H-J at Silsbee Game 1

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to make a prediction. HJ gets its energy from Turner if he is limited like last night it will be the Tigers game to take. The Tigers get a lot of there energy from Hill, without them they need good games from Lane and Stallworth and at least some help from one more guard. If they don't get this the Hawks should win.

i'd like to say that HJ is going to win, but i still believe that Silsbee is the favorite.  that being said, HJ definitely has a team that's good enough to win this game.  They're going to need Turner to stay out of foul trouble, and Sutherland to hit some shots.  It would also help if Gus keeps draining threes. 

One possible advantage for HJ worth noting: coming off an easy win against HF, HJ struggled to run their press and offense against the much more athletic WOS team.  Will Silsbee suffer the same jetlag that HJ did?

I see this as another battle. This game will be close from start to finish.

I have noticed that HJ has had difficulty with athletic teams this year. They lost to Central and New Waverly, and won very close games over Kountze and WOS. I believe Silsbee is much longer and more athletic than all these teams.

If the Tigers can maintain their focus and utilize their strengths (rebounding and defense) I see Silsbee winning this one, 67-58.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="750437" timestamp="1264616870"]
I see this as another battle. This game will be close from start to finish.

I have noticed that HJ has had difficulty with athletic teams this year. They lost to Central and New Waverly, and won very close games over Kountze and WOS. I believe Silsbee is much longer and more athletic than all these teams.

If the Tigers can maintain their focus and utilize their strengths (rebounding and defense) I see Silsbee winning this one, 67-58.
[/quote]I was thinking on those same lines as well. I could only assume that HJ wasn't as athletic as Silsbee and would probably have problems with athletic teams.

[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="750819" timestamp="1264661710"]
WITHOUT HILL IT WILL BE A STRUGGLE HJ IN OVERTIME BY 5
[/quote]

Now I am worried!!!!!!!!!  I felt really good about HJ winning until you posted that you thought that HJ would win.............you have been DEAD WRONG on every prediction that you have made this year.........now you pick HJ!!!!  No doubt that Silsbee takes it now!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Guest SteelerFan05
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="750809" timestamp="1264657613"]
Well who knows, One thing for sureit will prolly be the most entertaining game of the night. Always is when these two teams square off. I'm going to have to go with my Hawks 73 to 62. They always playup for the big game.
[/quote]
I don’t think either team will win by 11  ::) but I may be wrong  ;D 

What where the scores when these 2 teams squared off last year?

Who starts for Hj? If that sophomore isn't on the court at the beginning of the game then Silsbee is gonna jump all on Hj early. Hj starting 5 is too weak and small for Silsbee. Silsbee goes on a 10-0 run untill the subs come in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami