs. [b]Rice[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/01/10 vs. Southeastern Louisiana * Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/02/10 vs. Southeastern Louisiana * Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/03/10 vs. Southeastern Louisiana * Vincent-Beck Stadium 1:00 p.m.
04/06/10 vs. [b]Houston Baptist [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/07/10 vs. [b]Houston Baptist [/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/09/10 at A&M-Corpus Christi * Corpus Christi 6:30 p.m.
04/10/10 at A&M-Corpus Christi * Corpus Christi 3:30 p.m.
04/11/10 at A&M-Corpus Christi * Corpus Christi 1:00 p.m.
04/13/10 vs. [b]Texas A&M[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 3:00 p.m.
  vs. [b]Texas A&M[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/16/10 vs. Sam Houston State * Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/17/10 vs. Sam Houston State * Vincent-Beck Stadium 2:00 p.m.
04/18/10 vs. Sam Houston State * Vincent-Beck Stadium 1:00 p.m.
04/21/10 vs. [b]Houston[/b] Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/23/10 vs. UTSA * Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
04/24/10 vs. UTSA * Vincent-Beck Stadium 2:00 p.m.
04/25/10 vs. UTSA * Vincent-Beck Stadium 1:00 p.m.
04/28/10 at [b]Houston[/b] Houston 6:30 p.m.
04/30/10 at McNeese State * Lake Charles, La. 6:30 p.m.
05/01/10 vs. McNeese State * Vincent-Beck Stadium 2:00 p.m.
05/02/10 vs. McNeese State * Vincent-Beck Stadium 1:00 p.m.
05/08/10 at Northwestern State * Natchitoches, La. 1:00 p.m.
  at Northwestern State * Natchitoches, La. 4:30 p.m.
05/09/10 at Northwestern State * Natchitoches, La. 1:00 p.m.
05/14/10 at UT Arlington * Arlington 6:30 p.m.
05/15/10 at UT Arlington * Arlington 2:00 p.m.
05/16/10 at UT Arlington * Arlington 2:00 p.m.
05/20/10 vs. Stephen F. Austin Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
05/21/10 vs. Stephen F. Austin * Vincent-Beck Stadium 6:30 p.m.
05/22/10 vs. Stephen F. Austin * Vincent-Beck Stadium 1:00 p.m.

I think this would be a great schedule that wouldn't be too rough, but would get some top baseball programs into Beaumont to get fans out to the games.

Guest baseball25
ITS CALLED YOU GOT A COACH THAT HAS A BIG EGO and doesn't want to travel to those schools, PVIEW 2 wins are against NON DIV 1 schools, and they have 2 losses against 2 NON div 1 schools, PVIEW IS HORRIBLE there not good there RPI was 286 last yr who said they are competitive lol

Guest baseball25
Yeah that was in 2005 its 2010 now,we aren't talking about 5 yrs ago, we are talking about NOW, I talked to a EX player  from Lamar that was very successful and I ask him why is lamar playing all these horrible teams, and he said he was thinking the same thing he just doesn't understand it, its getting lamar no where playing teams like this, there freaking RPI was 25 on monday and today its in the 40's there SOS was in the 80's on monday and now its 150, all this does is make you have to win the southland tourney and thats hard to do and just think how hard it is to win REG and tourney champ, because if they win the regular championship they won't get a automatic bid because there RPI and SOS is going to be BRUTAL.

I agree with baseball25. Coach Gilligan is a good coach, but if you look at the past 5 years, LU plays a couple of tough teams and thats it. Need to step up the strength of schedule to where if you don't win SLC tourney maybe you could get an automatic bid. It's been a while.

I'm guessing on this, but I think I'm close, but home game attendance average 300 to 600, when LU should be drawing 1500 to 2500 at home games. Bring the big name schools and fans will go. JMO

Your not going to hear alot of people talk about Gilligan because recently he has began recruiting alot of local talent. If you look at the early 90's through about 2000, you couldn't hardly find anyone from this area on the team. As long as he contiues to recruit heavy in this area, it won't matter if they ever go to the post season.

[quote name="baseball25" post="774481" timestamp="1268237371"]
Yeah that was in 2005 its 2010 now,we aren't talking about 5 yrs ago, we are talking about NOW, I talked to a EX player  from Lamar that was very successful and I ask him why is lamar playing all these horrible teams, and he said he was thinking the same thing he just doesn't understand it, its getting lamar no where playing teams like this, there freaking RPI was 25 on monday and today its in the 40's there SOS was in the 80's on monday and now its 150, all this does is make you have to win the southland tourney and[b] thats hard to do and just think how hard it is to win REG and tourney champ[/b], because if they win the regular championship they won't get a automatic bid because there RPI and SOS is going to be BRUTAL.
[/quote]

that's harder than using periods in your posts.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="774309" timestamp="1268199160"]
[quote author=LU4LIFE link=topic=67137.msg774223#msg774223 date=1268193330]
LAMAR for sure needs to get better teams then that to play for non conference games!!!
[/quote]
I agree, I think they need to draw some more big names if possible. That's the only way your going to draw fans. They do play Rice, but I would love to see them play some SEC teams at home as well as some Big 12, and even PAC 10 teams.
[/quote]
Lamar has never brought in many SEC teams, and few Big 12 and PAC 10 teams.  When they did get bigger names, they were Big 10, Big East, and some of the mid-major mid-western powerhouses, especially early in the year.  When the season started earlier, they could get good Northern teams to come to Beaumont to escape the snow.  With new mandated later start date, there's fewer good teams looking to avoid the snow.  Lamar is a tough spot for scheduling.  They're not quite good enough to get Texas or LSU to come to Beaumont, even on a home-and-home but they're way to good for Texas or LSU to pay to come to Austin or Baton Rouge for a guarantee game or series.  They could do better than Prairie View, but they're just not going to get to play very many Big 12 or SEC teams.  That's okay, that way we can sneak up on them in the Regionals.

Guest baseball25
Stop making  excuses for Lamar people, Texas st,uta,utsa,Sam,south east la play pretty tough schedule and Lamar can to if they want, let's be realistic here.

baseball25, I think all of setxsports.com is tired of hearing you talk! First of all I'm a girl and I can't stand getting on here and reading what you write! When will you ever get a life and stop bashing an amazing baseball coach and team. It's like you get on here everyday just to bring coach G and these boys down. Well in my personal opinion a win is a win no matter who you play, and guess what? They BEAT Priarie View, no matter how good or bad their supposed to be! And it frustrates me a lot when you talk about their schedule blah blah blah! Well sir, I might be a girl but I sure do follow up on baseball A LOT and hearing your comments on their schedule blows my mind, you know why? because I'm a student at LSU...yeah that's right the defending champions as of now, and I don't see you getting a hold of coach Paul Mainieri and telling him how horrible his pre-conference schedule is, because they are definitely winning and remaining number 1 in the polls after beating some pretty "low" teams. Seriously, what do you have against Coach G and these Boys? I think they have had a quite amazing start this year, and they have no one to thank but their coaches and the fact that they're playing as a team this year...so why don't you back off some and give these guys a little respect...

Guest baseball25
Lol you go to lsu want a cookie lol, lsu can play some scrubs because they are in  the sec, top 3 best conf in the nation, they have 30 games left against top 40 opponents, so there shcedule is going to end up top 20 in nation, lamar went fro. 24 to 50's in rpi in 2 days, there SOS went from 80 to 170 lol in 2 daysthats brutAl, Lamar has played 5 game against A team that has a rpi over 200 plus lsu has played no teams with a rpi like that, lsu SOS is 64 rightno just think how much thata going to jump after There series against Kansas and ark, and if gilligan was so amazing then why haven't they been to a regionals in over 5 yrs? I think amazing coaches find a way k get to regionals every yr, stop making excuses it's just the truth and I know th truth hurts sometimes and I'm sorry, rem sec ad soutland they don't even compare to each other, Lamar needs to play tougher teams, bec southland these days can get 2 teams in the tourney, one by automatic bid which lamar won't get and one by cof tourney champs which they could get win but what makes u think they will win the tourney when Sam, utsa,south east la, and Texas st are ahead of Lamar, I want lamar to do good but it's not getting them anywhere, basically it's like a 5a team playing 1a abd 2a before there district starts and that's not going to prepare them one bit playing 1a and 2a's.
Playing a bunch of teams that are bums, if your going to at bums you better beat them, my buddy on the selection committee says it perfect play bad teams and losing to them doesn't look good on your resume, but playing quality teams and losing to them looks a whole lot better.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="774829" timestamp="1268268998"]
I understand westlinder, but when was the last time that LU snook up on anybody. It's been a while. I just think it would help them and area fans to get some bigger names in here. They use to do it, but then the last decade nada.
[/quote]

"the last decade"  while Will was playing 03 to 06  we played Rice, A&M, U of H, and others every year.  Now that we do have showers and a place for them to use right next to the field (soccer clubhouse)  maybe we can start getting them back.  I know that Jim will not schedule a team away if they will not come here.  As far a PV A&M  we have always played them almost every year, same a Tx Southern.

[quote name="justabaseballfan" post="774957" timestamp="1268279709"]
baseball25, I think all of setxsports.com is tired of hearing you talk! First of all I'm a girl and I can't stand getting on here and reading what you write! When will you ever get a life and stop bashing an amazing baseball coach and team. It's like you get on here everyday just to bring coach G and these boys down. Well in my personal opinion a win is a win no matter who you play, and guess what? They BEAT Priarie View, no matter how good or bad their supposed to be! And it frustrates me a lot when you talk about their schedule blah blah blah! Well sir, I might be a girl but I sure do follow up on baseball A LOT and hearing your comments on their schedule blows my mind, you know why? because I'm a student at LSU...yeah that's right the defending champions as of now, and I don't see you getting a hold of coach Paul Mainieri and telling him how horrible his pre-conference schedule is, because they are definitely winning and remaining number 1 in the polls after beating some pretty "low" teams. Seriously, what do you have against Coach G and these Boys? I think they have had a quite amazing start this year, and they have no one to thank but their coaches and the fact that they're playing as a team this year...so why don't you back off some and give these guys a little respect...

[/quote]

You are my hero!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="baseball25" post="775005" timestamp="1268285722"]

Playing a bunch of teams that are bums, if your going to at bums you better beat them, my buddy on the selection committee says it perfect play bad teams and losing to them doesn't look good on your resume, but playing quality teams and losing to them looks a whole lot better.
[/quote]

Guess that is why TX St RPI is greater than ours right now....

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="775259" timestamp="1268329207"]Guess that is why TX St RPI is greater than ours right now....
[/quote]

LU Baseball Fan,

Lamar had to win 11 games to get to 54 in RPI. TXST had to win just five to get to 58.

TXST's RPI will improve as the teams they beat do well against decent competition, especially when they play Texas, A&M and TCU forthcoming.

Lamar's RPI will suffer regardless of what the teams they play do afterwards, since they play in weaker conferences. TXST's schedule is built for making the NCAAs as an at-large.  Per WarrenNolan, TXST has a SoS of 17. Lamar is 169.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2010/sos

A lot of us are good at polishing turds (hey UNLV!), but the facts speak for themselves.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics