Hershal Walker

mat

Yea, Lawler came from nowhere and it was over. He couldn't have lasted much longer with the beating he was taking to the legs.

It was pretty clear Walker just wants to fight with no hype claims or goals. I liked watching him.

Cyborg is a freak!! If she ever finds anyone that can compete with her its going to be heck of a fight.

Lashley needs some real competition.  Wes Sims looked terrible

Walker's opponent couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag.

Diaz can't hold a candle to GSP

Cyborg was the highlight of the whole night but there is no competition for her  (although the lawler comeback was amazing)

There is absolutley no competition for Fedor in Strikeforce

Just a few of the reasons Strikeforce will fold soon. 

oops, i forgot.... i wonder why gsp was there? i understand guys are spectators at other events but it was odd for them to not only show him in the crowd but introduce him. if this is common why didnt they show other ufc fighters and make it a point to introduce them? i wonder how dana feels about that?

Guest baseball25
Strikeforce needs rating so they will do everything they can to show someone like GSP, lashley is going to fight rogers prob next and then strikeforce will lose ratings big time, I mean FEDOR has nobody to fight in strikeforce, Overeem is the champion and he hasn't fought in 2 yrs lol for strikeforce.

[quote name="venom33" post="753248" timestamp="1265060243"]
oops, i forgot.... i wonder why gsp was there? i understand guys are spectators at other events but it was odd for them to not only show him in the crowd but introduce him. if this is common why didnt they show other ufc fighters and make it a point to introduce them? i wonder how dana feels about that?
[/quote]

I wondered the same thing. Why was he there front row and did Dana care or have something to do with it.

[quote name="venom33" post="754664" timestamp="1265228937"]
just read walkers "disclosed" purse is $600 with NO win bonus! c'mon... $600? it was made clear numerous times that his ENTIRE purse would be donated to charity....what a generous,generous [s]guy[/s] millionaire!
[/quote]

No way. If that was the case I'd say Strikeforce would be the cheapskates

[quote name="mat" post="754811" timestamp="1265241821"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=65406.msg754664#msg754664 date=1265228937]
just read walkers "disclosed" purse is $600 with NO win bonus! c'mon... $600? it was made clear numerous times that his ENTIRE purse would be donated to charity....what a generous,generous [s]guy[/s] millionaire!
[/quote]

No way. If that was the case I'd say Strikeforce would be the cheapskates
[/quote]

heeeeeeeere ya go!

Newly crowned Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz and Robbie Lawler, who scored a stunning come-from-behind win over Melvin Manhoef, each earned an event-high $100,000 payday at this past weekend's "Strikeforce: Miami" event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently requested and today received the list of disclosed paydays from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, which oversees the Florida State Boxing Commission.

The total disclosed payroll for the Jan. 30 event was $469,600.

The show, which aired on Showtime, took place at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla.

Diaz and Lawler both earned a base pay of $100,000 (with no win bonus). Other top earners included Jay Hieron ($65,000), Bobby Lashley ($50,000) and Strikeforce women's lightweight champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos ($35,000).

Additionally, as MMAjunkie.com reported over the weekend, former NFL great and MMA newcomer Herschel Walker also earned "six figures" for his fight, according to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, though his disclosed pay was just $600. Walker likely earned the rest as a signing bonus or through some other arrangement that's not reflected in the commission's official numbers.

The total list of payouts included:

Nick Diaz: $100,000 (no win bonus)
def. Marius Zaromskis: $30,000

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: $35,000 ($15,000 win bonus and $5,000 "championship" bonus)
def. Marloes Coenen: $2,000

Herschel Walker: $600 (no win bonus)
def. Greg Nagy: $5,000

Robbie Lawler: $100,000 (no win bonus)
def. Melvin Manhoef: $5,000

Bobby Lashley: $50,000 (no win bonus)
def. Wes Sims: $25,000

Jay Hieron: $65,000 ($35,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Riggs: $30,000

Micahel Byrnes: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
def. David Zitnik: $1,500

Joe Ray: $1,500 ($500 win bonus)
def. John Clarke: $1,000

David Gomez: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
def. Craig Oxley: $1,500

Pablo Alfonso: $3,000 ($1,500 win bonus)
def. Marcos DaMatta: $2,500

Hayder Hassan: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
def. Ryan Keenan: $2,000

John Kelly: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
def. Sabah Homasi: $1,000

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder