Dayton vs Crosby really not a rivalry

texans

[quote name="GCMPats" post="730198" timestamp="1260814778"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=63648.msg729803#msg729803 date=1260752076]
[quote author=lonestarX link=topic=63648.msg729606#msg729606 date=1260733173]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63648.msg728240#msg728240 date=1260559526]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=63648.msg728229#msg728229 date=1260558676]
[quote author=J Creeper link=topic=63648.msg728227#msg728227 date=1260558473]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=63648.msg728215#msg728215 date=1260557340]
You live in texas, nobody cares how good your girls track team is or whether or not your coed softball team has talent.  The radioactive chemicals at the superfund site in barrett must have leaked into your water.
[/quote]

Funny that you have to resort to mentioning girls sports.  How do you think you guys will fare in basketball and baseball?  Kinda like last year?   :D
[/quote]

I'll take Barbers Hill in baseball.  ;)
[/quote]

On that little note, what happened to the Mangum kid from Crosby that was going to sign with Rice?  Did he change his mind?
[/quote]
A note on the Mangum kid, Coach Pierce at Rice decided it better for him to spend a year juco at Galveston, verses getting little playing time behind Rice's senior shortstop. Word is a lot of big names going to Galveston this year with the new coaching.
[/quote]
Thanks for the update. I think that is a wise decision...better to be playing. Hague, the Rice ss is a JR this year. Galveston will be improved this year...still a ways to go, IMO. I saw them in the fall, very impressed w/ new the coaching staff....lots of energy.
[/quote]
I agree with the P/T aspect. How important is it as a student to start off at Rice? I mean in regards to becoming acclimated to their educational environment.

Thanks for the update.
[/quote]

Very good point...Very hard to keep up grades and play at Rice. I know a couple of kids that had to transfer. Most teachers at Rice do not care that you missed a week of classes on a road trip.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with this game not being a rivalry, but it is heading in that direction.  Congratulations to the Crosby players for a great year.  Their fans have all the right to feel great about their season.  It says a lot about a program if another fan base is running at the mouth about beating you only once this decade.  All Dayton fans have to do is look back before Coach Stewart got here and remember how we would get happy if the team would just win a game.  Crosby seems to have turn the corner and heading in the right direction the last couple of years.  Hopefully we stay in the same district and if they do split us up, I hope the coaches schedule this game each year.  I am looking forward to the game next year.  Its going to be fun.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="729769" timestamp="1260749187"]
Dayton:

Briggs - Tech
Pearson - Texas
Green - Nebraska
Dugat - Houston
Louvier - Sam Houston
Passmore - Abilene Christian
Smesny - McNeese
Denman - SMU
Tennison - Northwestern
Mabry - UCF
Morias - Vanderbilt
Durio - Northwestern
Payne - New Mexico
MacQueen - A&M
Durio - UTEP

Wilfred Bowers - SFA
Stephen Ellis - Montana

Crosby
Casey - Baylor
Johnston - LSU
(sure there is more?)

I guess that's why it's not a rivalry.  I would think dayton would have twice that many over the past several years.  Don't know about crosby. cool list.
[/quote]
Dayton
Ligons-SFA

[quote name="bobtex" post="730814" timestamp="1260900179"]
Dayton is a country school with farms and ranches! On the Crosby side, it is more a bedroom community that is getting more white collar ever year!   Two different economic groups always cause friction and contempt! Both groups have their good and bad points!
[/quote]There are maybe 6 real farmers and about a dozen real ranchers still in business in Dayton----the balance is not much different than crosby. Try again.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bobtex" post="730899" timestamp="1260908950"]
Dayton is full of people who have horses and cows, that may not have a ranch or farm, but sure knows what one is! You can't say that about Crosby!Most Crosby students are city kids that have moved from Houston!
[/quote]

I would bet that most of the  old "money" in Crosby is from farming. Now, they might not farm today, but someone in their family has farmed something. Guaranteed.

Dayton is full of people who have horses and cows, that may not have a ranch or farm, but sure knows what one is! You can't say that about Crosby!Most Crosby students are city kids that have moved from Houston!
[/quote]
What point does this serve in figuring out how they will compete in football.

Crosby is a far cry from the "white collar" school districts found in Katy and Cy Fair.

[/quote]In my world owning a few cows or horses does not make you a rancher nor does growing a garden make you a farmer.

[quote name="bobtex" post="730814" timestamp="1260900179"]
Dayton is a country school with farms and ranches! On the Crosby side, it is more a bedroom community that is getting more white collar ever year!   Two different economic groups always cause friction and contempt! Both groups have their good and bad points!
[/quote]

Really  ??? ??? ???
I need to get out more.  :o

[quote name="BHFAN" post="728422" timestamp="1260578350"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=63648.msg728229#msg728229 date=1260558676]
[quote author=J Creeper link=topic=63648.msg728227#msg728227 date=1260558473]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=63648.msg728215#msg728215 date=1260557340]
You live in texas, nobody cares how good your girls track team is or whether or not your coed softball team has talent.  The radioactive chemicals at the superfund site in barrett must have leaked into your water.
[/quote]

Funny that you have to resort to mentioning girls sports.  How do you think you guys will fare in basketball and baseball?  Kinda like last year?   :D
[/quote]

I'll take Barbers Hill in baseball.  ;)
[/quote]

I'll take BH in the rest of the UIL competitions till the end of the school year ;D ;D
[/quote]

Thats assuring a Loss... If Crosby is good at one thing its Debate what is it 19 straight district titles now. not to mention a couple state titles =P

We had a WR QB Combo in 02? one went to Lousiana Tech the other somewhere else, if i remember right we lsot that game but we made that dayton defense look silly (to bad we didn't have a defense.

We had a guy go to UTEP aswell. as for Baylor not counting... Your an idiot.

also the reference of "crosby as the Baylor of this area" thier are several problems with this analogy, 1 we've won two district titles in three years. 2) we beat Dayton so get over yourselves... as for BH and GCM beat us before you say anything.

In fact BH seems to eb the Baylor of the area... you know exceeding in everything that doesn't matter...

Also GCM your to young to even sniff what a rivalry is.

Statistics are one thing, beating us next year something completely different... when Dayton can stop Merka let me know... another year older another year bigger and another year of playing QB for the COugars...
FYI Crosby and Dayton BOTH SUCKED PRIOR TO STEWARt, so get over yourselves.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="731239" timestamp="1260957297"]
We had a WR QB Combo in 02? one went to Lousiana Tech the other somewhere else, if i remember right we lsot that game but we made that dayton defense look silly (to bad we didn't have a defense.

also the reference of "crosby as the Baylor of this area" thier are several problems with this analogy, 1 we've won two district titles in three years. 2) we beat Dayton so get over yourselves... as for BH and GCM beat us before you say anything.

In fact BH seems to eb the Baylor of the area... you know exceeding in everything that doesn't matter...

Statistics are one thing, beating us next year something completely different... when Dayton can stop Merka let me know... another year older another year bigger and another year of playing QB for the COugars...

[/quote]
Unfortunately for the Cougars...
They are losing many key elements of their defense and their running back.
Dayton returns a sophomore QB and a dynamic trio of sophomore receivers, and don't forget...
Crosby was still watching Dayton play football while Merka was lifting weights.

[/quote]Poor Crosby

Guest GCMPats

[/quote]

Don't know why you even mention GCM in your little tirade. Enjoy your success, it will be fleeting!

Guest Grievous
Poor Crosby? You mean the 19-4A Champs?  Here's a little Christmas present for you Diamond-J.  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvAuwam5zkg  Enjoy your holidays!

[quote name="Grievous" post="731303" timestamp="1260973660"]
Poor Crosby? You mean the 19-4A Champs?  Here's a little Christmas present for you Diamond-J.  ;D

[/quote]

A post by a crosby fan under the video....

[color=red]4cougars1 (1 month ago)
i was there
finally we beat Dayton [/color]

;D ;D ;D finally!

[/quote]Poor Crosby----cry and cry for respect---stomp your feet, hold your breath until you turn blue and your DADDY gives you no credit----poor Crosby

Guest GCMPats

[/quote]

The "My Cat Tigger Being a Perv" (on the list of videos on the right) would probably me more appropiate for a Cougar fan. That probably happens more often than Crosby beating Dayton in football.

[quote name="Grievous" post="731345" timestamp="1260976498"]
Aaaaah, so refreshing to see to GCM/Dayton band together. You do at least share one thing in common. ;D
[/quote]

Good to see Crosby posters coming out of the woodwork to boast about a rare football win over dayton.  ;)

Welcome to the board... I hope you'll stay around and keep things interesting until next football season gets here.

Guest Grievous
[quote name="BRONCO FAN JW" post="731359" timestamp="1260977471"]
They will hang around untill they recieve that Dayton beat down they are so used to getting and then they will crawl back under a rock and lick their wounds.
[/quote]

:D  Jeez, we might lose sleep over this one, the intimidation meter is off the scale.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder