HF at HJ???

Lazeek

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="748301" timestamp="1264218024"]
Starters might have played a total of 12 minutes tonight.....no stall and press was on!!!!
[/quote]

jacoby surely went for 30 tonight... at least.  and he spent more time on the bench than on the court! 

[quote name="bullets13" post="748302" timestamp="1264218070"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=65069.msg748301#msg748301 date=1264218024]
Starters might have played a total of 12 minutes tonight.....no stall and press was on!!!!
[/quote]

jacoby surely went for 30 tonight... at least.  and he spent more time on the bench than on the court! 
[/quote]He scored 8 points in a 30 second span (layup with a foul and a technical for 5 points, followed by a layup and a foul).  When Jacoby and Sean Prudhomme (?) played the 1 & 2 on the press, HF couldn't get the ball to midcourt.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="748316" timestamp="1264219280"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=65069.msg748302#msg748302 date=1264218070]
[/quote]

[/quote]He scored 8 points in a 30 second span (layup with a foul and a technical for 5 points, followed by a layup and a foul).  When Jacoby and Sean Prudhomme (?) played the 1 & 2 on the press, HF couldn't get the ball to midcourt.
[/quote]

yup, there was a stretch in the 1st quarter where it took HF 5 or 6 possessions to cross the midstripe.

hey swagg i heard turner took a page from the alley hoop book tonight. I wonder if it was show boating or just a heckler of a play........ someone please tell me why was the heck hj throwing alleys of the backbrds late in the 4th up by 70pts......plus why were the starters playing are yall trying to get your record back from yates or more importantly are yall just trying to be like the lions......let the truth be known.

[quote name="kING TUT" post="748335" timestamp="1264221300"]
hey swagg i heard turner took a page from the alley hoop book tonight. I wonder if it was show boating or just a heckler of a play........
[/quote]C'mon.  You can't be sure if Gus missed that layup on purpose, can you? And Turner just happened to be trailing the play and luckily was there to dunk the ball.

I think we were lucky to have made that play because it stopped the beginning of an HF rally that would have overcome the 50 points deficit at the time.

BTW, I saw where Kountze scored over 100 against Buna.  I have a feeling that had at least 1 or 2 dunks of their own in that game, don't you?

Are You Serious. Hello Hj?? Is this is true what k.tut is reporting? I know the Almighty Hj didn't do that. Up 70 and trying to embarrass a woeful opponent...Nooooo Waaayyyy. Hj and staff has to much class for that. I am soo disappointed that they did that. 

[quote name="shackbully" post="748347" timestamp="1264222079"]
How is Ricossa holding up after the injury?
[/quote]He seems to be doing OK.  I understand that he has to ice down his knee every night.  He hit in double figures tonight and got numerous rebounds...... but it was against HF.  They did not play well at all in any facet of the game, including blocking out.

[quote name="kING TUT" post="748363" timestamp="1264222801"]
swagg i have the facts that the play was a show boat .......but of course they hawketts will try their justify the play...... just wondering how the pot can call the kettle black
[/quote]Let it be known that there were no HF layups during the ensuing Hardin Jefferson celebration!  8)

I think the whole Hawkette Nation need to get on here and apologize to Me, Coach Joubert and the 09'-10 Ktz Lions. They bashed us for throwing legitimate alleys. People we throw alleys because we can. Hj throws alleys because they are a fan of ours. They throw alleys off the backboard against H.F when their up "Half a Hundred" They throw alleys off the backboard against Milburn when their up "Half a Hundred" Its called showboating....We throw alleys cuz its a high percentage shot... Can I plz get some apologies?

Guest ST4life
[quote name="swag" post="748386" timestamp="1264224066"]
I think the whole Hawkette Nation need to get on here and apologize to Me, Coach Joubert and the 09'-10 Ktz Lions. They bashed us for throwing legitimate alleys. People we throw alleys because we can. Hj throws alleys because they are a fan of ours. They throw alleys off the backboard against H.F when their up "Half a Hundred" They throw alleys off the backboard against Milburn when their up "Half a Hundred" Its called showboating....We throw alleys cuz its a high percentage shot... Can I plz get some apologies?
[/quote]
I would think that a lay-up would be a more percentage shot ???

[quote name="Nefertiti" post="748392" timestamp="1264224239"]
of all the years i have been around this match up (rivalry) i have never seen something so disgraceful as a team to be winning ( blowing out another team) then just start show boating i just dont understand what happened to the mercy rule you guys were suggesting
[/quote]

HJ was deep into the bench midway through the 2nd quarter.  they called off the press at halftime.  the starters got 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter and less than 2 minutes in the 4th.  HJ could've broken 150 tonight, and held HF under 15 had they wanted to. 

[quote name="swag" post="748386" timestamp="1264224066"]
[/quote]I think you'll get apologies when you show the accusations.  What I've seen people questioning on these forums is that, while you guys are celebrating your dunks (and they ARE great dunks, btw), the other team is taking the ball and scoring.  Net score?  2-2.

When you are celebrating so much that the other team gets an easy layup, that's show-boating! 

[quote name="bullets13" post="748324" timestamp="1264220183"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65069.msg748316#msg748316 date=1264219280]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=65069.msg748302#msg748302 date=1264218070]
[/quote]

[/quote]

yup, there was a stretch in the 1st quarter where it took HF 5 or 6 possessions to cross the midstripe.
[/quote]that's kind of hard to believe with two big men on their team. All the guards have to do is {1} not panic {2} throw over the top of the press. But you gotta have good ballhandlers.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="748209" timestamp="1264213750"]
49-7 Hawks at Half!!!  Sloe are you here at game???
[/quote]Wow! Did HJ walk the ball down? Did they stop shooting? Did HJ commit any fouls in the 2nd half? HJ could have just held the ball the beginning of the 3rd. The game was alreasdy out of reach. What class!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont