Class 3A Region III tourney set

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="769922" timestamp="1267628824"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=66748.msg769916#msg769916 date=1267628039]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=66748.msg769838#msg769838 date=1267589312]
Can hardly wait when hj is replaced with HF ;D
[/quote]

I don't know how old you are, Dove, but you gotta wonder if it will be in your lifetime! ::)
[/quote]

Tigersvoice had you of posted this on Facebook then I would be hitting the LIKE button!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D
[/quote]Laugh if you want! We'll see who laughs last ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="769942" timestamp="1267631720"]
I find it hard pressed( no pun intended) to find anyone who takes their basketball more serious than Hardin Jefferson!!
[/quote]I didn't realize HJ has a caravan following their team. The DQ is still open when HJ is in Austin.

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="769958" timestamp="1267633552"]
[quote author=CoachKfan link=topic=66748.msg769942#msg769942 date=1267631720]
I find it hard pressed( no pun intended) to find anyone who takes their basketball more serious than Hardin Jefferson!!
[/quote]I didn't realize HJ has a caravan following their team. The DQ is still open when HJ is in Austin.
[/quote].      Yes, the DQ will be open but they don't keep enough money there to make it worth your time.  U could do better going to Huntsville scalping tickets for the HJ game.

[quote name="ann tagon eyes" post="769997" timestamp="1267638619"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=66748.msg769958#msg769958 date=1267633552]
[quote author=CoachKfan link=topic=66748.msg769942#msg769942 date=1267631720]
[/quote].      Yes, the DQ will be open but they don't keep enough money there to make it worth your time.  U could do better going to Huntsville scalping tickets for the HJ game.
[/quote]
;D

[quote name="Eagle Eyes" post="769896" timestamp="1267621072"]
[quote author=Texasbird link=topic=66748.msg769840#msg769840 date=1267589362]
[quote author=Eagle Eyes link=topic=66748.msg769804#msg769804 date=1267584454]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66748.msg769801#msg769801 date=1267583778]
Realistically, HJ should win this one by at least 15 or more.
[/quote]

Realistically, I doubt Fairfield will put up 45 points on HJ.
Fairfield will not face pressure like HJ will apply.

Coach Worley has worked wonders with FF, but honestly they have little to no chance to win this game.
I will say FF plays great defense and they have great intensity on the defensive side.
They will hustle and get after you but they are seriously lacking on offense.

[/quote]
I believe that Mexia was and up tempo / full court press type of team, but Fairfield slowed them down to a 43 - 40 game. You don't have to score 45 if your defense holds the other team to 44. They also don't lose their composure very easily either. They were down by 9 with about 4 minutes left in the Mexia game and they tightened up and won by 3. Coach Worley and Coach Merrick both do a great job! To say that they have little to no chance might be a little misleading. HJ may very well win by 15 but Fairfield will make them work for it.
[/quote]
TexasBird were you at that game...It sure did get ugly after the game. At least a dozen fights in the parking lot, and 1 person getting taser :o.
That was my first Fairfield and Mexia game to ever see.
[b]Needless to say I was shocked.[/b]
Those two schools hate each other.
One of the most hated rivalries that only the CenTex area knows about.
[/quote]

So you were the one tazered.....jk ;D

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="770080" timestamp="1267646855"]
[quote author=Eagle Eyes link=topic=66748.msg769896#msg769896 date=1267621072]
[quote author=Texasbird link=topic=66748.msg769840#msg769840 date=1267589362]
[quote author=Eagle Eyes link=topic=66748.msg769804#msg769804 date=1267584454]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66748.msg769801#msg769801 date=1267583778]
Realistically, HJ should win this one by at least 15 or more.
[/quote]

Realistically, I doubt Fairfield will put up 45 points on HJ.
Fairfield will not face pressure like HJ will apply.

Coach Worley has worked wonders with FF, but honestly they have little to no chance to win this game.
I will say FF plays great defense and they have great intensity on the defensive side.
They will hustle and get after you but they are seriously lacking on offense.

[/quote]
I believe that Mexia was and up tempo / full court press type of team, but Fairfield slowed them down to a 43 - 40 game. You don't have to score 45 if your defense holds the other team to 44. They also don't lose their composure very easily either. They were down by 9 with about 4 minutes left in the Mexia game and they tightened up and won by 3. Coach Worley and Coach Merrick both do a great job! To say that they have little to no chance might be a little misleading. HJ may very well win by 15 but Fairfield will make them work for it.
[/quote]
TexasBird were you at that game...It sure did get ugly after the game. At least a dozen fights in the parking lot, and 1 person getting taser :o.
That was my first Fairfield and Mexia game to ever see.
[b]Needless to say I was shocked.[/b]
Those two schools hate each other.
One of the most hated rivalries that only the CenTex area knows about.
[/quote]

So you were the one tazered.....jk ;D
[/quote]

Nope not me, but that was funny. ;D ;D

First off Eagle eye thanks for coming on and giving people a scouting report on our team. I realize it doesn't really matter because HJ's coaches already have one but why? Im not going to come on here and be a homer because Hardin Jefferson will be a favorite for sure but to say we have no chance is a stretch. I know our coaching staff and these kids all very well and for you to make it sound like we are only in Huntsville because of a weak district or a weak draw is trash. Did you become a member of this board just to trash our team and say we have no chance what is the point in that? This team is in Huntsville for a reason they work their butts off all year and fought through adversity to get here. Have we caught some breaks sure we have but who hasn't? We lost one of our top players and top offensive weapons to being a discipline problem and we fought through that to make it here. If you want to pick Jefferson thats fine eagle eye but to try to act like our kids our only where they are because of a lucky district is crap.

[quote name="FairfieldEagles5" post="770267" timestamp="1267668722"]
First off Eagle eye thanks for coming on and giving people a scouting report on our team. I realize it doesn't really matter because HJ's coaches already have one but why? Im not going to come on here and be a homer because Hardin Jefferson will be a favorite for sure but to say we have no chance is a stretch. I know our coaching staff and these kids all very well and for you to make it sound like we are only in Huntsville because of a weak district or a weak draw is trash. Did you become a member of this board just to trash our team and say we have no chance what is the point in that? This team is in Huntsville for a reason they work their butts off all year and fought through adversity to get here. Have we caught some breaks sure we have but who hasn't? We lost one of our top players and top offensive weapons to being a discipline problem and we fought through that to make it here. If you want to pick Jefferson thats fine eagle eye but to try to act like our kids our only where they are because of a lucky district is crap.
[/quote]

Dude chill out.
I have seen FF play and I know HJ very well. I have seen HJ play numorous times. and I can honestly say FF will get beat.
If you think that the district FF plays in is stronger than 21-3A than you are misguided.
FF would have finished behind WOS in that district.
Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.

[quote name="williams5" post="770374" timestamp="1267676253"]
hj  is playing  with alot of heart  right now, they really want to beat silsbee in regionals and prove that they were the best all along.  silsbee is barely getting by right now.  lufkin hudson may knock them out friday.
[/quote]

Maybe, we will see. ;)

[quote name="williams5" post="770374" timestamp="1267676253"]
hj  is playing  with alot of heart  right now, they really want to beat silsbee in regionals and prove that they were the best all along.  silsbee is barely getting by right now.  lufkin hudson may knock them out friday.
[/quote]

I agree............HJ is playing with a ton of heart!!!  HJ needs to only worry about Fairfield right now.....if they get caught looking ahead then they may be headed home Saturday morning!!!!!  LH will lose to Silsbee by 12-15 points!!!

[quote name="Eagle Eyes" post="770363" timestamp="1267675486"]
[quote author=FairfieldEagles5 link=topic=66748.msg770267#msg770267 date=1267668722]
[/quote]

Dude chill out.
I have seen FF play and I know HJ very well. I have seen HJ play numorous times. and I can honestly say FF will get beat.
If you think that the district FF plays in is stronger than 21-3A than you are misguided.
FF would have finished behind WOS in that district.
Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.
[/quote]When did I ever say that our district was tougher than 21-3A?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="770387" timestamp="1267677118"]
I say Silsbee defeats Hudson by 5, 62-57.
[/quote]

Boy, after these first two playoff games , I hope Lazeek is right.  I don't know how many more of these close ones I can take.  However,  I don't feel like we are as suited to large winning margins a we were a year ago.  We just don't shoot the ball well enough overall.  We play real good defense and are great on the glass. Those are our strengths.  To win by large margins we need to force more turnovers and convert on them.

Guys i watch the tigers against wo-s and the first 3 quaters they played very averaged as if to say more relaxed wo-s tried to jump all over silsbee and for all wo-s did for at least through those 3 quaters they had no more than a 4 point lead silsbee finally made a very key adjustment which i think was be biggest difference in the game by putting Dc Stallworth back under the boards instead of pushing the basketball he had at least 13-15 points in the 4th quater alone but silsbee finally played the way i knew they could and shut down wo-s in the 4th if coach williams really turns this team a loose then they could win it all no disrespect to the other teams everyone at regional is good but wo-s could not move the ball or even barely get a shot off in that 4th quaters 7 of wo-s 9 points came from the free throw line this team has all the components to win it all they just have to do it . To me it seemed like this team went back to the old way of basketball that us tigers fan know they really played like a veteran ball club if they can beat hudson and hj can beat ff then saturday will in many ways be the state championship just not in austin. I wish both hj and silsbee the best it shows the state that there is great basketball here and as a die hard tiger fan lets focus 1 game at a time. I think the tigers really woke up during the 4th quater of the wo-s game and should start really rolling from there. GOOD LUCK TIGERS JUST WIN.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami