*HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. NAVASOTA... HAWKS WIN 78-62!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="767670" timestamp="1267249518"]
Scoring for both teams:

Navasota

Jersey Gates            21  (4 three pointers)
Aleon Calhoun           14  ( 11 rebounds, 3 blocks)
Kesnick Jones           13
Kevin Nelms               6
Alfon Taylor               4
KJ Nelms                   2
Jarvis Harrison           2

Hardin-Jefferson

Shawn Prudhomme       23
Jacolby Turner             19  ( 6 steals)
Grayson Sutherland       16
Garrett Gustafson          11
Will Anderson                 5
Blake Venable                2
Lionel Stagg                  2

Score by quarters

1      2     3      4      tot
Navasota            17    22    5      18     62
HJ                      17   19    19     23     78

foul shooting

Navasota        16/19    84%
HJ                  21/26   81% ( 14/17 in second half)

3 point shooting

Navasota      4/15  27%
HJ                3/6   50%

turnovers

Navasota      18
HJ                14

rebounds

Navasota        30
HJ                  30
[/quote]I'm not familiar with Shawn Prudhomme......Has he been starting all year?

[quote name="no-look" post="767756" timestamp="1267283594"]

I'm not familiar with Shawn Prudhomme......Has he been starting all year?
[/quote]He doesn't start.  Blake Venable (senior), starts at Forward.  Shawn comes in off the bench.

The other guys are right.  He's number 10, tall lanky 6'2" and has been, shall we say, interesting to watch.  You can tell the kid is going to be very good!  He does make a few sophomore mistakes, but he's improved as the year has progressed.  He can be a beast on the press when he's up front with Jacoby (otherwise known as "Jacolby").  Quick hands.

With Shawn, Gus, Sutherland, and Will Anderson returning next year, it looks like HJ will have another of their infamous "rebulding" years!!!  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="767830" timestamp="1267295681"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=66577.msg767756#msg767756 date=1267283594]

I'm not familiar with Shawn Prudhomme......Has he been starting all year?
[/quote]He doesn't start.  Blake Venable (senior), starts at Forward.  Shawn comes in off the bench.

The other guys are right.  He's number 10, tall lanky 6'2" and has been, shall we say, interesting to watch.  You can tell the kid is going to be very good!  He does make a few sophomore mistakes, but he's improved as the year has progressed.  He can be a beast on the press when he's up front with Jacoby (otherwise known as "Jacolby").  Quick hands.

With Shawn, Gus, Sutherland, and Will Anderson returning next year, it looks like HJ will have another of their infamous "rebulding" years!!!  ;)
[/quote]

plus some serious size down low to replace ricossa with pershon and that beast off of the freshman team!

No offense to the HJ seniors but going into next season I have expectations of a better team than I didf before this year. A lot of talent returning and moving up. I know all the seniors will be missed espwecially Turner and Ricossa. The question I have for Hawk fans is who will be the speedy sparkplug such as Turner, Burrel, Bernard or Donahoe. I don't see Prudhomme as that fast.

[quote name="ST413" post="767862" timestamp="1267298840"]
No offense to the HJ seniors but going into next season I have expectations of a better team than I didf before this year. A lot of talent returning and moving up. I know all the seniors will be missed espwecially Turner and Ricossa. The question I have for Hawk fans is who will be the speedy sparkplug such as Turner, Burrel, Bernard or Donahoe. I don't see Prudhomme as that fast.
[/quote]

i'm going to disagree, simply because of the fact that i don't know that they'll have that sparkplug you mentioned.  but, you never know who's going to step up from year to year.

Don't get me wrong this team has become real good my expectations weren't high enough before the season. Some of the talent I have seen this year returning next year has me with higher expectations than I had after last year. Heck I wan't expecting another split withmy Tigers and they got it.

[quote name="ST413" post="767948" timestamp="1267308913"]
Oh I think ya'll will have plenty to step up. I just haven't seen who will be that speedy defensive guy like Turner or the others flying all over the court. Lots of quick players just haven't figtured out the fast one.
[/quote]I wasn't aware that you had to have "the fast one" to excel.

This year's team is missing that player that can carry the team scoring-wise game in and game out - Donohoe, Benard, etc.  Every game seems to produce a different offensive star.  Next year, you'll see more of the same. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami