Port Neches pony folding ?

Guest BUCMAN08

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THERE IS NO ONE TO TAKE IT OVER.THE LAST THREE OR FOUR YEARS WERE VERY GOOD FOR THE LEAGUE.WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF SELECT TEAMS ON THE SCHEDULE ALONG WITH SOME STRONG LEAGUE TEAMS THERE WAS SOME VERY GOOD BASEBALL PLAYED THERE.HOPEFULLY SOME ONE WILL PICK IT UP.

[quote name="643" post="750827" timestamp="1264682647"]
If so, its truely sad, this IS a byproduct of SELECT ball...
[/quote]
This is an example of what is wrong with Port Neches league ball.Blaming everything on select.It is not going away,until the leagues accept and invite kids of PNG to play both league ball and select it is not going to change.The leagues player count will be low.

[quote name="baseballmom24" post="751237" timestamp="1264735361"]
Port Neches Pony HAS given up their charter. Port Neches Little League has taken over to develop a Junior/Senior league for Port Neches, Groves and Nederland players age 13-15. This is going to be huge for our young players in this area.
[/quote]
This is a great move! This will open doors for interleague play with Bridge City and Beaumont.

Another option is Nederland Babe Ruth.  We are holding registration Saturday, January 30th; Saturday, February 6th & Saturday, February 13th from 10:00AM – 2:00PM at the ball park located at 3300 Park Drive in Nederland.  Applicants must be ages 13, 14 or 15 as of May 1, 2010 to be eligible for the Spring season.  Registration fee will be $140 per player.  For questions or more information contact the following:

Jeff Chandler –  409-853-2045  [email protected]
Dina Shipman–  409-781-4073  [email protected]

Guest gladiator2
Select ball is not the main reason for PN's Pony folding. The President from last year was set to run it again and decided at the last minute that he really couldn't do it. They tried to get several different people to run it and could not find anyone to do it. There was not much help last year and I can see why he was not able to do it again. After the search failed, he went to the little league for help and this is what they came up with. There is some kid's that left to play 60/90.

[quote name="TURN2" post="750836" timestamp="1264683983"]
[quote author=643 link=topic=65303.msg750827#msg750827 date=1264682647]
If so, its truely sad, this IS a byproduct of SELECT ball...
[/quote]
This is an example of what is wrong with Port Neches league ball.Blaming everything on select.It is not going away,until the leagues accept and invite kids of PNG to play both league ball and select it is not going to change.The leagues player count will be low.
[/quote][quote author=games24x7 link=topic=65303.msg755125#msg755125 date=1265307837]
Select ball is not the main reason for PN's Pony folding. The President from last year was set to run it again and decided at the last minute that he really couldn't do it. They tried to get several different people to run it and could not find anyone to do it. There was not much help last year and I can see why he was not able to do it again. After the search failed, he went to the little league for help and this is what they came up with. There is some kid's that left to play 60/90.
[/quote]
BELIEVE ME I KNOW THE SITUATION AT THE PONY FIELD.BEEN THERE DONE THAT.I AGREE THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE SOME TYPE OF LEAGUE THERE.MY STATEMENT WAS NOT POINTED AT THE PONY PARK BUT ALL OF THE PORT NECHES LEAGUE BALL.UNTIL THESE SO CALLED HIGHER UPS WHO MAKE THE CALLS FOR THESE LEAGUES COME TO ACCEPT NOT REJECT OTHER KIDS WHO WANT TO PLAY ON THE WEEKEND. THE TURN OUT IS GOING TO BE LOW

I always love when the blame is placed on "higher ups"...usually meaning the league president or league officers.  You want to know what those "higher ups" do?  They VOLUNTEER their time, usually a lot of it.  They try to find sponsors, and they have probably about 10 parents out of about 200 that will help them.  the other 190 sit there and complain about "higher ups".  I was president of a Little League in this area for 3 years, followed by the hardest working woman I ever knew, and she did it for 3 years as well.  Hurricane Rita did a job on our field, and she still ran the league following the storm, with no electricity, daytime games, and cooking stuff on a grill and drinks in an ice chest for the concession stand.  When it came time for others to show how much they cared about the league and helping out their kids, we had...you guessed it!...10 parents consistently and about 190 running their mouths about "higher ups", and not doing a d*** thing to help out the league.

My guess is that the person that was willing to take the reins in Port Neches Pony saw the "enthusiasm" (note sarcasm) of the majority of parents, and knew he wasn't going to have the time to field complaints about Little Johnny's coach, the color of the uniforms, and why they had to sell candy, if the had "paid their money".  They also wanted to know why they had to work the concession stand, and why they couldn't just sit in the stands and run their mouths at the coaches and umpires...

There...I hope that soap box is good and crushed... ;D 

[quote name="elhector1" post="758123" timestamp="1265834091"]
I always love when the blame is placed on "higher ups"...usually meaning the league president or league officers.  You want to know what those "higher ups" do?  They VOLUNTEER their time, usually a lot of it.  They try to find sponsors, and they have probably about 10 parents out of about 200 that will help them.  the other 190 sit there and complain about "higher ups".  I was president of a Little League in this area for 3 years, followed by the hardest working woman I ever knew, and she did it for 3 years as well.  Hurricane Rita did a job on our field, and she still ran the league following the storm, with no electricity, daytime games, and cooking stuff on a grill and drinks in an ice chest for the concession stand.  When it came time for others to show how much they cared about the league and helping out their kids, we had...you guessed it!...10 parents consistently and about 190 running their mouths about "higher ups", and not doing a d*** thing to help out the league.

My guess is that the person that was willing to take the reins in Port Neches Pony saw the "enthusiasm" (note sarcasm) of the majority of parents, and knew he wasn't going to have the time to field complaints about Little Johnny's coach, the color of the uniforms, and why they had to sell candy, if the had "paid their money".  They also wanted to know why they had to work the concession stand, and why they couldn't just sit in the stands and run their mouths at the coaches and umpires...

There...I hope that soap box is good and crushed... ;D   
[/quote]

AMEN TO THAT!!!  Funny how those that do the least complain the most!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics