HF at HJ???

Lazeek

[quote name="swag" post="748658" timestamp="1264286355"]
SAl i guess you are a fan of mine also. Your 1st post was to me. Its an Honor and i promise you that you wont be exempt from being Swagged! lol. im going to warn you now to check urself before you wreck urself.
[/quote]

not worried. trust me!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Vincent Vega" post="748715" timestamp="1264297264"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=65069.msg748674#msg748674 date=1264287818]
Good win HJ, hopefully next week we can keep the [b]intinsity[/b] up.
[/quote][b]Intensity[/b] or unsportsmanship?
[/quote]

they showed plenty of sportsmanship or they would've won this by 100 points and held HF to under 15 points.

[quote name="bullets13" post="748724" timestamp="1264298174"]
[quote author=Vincent Vega link=topic=65069.msg748715#msg748715 date=1264297264]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=65069.msg748674#msg748674 date=1264287818]
Good win HJ, hopefully next week we can keep the [b]intinsity[/b] up.
[/quote][b]Intensity[/b] or unsportsmanship?
[/quote]

they showed plenty of sportsmanship or they would've won this by 100 points and held HF to under 15 points.
[/quote] ::) ::) ::) ::)

Since no one from HF will say it, I will.....

Did HF have a chance to have a shoot around before the game or did they have to wait for the football team to do shuttle run tests in the gym?.....

Untill other sports have equal footing with volleyball and football at HF things will never change...  Yes Dove, that includes the class of 2012 as well.....

Guest stevenash
[quote name="hjhawks" post="748746" timestamp="1264300829"]
Since no one from HF will say it, I will.....

Did HF have a chance to have a shoot around before the game or did they have to wait for the football team to do shuttle run tests in the gym?.....

Untill other sports have equal footing with volleyball and football at HF things will never change...  Yes Dove, that includes the class of 2012 as well.....
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name="swag" post="748515" timestamp="1264263268"]
Soo Hawks is it okay to throw an alley off the backboard in the 4th. I remember someone from Hj saying that they would under cut Devin or Roman of the attemted a alley oop. So hawks what if a H.F player wouldve done that too Turner. Would you be okay with. Yall suggested it! Lol

[/quote]I would be sickened if an Hawk did that to anybody.  But, more importantly, I think the coaching staff would be sickened.  I'd hate to see what Coach would do to someone who tried that.  Sutherland has seen what happens, having Donohue break his nose and Trey Burrell break his jaw from errant elbows.  He respects all the kids, ours and others teams', who play the game and would make sure that doesn't happen.

The clown that made the comment you referenced above has probably never stepped on the court and does not represent the opinions of the HJ team, or any other living person.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="748766" timestamp="1264303832"]
[quote author=swag link=topic=65069.msg748515#msg748515 date=1264263268]
Soo Hawks is it okay to throw an alley off the backboard in the 4th. I remember someone from Hj saying that they would under cut Devin or Roman of the attemted a alley oop. So hawks what if a H.F player wouldve done that too Turner. Would you be okay with. Yall suggested it! Lol

[/quote]I would be sickened if an Hawk did that to anybody.  But, more importantly, I think the coaching staff would be sickened.  I'd hate to see what Coach would do to someone who tried that.  Sutherland has seen what happens, having Donohue break his nose and Trey Burrell break his jaw from errant elbows.  He respects all the kids, ours and others teams', who play the game and would make sure that doesn't happen.

The clown that made the comment you referenced above has probably never stepped on the court and does not represent the opinions of the HJ team, or any other living person.
[/quote]

So true faninthestands

[quote name="swag" post="748867" timestamp="1264355861"]
I respect that.  For some reason I like you. Seems like you are true fan. Just don't be like Lazeek, Karma, and Nash.
[/quote]Wow!  I've been both "Swagged" by you and "Respected" by you!

I feel honored!  And yes, I do love a good game of basketball, even if the Hawks happen to lose...... which they won't this week....... hopefully!

And to those whe think the Tigers don't stand a chance against HJ without Heal....... you're nuts.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="748878" timestamp="1264358583"]
[quote author=swag link=topic=65069.msg748867#msg748867 date=1264355861]
I respect that.  For some reason I like you. Seems like you are true fan. Just don't be like Lazeek, Karma, and Nash.
[/quote]Wow!  I've been both "Swagged" by you and "Respected" by you!

I feel honored!  And yes, I do love a good game of basketball, even if the Hawks happen to lose...... which they won't this week....... hopefully!

And to those whe think the Tigers don't stand a chance against HJ without [b]Heal[/b]....... you're nuts.
[/quote]

Fan, I hope that's not a play on words. His name is Pheal [b]Hill[/b].

Guest stevenash
[quote name="swag" post="748867" timestamp="1264355861"]
[/quote]

TRANSLATION:  Do not ever disagree with me and always acknowledge that I am the baddest and the greatest.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="748899" timestamp="1264362985"]
Fan, I hope that's not a play on words. His name is Pheal [b]Hill[/b].
[/quote]No, no play on words and Freud had nothing to do with it either.  I respect that guys talent way too much to show any disrespect.

For some reason I jumped to Pheal Heal, instead of Pheal Hill.  Don't worry, I'll do 20 laps and a couple of gut-busters.  It will never happen again.

Guest bleed orange
All the show boating is because of TV/NBA, that being said. Here is my take on the game. First I want to tell a story that the Kountze fans do not want to hear. In 1978 Orangefield beat Kountze in football 99-0. Believe me they returned the favor in basketball the same year. Just not as bad but all the same. In that football game Orangefield took their starters out in the second half we were up 56-0 at the half I think. I do have the article but dont feel like finding it. In the second half we never passed and ran a qb sneak for most of the second half. My point is these kids who do not see as much playing time, how can you ask them to lay down? This is their time to show the coach that hey I can play. If you want to lay down then leave the starters in. That is more respectiful. In my opinion HJ did nothing wrong. Hamphire Fannett quit just like Kountze did in 1978.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="bleed orange" post="749028" timestamp="1264382503"]
All the show boating is because of TV/NBA, that being said. Here is my take on the game. First I want to tell a story that the Kountze fans do not want to hear. In 1978 Orangefield beat Kountze in football 99-0. Believe me they returned the favor in basketball the same year. Just not as bad but all the same. In that football game Orangefield took their starters out in the second half we were up 56-0 at the half I think. I do have the article but dont feel like finding it. In the second half we never passed and ran a qb sneak for most of the second half. My point is these kids who do not see as much playing time, how can you ask them to lay down? This is their time to show the coach that hey I can play. If you want to lay down then leave the starters in. That is more respectiful. In my opinion HJ did nothing wrong. Hamphire Fannett quit just like Kountze did in 1978.
[/quote]

If my memory is correct, isn't that about the time the coaches were holding seventh and 8th graders back a year so they would have matured more by high school?

[quote name="stevenash" post="749041" timestamp="1264383625"]
If my memory is correct, isn't that about the time the coaches were holding seventh and 8th graders back a year so they would have matured more by high school?
[/quote]Yes, it seems Coach Peveto felt his best players needed another year of 7th grade.  I remember several of those Bobcats hung around an extra year.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="stevenash" post="749041" timestamp="1264383625"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=65069.msg749028#msg749028 date=1264382503]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whats wrong with that? Pretty smart in my opinion. It was all legal an still is.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="749061" timestamp="1264385472"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=65069.msg749057#msg749057 date=1264385126]
Whats wrong with that? Pretty smart in my opinion. It was all legal an still is.
[/quote]I would have killed my parents if they would have allowed the coach to hold me back.  Of course, maybe that's why Buna couldn't spell play-offs at the time, eh?
[/quote]

Yes I agree, but back then kids had no say so.  Parents let the coaches coach. Those were the good ole days. Parents, coaches and teachers had control. Not anymore.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01