*HJ vs SILSBEE REGIONAL FINAL BROADCAST* - SILSBEE WINS 53-50

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="772590" timestamp="1267936355"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66936.msg772589#msg772589 date=1267936280]
[font=Courier]Was there a "Coach T Shuffle/Stomp"?[/font]
[/quote]

LOL!!!!

Yes there was and it was great!!!
[/quote]
The Lady on channel 6 news said that he needed to work on that shuffle.....

So lets see if she can show us how its done  :o :o :o :o :o

I just got back and I want to say that was a great game.  Every dribble, every pass, every rebound, and every shot was contested!!!  Both sides gave it 100% and all the people in the stands saw a great game!!!!

I especially want to thank the Silsbee fans for putting up with me!  Due to seating arrangements, I had to sit around a bunch of Tiger fans and all of them were cordial.  We all had a great time, although I would have loved my Hawks to have won!!!  Good Luck, Tigers.  You better step it up in Austin, because you've got the talent to go all the way.

All I can say is WOW!!! This is a perfect example of what makes high school basketball the greatest game there is.Two teams that were prepared to perfection.Every player that entered tonights game left everything they had on the floor.It was a priveledge to get to watch this one.Congrats to both programs on a great year and thanks for letting us old basketball junkies watch.Good luck Tigers in the drum.

[quote name="ST413" post="772634" timestamp="1267941061"]
Another Tiger-Hawk Classic..these games [b]can't be good for my health[/b]. Great seasons for both teams.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing as my hands shook uncontrollably, especially during those last 40 seconds!

Congratulations Tigers!  Great game HJ! 

[quote name="mactiger" post="772637" timestamp="1267941316"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66936.msg772634#msg772634 date=1267941061]
Another Tiger-Hawk Classic..these games [b]can't be good for my health[/b]. Great seasons for both teams.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing as my hands shook uncontrollably, especially during those last 40 seconds!

Congratulations Tigers!  Great game HJ! 
[/quote]

Yeah as HJ was inbounding the ball that last time I was having Crockett flashbacks.

[quote name="ST413" post="772647" timestamp="1267942020"]
I wish there was a replay on the broadcast.. I would love to hear that one...
[/quote]

ST413, your wish is my command.

When I get back to Silsbee tomorrow, I will rebroadcast the game tomorrow night.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="772654" timestamp="1267942279"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66936.msg772647#msg772647 date=1267942020]
I wish there was a replay on the broad cast.. I would love to hear that one...
[/quote]

ST413, your wish is my command.

When I get back to Silsbee tomorrow, I will rebroadcast the game tomorrow night.
[/quote]

Thanks hopefully I will be home to hear it.  I can't wait to hear you two.. should be quite interesting.  No telling what you can hear behind you as well :-X :-X

The head coaches of these 2 clubs knowledge of the game is well known but I have never seen better bench coaching from the assistants of these 2 clubs.I found myself watching the adjustments the assistant coaches were making at times more than the game.These schools are lucky to have these staffs.I hope this is the Tigers year, they are due.Good luck in Austin.

Great job Silsbee, good luck in austin you should do well, go into knowing that you deserve to be there and that you have all the tools needed to get it done. This was another HJ classic. I was really pulling for my hawks to win but if we cant go I'm glad it is Silsbee that is going. Both teams left everything on the court saturday night, if you would have told me we would only make two free throws in the second half and our 3 point percentage was dismal, I would have said there is no way we would have been in the game. All I can say is that the hawks dont die quietly...they go down fighting and scratching all the way. The HJ Silsbee match ups in the last four or five years have been phenominal...

To the Coaches I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, this time of year is hard on your family with so much time prepairing for the next opponent. Yall are truly class acts. I still believe we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I have loved to watch you guy's over the years, yall coach every second of every game, and I thank you for the time and effort you put into these young men. Please know that you make each one of them a better person just for knowing you.

To the seniors I want to say that yall have been truely awesome to watch, regional finals four years in a row making it through and to Austin twice and bringing home the state championship once... is an amazing feat. None of you have anything to hang your heads about. I have grown to know yall over the years and yall have provided some of the best entertainment money can buy. I love you guy's and will ALWAYS remember each and every one of you.  ;D [size=12pt][b]You guy's are awesome.[/b][/size]

To the underclassman, you guy's have alot of work to do, You have a great group coming back, and it is up to yall to carry on the Hawk tradition.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="772894" timestamp="1268008184"]
Great job Silsbee, good luck in austin you should do well, go into knowing that you deserve to be there and that you have all the tools needed to get it done. This was another HJ classic. I was really pulling for my hawks to win but if we cant go I'm glad it is Silsbee that is going. Both teams left everything on the court saturday night, if you would have told me we would only make two free throws in the second half and our 3 point percentage was dismal, I would have said there is no way we would have been in the game. All I can say is that the hawks dont die quietly...they go down fighting and scratching all the way. The HJ Silsbee match ups in the last four or five years have been phenominal...

To the Coaches I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, this time of year is hard on your family with so much time prepairing for the next opponent. Yall are truly class acts. I still believe we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I have loved to watch you guy's over the years, yall coach every second of every game, and I thank you for the time and effort you put into these young men. Please know that you make each one of them a better person just for knowing you.

To the seniors I want to say that yall have been truely awesome to watch, regional finals four years in a row making it through and to Austin twice and bringing home the state championship once... is an amazing feat. None of you have anything to hang your heads about. I have grown to know yall over the years and yall have provided some of the best entertainment money can buy. I love you guy's and will ALWAYS remember each and every one of you.  ;D [size=12pt][b]You guy's are awesome.[/b][/size]

To the underclassman, you guy's have alot of work to do, You have a great group coming back, and it is up to yall to carry on the Hawk tradition.
[/quote]I could not have said it any better.

Those Hawks make me proud, year in and year out!

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="772907" timestamp="1268009767"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=66936.msg772894#msg772894 date=1268008184]

[/quote]I could not have said it any better.

Those Hawks make me proud, year in and year out!
[/quote]

Me too. I can remember win I was first started going to HJ games and watched a little kid (and I mean little) doing back flips off of the bottom row of bleachers, I went home and told my wife about it and she laughed and said it was probably Jacoby, and he was going to be one of the best athlete for HJ one day. Fast forward 10 years....guess what he was. Again congrats to all of the HJ seniors.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="773267" timestamp="1268069627"]
Me too. I can remember win I was first started going to HJ games and watched a little kid (and I mean little) doing back flips off of the bottom row of bleachers, I went home and told my wife about it and she laughed and said it was probably Jacoby, and he was going to be one of the best athlete for HJ one day. Fast forward 10 years....guess what he was. Again congrats to all of the HJ seniors.
[/quote]My past memories of HJ were much more horrifying.  I played for Buna in '80 and '81.  We were a short team, so we had to press the entire game.  And then, to make it worse, some disciplinary problems (both freakin' years!!!) caused us to play with a small roster - 7 players!!!!

We could run with every team in the district, even running them into the ground, except for those Hawks!!!  Mid to late in the 1st quarter, the game would be close, then the buzzer would sound and all 5 HJ starters would sit on the bench and 5 more would replace them.  No problem.  We"ll just keep taking them to the hoop.  2nd and 3rd quarter - same result!  But by the 4th quarter, I was so sick of seeing those waves of guys coming off the bench, I thought I was going to die!  HJ would always pull away from us in the 4th. 

For that reason, I have empathy for those teams in the play-offs that often try to run with us

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83