RANDY COUTORE COMMENTS ON FEDOR, ABOUT COMPETITION HE FACES

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25
[b]At some point Fedor's going to have to step up and be willing to fight top level guys again. I don't know what's going on with him or why he's not willing to do that and certainly (Fabricio) Werdum is one of those guys he's going to have to face to be considered a top fighter. To be pound-for-pound best fighter in the world he's going to have to start facing tougher opponents. Hopefully we'll see [the Werdum] fight happen."[/b]

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture weighs in on the Great Fedor Debate after hearing that "The Last Emperor" was not going to make a planned Strikeforce appearance in April against Fabricio Werdum and may not be able to make the May rain date either. There have been rumblings about a lingering hand injury as well as some sticking points in the Strikeforce/M-1 negotiations but all "Captain America" wants to see is Emelianenko fight top level guys. Fedor's last three wins came at the expense of two former UFC heavyweight champions and a power-punching tire mechanic from Illinois. Couture is apparently unimpressed by those wins. Are you? And what constitutes "top competition" in the heavyweight division?

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="774152" timestamp="1268189840"]
Totally agree with Venom.  Fedor raids Couture.  

But I also agree with Couture....it's time Fedor.  Step up.
[/quote]

Im curious... who should he step up to?

lesnar-- 4-1 who couldnt stop herring?
mir--13-4 with losses to lesnar,freeman,cruz, and vera?
carwin--11-0 whos has fought NO ONE with the exception of gonzaga

why should he chase these guys to prove anything to anyone? they should be chasing him! the master doesnt come to you,you go to him! hes offered to fight anyone in the ufc for free. hop a plane and get your a$$ smashed, no money,no cameras, just pride.

heres the question, when will the three above fighters step up? compare records and opponents. fedor is 32-1, hes fought the best of the best IN THEIR PRIME, and has lost ONE ROUND (vs. tk) his entire career. (newbies do your homework) who has lesnar,mir,or carwin beat? what have they done to justify a fight with the best in the world?

dont let where a fighter fights dictate his worth as a fighter....

No one questions his great career. They question his current status.

And, can you say Paq was scared of Mayweather for not meeting his demands? I think not.

If Koby never played in the NBA and spent his career in the French league, would he still be considered the best (some opinions) in the world? Probably not.

Really don't understand why people are so fixated on Fedor going to UFC....

His last 3 fights were against top 10 heavyweights and with Werdum it will be 4th top 10 heavyweight in a row. There is no other heavyweight that has faced that level of competition recently, that's why he is far and away the #1 heavyweight in the world!

If Cain, Dos Santos and Carwin went to Strikeforce instead of UFC and fought Fedor; and Werdum, Sylvia and Arlovski stayed in the UFC people would still be crying and whining about how Fedor is not fighting 'the best'

I am just as interested in Fedor fighting Overeem and Barnett as anybody from the UFC...

Don't get me wrong if he went to UFC it would be cool, but as long as he fights top level competition on american television I am happy!

I think its funny...If Brett Rogers was signed to the UFC you would be making Rogers as example of Top HW that Fedor needs to fight, while a JDS (had he been with strikeforce) would be a 'can.'

The only matches you want to see right now are those that are signed with the ufc. You base this not on talent, but on what is being sold to you by ufc hype. You are a by product of the UFC propaganda. brainwashed!

Guest baseball25
Pacman isn't scared of mayweather, pacman isn't going to play by mayweather rules, Pacman is the best fighter in the world, he said he would do the drug test, the normal drug test that is, but he's not doing olympic drug testing which mayweather wants him to do, this isn't the MAYEATHWER rules of boxing, he trying to run his own show and PACMAN wasn't playing his game, I mean there going to fight no matter what if mayweather beats mosley and pacman beat clottey, they will just make more money now.

[quote name="baseball25" post="774555" timestamp="1268243301"]
Pacman isn't scared of mayweather, pacman isn't going to play by mayweather rules, Pacman is the best fighter in the world, he said he would do the drug test, the normal drug test that is, but he's not doing olympic drug testing which mayweather wants him to do, this isn't the MAYEATHWER rules of boxing, he trying to run his own show and PACMAN wasn't playing his game, I mean there going to fight no matter what if mayweather beats mosley and pacman beat clottey, they will just make more money now.
[/quote]

have you heard if pac is going to retire after he fights mayweather?

Guest baseball25
Yep he wants to bec he's running for something in the philliphines this summer and they say he should win so he's going the political route.

[quote name="venom33" post="774515" timestamp="1268240843"]

His last 3 fights were against top 10 heavyweights and with Werdum it will be 4th top 10 heavyweight in a row. There is no other heavyweight that has faced that level of competition recently, that's why he is far and away the #1 heavyweight in the world!

If Cain, Dos Santos and Carwin went to Strikeforce instead of UFC and fought Fedor; and [b]Werdum, Sylvia and Arlovski [/b] stayed in the UFC people would still be crying and whining about how Fedor is not fighting 'the best'

I am just as interested in Fedor fighting [b]Overeem and Barnett [/b] as anybody from the UFC...

Don't get me wrong if he went to UFC it would be cool, but as long as he fights top level competition on american television I am happy!

I think its funny...If [b]Brett Rogers [/b] was signed to the UFC you would be making Rogers as example of Top HW that Fedor needs to fight, while a JDS (had he been with strikeforce) would be a 'can.'

The only matches you want to see right now are those that are signed with the ufc. You base this not on talent, but on what is being sold to you by ufc hype. You are a by product of the UFC propaganda. brainwashed!
[/quote]

You are calling these guys some of the best heavyweights in the world??  Maybe if it was 2005, but it is not.  Silvia was just knocked out by a washed up boxer.  Werdum was run out of the UFC not long ago.  Barnett is on roids.  I suspect that Overreem is also, which is why he will not fight in the US.

Tell me this "expert".....when Fedor cleans out the heavyweight division in Strikeforce, will you still say he doesn't have to go to the UFC?  It's not about propaganda, it is about seeing him fight someone who is worth a crap.  The guy who made the comment about Kobe playing in France was right on point.  If Kobe was playing in France, and was considered the best bball player on the planet, should Dewayne Wade and Lebron make the jump to France to prove that he is not?  Or should Kobe go to what is considered the premier bball league in the world and showcase his talents there? 

Regardless of what YOU think, the UFC is seen as the big leagues.  You are the only one who seems to not agree with that statement.  Until Fedor comes to the big leagues I cannot classify him as the best HW in the world.  Period. 

I'm not ready to say Fedor is [u]not[/u] the top heavyweight in the world. He may or may not be. I'd sure like to see him prove it.

I will say he's not the best PFP fighter in the world. IMO

he can't sit in his comfort zone and earn that title, in my eyes.

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="774690" timestamp="1268255982"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=67101.msg774515#msg774515 date=1268240843]

If Cain, Dos Santos and Carwin went to Strikeforce instead of UFC and fought Fedor; and [b]Werdum, Sylvia and Arlovski [/b] stayed in the UFC people would still be crying and whining about how Fedor is not fighting 'the best'

I am just as interested in Fedor fighting [b]Overeem and Barnett [/b] as anybody from the UFC...

I think its funny...If [b]Brett Rogers [/b] was signed to the UFC you would be making Rogers as example of Top HW that Fedor needs to fight, while a JDS (had he been with strikeforce) would be a 'can.'

[/quote]

You are calling these guys some of the best heavyweights in the world??  Maybe if it was 2005, but it is not.  Silvia was just knocked out by a washed up boxer.  Werdum was run out of the UFC not long ago.  Barnett is on roids.  I suspect that Overreem is also, which is why he will not fight in the US.

Tell me this "expert".....when Fedor cleans out the heavyweight division in Strikeforce, will you still say he doesn't have to go to the UFC?  It's not about propaganda, it is about seeing him fight someone who is worth a crap.  The guy who made the comment about Kobe playing in France was right on point.  If Kobe was playing in France, and was considered the best bball player on the planet, should Dewayne Wade and Lebron make the jump to France to prove that he is not?  Or should Kobe go to what is considered the premier bball league in the world and showcase his talents there?  

Regardless of what YOU think, the UFC is seen as the big leagues.  You are the only one who seems to not agree with that statement.  Until Fedor comes to the big leagues I cannot classify him as the best HW in the world.  Period.  
[/quote]

No expert rebel just a long time mma fan--- I agree ufc is the best and biggest org but your problem is you allow the company for whom the fighter fights for dictate his worth in the game. You have to use the mma rankings both when it backs your arguement and when it doesnt. Sylvia, Arlovski, and Rogers were all top 10 two were top five at the time they fought Fedor, and Werdum will be top 10 as well when their fight happens. It doesnt make a CRAP where they are today its where they were when the fight happened and it doesnt matter what YOU or I think thats how it is.

The burden is on the UFC hw's to establish they belong in the ring with Fedor, not vice versa.

When did the UFC HW title become so prestigious? Was it after Randy vacated it when he lost in RINGS? After Mir vacated it? When Arlovski's interim title became the real title? After Eilers got a title shot coming off a KO loss? After Randy got a shot coming off a KO loss at a lower weight class? After 2-1 Brock won it? Now theres yet another interim champion.

Im failing to see why the UFC HW belt means so much that the consensus best HW ever must fight for it.....

Heres a history lesson...the ufc hw class is a joke,unstable at best--- Mir vacated the belt, Arlovski won the interim which became the HW title.  The UFC HW division then solely consisted of Arlovski and Sylvia for years, whilst the PRIDE HW division was stacked.  After Sylvia beat Arlovski in the 3rd fight, there was literally noone for him to fight as the division was so weak, so UFC had to get a retired LHW coming off a KO loss back in the fray for a title shot, which he won then went on to defend once before going on a 14 month hiatus.  When he came back to fight a 2-1 fighter, he lost the belt and now that belt is having to be combined with the interim title that was created in Randy's 14 month absence.  On top of all this, Arlovski was the outright No.1 contender for the title, when he left the division to fight the best HW in the world and got brutally KTFO!!!! And another top contender in Werdum also left the division! Any UFC HW who strings 2 wins together these days all of a sudden become Fedor's worst nightmare, its hysterical.  People used to say the same garbage they say about Mir, Brock, etc about Arlovski and Sylvia a few years ago!  The UFC may have prestige, and name value, but without Fedor, their heavyweight division simply isn't for the real belt. It isn't the big game and their heavyweights are fighting for the title of best big fish in a small pond.

The best HW in the world was crowned the best in 2003, 7 years later nothing has changed and it doesnt matter what YOU or I think there are experts that would disagree with both of us. show me any ufc hw whos last 4 fights were against top 10 fighters and two being top 5! Pursue the best not the other way around.... go fight him for free like hes offered! whos ducking who?

At the moment, beating Fedor is the most prestigious "title" in HW MMA. Fedor doesn't have to go to the UFC to prove his #1 position, but a UFC HW does have to beat Fedor to become #1. This is undeniable.  A shiny bit of metal that has UFC on it, means nothing!

Im sure your opinion as to where he stands doesnt mean a hill of crap to him, but if it does bother you then by all means turn the channel! After all you are a Cowboys fan so picking a winner isnt your strong suit!    :D :-*

venom, you sure know your MMA stuff. I work with some guys who love this stuff and I have seen Fedor fight a number of times. They know this stuff inside and out too. They will tell you, and so will I, that Fedor is the best there is.

My personal favorite was decking Arlovski during a jump kick attempt.....landing him face first on the canvas.  :D

[quote name="baddog" post="774830" timestamp="1268269179"]
venom, you sure know your MMA stuff. I work with some guys who love this stuff and I have seen Fedor fight a number of times. They know this stuff inside and out too. They will tell you, and so will I, that Fedor is the best there is.

[b]My personal favorite was decking Arlovski during a jump kick attempt[/b].....landing him face first on the canvas.  :D
[/quote]

easy baddog.... you didnt know,fedor got lucky with that punch! according to some arlovski was "winning" until he got BRUTALLY KTFO! its funny that normally you can discuss a fighters losses but being you cant do that with fedor people break his fights down and discuss when he gets punched.... :-\ :-\  ;D ;D

[quote name="mat" post="774870" timestamp="1268272727"]
Put the UFC aside for minute. Please explain why Fedor is not the Strikeforce HW champ and why has he not fought for that belt?
[/quote]

thats an awesome question! overeem is the champ but his last fight for strikeforce was when he won the belt against buentello, i believe. hes fighting rogers in may but i heard it wasnt a title fight.... very odd!

Venom,

Please do not misconstrue my comments as frustration directed toward you.  After re-reading them, I can see how they might have been taken that way and I did not mean for it to be that way.  I too love watching Fedor fight.  I think he is great, I am just becoming increasingly frustrated because the fights I want to see look like they may never happen.  Or, may not happen with Fedor in his prime.  I think he is allowing bad people to run his career and they are inadvertantly going to damage his legacy in the process...that's all.

Please accept my apology for how I may have sounded yesterday.  You are a very knowledgeable man and we are in the same boat on being huge MMA fans.  Maybe one day we can catch a PPV together! haha  Later

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="775146" timestamp="1268322980"]
Venom,

Please do not misconstrue my comments as frustration directed toward you.  After re-reading them, I can see how they might have been taken that way and I did not mean for it to be that way.  I too love watching Fedor fight.  I think he is great, I am just becoming increasingly frustrated because the fights I want to see look like they may never happen.  Or, may not happen with Fedor in his prime.  I think he is allowing bad people to run his career and they are inadvertantly going to damage his legacy in the process...that's all.

Please accept my apology for how I may have sounded yesterday.  You are a very knowledgeable man and we are in the same boat on being huge MMA fans.  Maybe one day we can catch a PPV together! haha  Later
[/quote]

Venom's paying, right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder