Dayton vs Crosby really not a rivalry

texans

[quote name="Lights.Out10" post="728275" timestamp="1260563236"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=63648.msg728267#msg728267 date=1260562574]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63648.msg728240#msg728240 date=1260559526]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=63648.msg728229#msg728229 date=1260558676]
[quote author=J Creeper link=topic=63648.msg728227#msg728227 date=1260558473]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=63648.msg728215#msg728215 date=1260557340]
You live in texas, nobody cares how good your girls track team is or whether or not your coed softball team has talent.  The radioactive chemicals at the superfund site in barrett must have leaked into your water.
[/quote]

Funny that you have to resort to mentioning girls sports.  How do you think you guys will fare in basketball and baseball?  Kinda like last year?   :D

[/quote]

I'll take Barbers Hill in baseball.  ;)
[/quote]

On that little note, what happened to the Mangum kid from Crosby that was going to sign with Rice?  Did he change his mind?
[/quote]

Good question...not sure either. I will try to find out.
[/quote]
instead of worrying where Caleb is going, y'all should be worrying about how much damage him and the rest of the Coogs are gonna cause on their way to a district championship!
[/quote]

I'm a baseball guy.....worried  ??? ??? no, just curious where he will be playing ball in college...good solid player.
Couldn't give a rat's a$$ about the other honestly...mine's in college now. He's the lefty that owned Crosby in '07-08.  ::) ::) ::)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="J Creeper" post="728227" timestamp="1260558473"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=63648.msg728215#msg728215 date=1260557340]
You live in texas, nobody cares how good your girls track team is or whether or not your coed softball team has talent.  The radioactive chemicals at the superfund site in barrett must have leaked into your water.
[/quote]

Funny that you have to resort to mentioning girls sports.  How do you think you guys will fare in basketball and baseball?  Kinda like last year?   :D
[/quote]WE will do ok unless your pitcher THROWS AT OUR GUYS HEAD AGAIN----

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="728229" timestamp="1260558676"]
You live in texas, nobody cares how good your girls track team is or whether or not your coed softball team has talent.  The radioactive chemicals at the superfund site in barrett must have leaked into your water.
[/quote]

Funny that you have to resort to mentioning girls sports.  How do you think you guys will fare in basketball and baseball?  Kinda like last year?   :D
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll take BH in the rest of the UIL competitions till the end of the school year ;D ;D

"Really not a rivalry" ????  I know this is a old post, but I couldn't not make a reply.
Can anybody find the old news clip from the 50's?, that a Preacher from Crosby wrote after a game with Dayton? He talked about the loss, and how the Devil was on the field that night in the form of Umps. Just a old memory... :-* :-*

[quote name="Slimpickens" post="728547" timestamp="1260622027"]
"Really not a rivalry" ????  I know this is a old post, but I couldn't not make a reply.
Can anybody find the old news clip from the 50's?, that a Preacher from Crosby wrote after a game with Dayton? He talked about the loss, and how the Devil was on the field that night in the form of Umps. Just a old memory... :-* :-*
[/quote]Headline read------------------- "CROSBY DEFEATS SATAN"--- I think the score was 7-6 not sure though. Mike George can elaborate as he wrote an article a few years back on the story.

I did not grow up in Crosby, did not go to school here but did move here some time ago.  I would say that after reading several of posts on this site typically the majority of them are against, or negative towards Crosby. 

I would agree that there is really no active rivalry between Crosby and Dayton, my reason would be Crosby wants to beat Dayton every year and puts forth an extreme amount of passion in those games no matter what sport.  On the other hand, I really don't think Dayton could care less who they play they just want to win every game.

The one thing that I do find interesting is that BH, GCM and Dayton all love to hate Crosby.  So as much as Crosby may be obsessed with beating Dayton, I would have to say that BH, GCM and Dayton are just as obsessed with beating Crosby.

With that said, I think there is more of a rivalry remaining between Crosby and Barrett than anyone Crosby plays, and this must end before Crosby will be successful at anything on a consistent basis.

[quote name="texans" post="728819" timestamp="1260651890"]
[quote author=SETEXASSPORTS link=topic=63648.msg728810#msg728810 date=1260651637]
[color=red][size=18pt][/size][/color]28-0
[/quote]
a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile
[/quote]
I dont blame you, I would have got those shirts with the dayton score highlighted, i mean when something very unusual happens you should let others knows.  If outside people dont know, and the way the series between the 2 schools has been of late, heck they may be dead before it happens again.

Read an earlier post that intimated that crosby has had more players playing college ball than dayton.  It would be interesting if we could come up with a definitive list of each schools players who advanced to the next level in football over the past 15 or 20 years.  Also, it would make the dude very happy if this thread was still going when Dayton and Crosby play next year. 

Who was the last player crosby sent to a good D-1 football school? Baylor doesn't count because they are the crosby of the big 12.  I know Dayton had a couple of starters in Briggs at Texas Tech, Pearson at Texas, eventually Green at Nebraska, seems like there would be more.  Anybody else have some more names?  Crosby player?  Football only.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="729079" timestamp="1260663390"]
Who was the last player crosby sent to a good D-1 football school? Baylor doesn't count because they are the crosby of the big 12.  I know Dayton had a couple of starters in Briggs at Texas Tech, Pearson at Texas, eventually Green at Nebraska, seems like there would be more.  Anybody else have some more names?  Crosby player?  Football only.
[/quote]

AJ Dugat at Houston..as long as he waits it out...Brandon Payne @ New Mexico and Mike Mabry @ UCF...still D1, although not top tier

[quote name="GCMPats" post="728240" timestamp="1260559526"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On that little note, what happened to the Mangum kid from Crosby that was going to sign with Rice?  Did he change his mind?
[/quote]
A note on the Mangum kid, Coach Pierce at Rice decided it better for him to spend a year juco at Galveston, verses getting little playing time behind Rice's senior shortstop. Word is a lot of big names going to Galveston this year with the new coaching.

some down time at work and google yielded the following:

Dayton:

Briggs - Tech
Pearson - Texas
Green - Nebraska
Dugat - Houston
Louvier - Sam Houston
Passmore - Abilene Christian
Smesny - McNeese
Denman - SMU
Tennison - Northwestern
Mabry - UCF
Morias - Vanderbilt
Durio - Northwestern
Payne - New Mexico
MacQueen - A&M
Durio - UTEP

Crosby
Casey - Baylor
Johnston - LSU
(sure there is more?)

Add to the list if you know who went where.

Dayton:

Briggs - Tech
Pearson - Texas
Green - Nebraska
Dugat - Houston
Louvier - Sam Houston
Smesny - McNeese
Denman - SMU
Tennison - Northwestern
Mabry - UCF
Morias - Vanderbilt
Durio - Northwestern
Payne - New Mexico
MacQueen - A&M
Durio - UTEP

Wilfred Bowers - SFA
Stephen Ellis - Montana

Crosby
Casey - Baylor
Johnston - LSU
(sure there is more?)

I guess that's why it's not a rivalry.  I would think dayton would have twice that many over the past several years.  Don't know about crosby. cool list.

[quote name="lonestarX" post="729606" timestamp="1260733173"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
A note on the Mangum kid, Coach Pierce at Rice decided it better for him to spend a year juco at Galveston, verses getting little playing time behind Rice's senior shortstop. Word is a lot of big names going to Galveston this year with the new coaching.
[/quote]
Thanks for the update. I think that is a wise decision...better to be playing. Hague, the Rice ss is a JR this year. Galveston will be improved this year...still a ways to go, IMO. I saw them in the fall, very impressed w/ new the coaching staff....lots of energy.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="729769" timestamp="1260749187"]
Dayton:

Briggs - Tech
Pearson - Texas
Green - Nebraska
Dugat - Houston
Louvier - Sam Houston
Smesny - McNeese
Denman - SMU
Tennison - Northwestern
Mabry - UCF
Morias - Vanderbilt
Durio - Northwestern
Payne - New Mexico
MacQueen - A&M
Durio - UTEP

Wilfred Bowers - SFA
Stephen Ellis - Montana

Crosby
Casey - Baylor
Johnston - LSU
(sure there is more?)

I guess that's why it's not a rivalry.  I would think dayton would have twice that many over the past several years.  Don't know about crosby. cool list.
[/quote]

Don't forget RollinAC went to Army

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="729876" timestamp="1260759142"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=63648.msg729769#msg729769 date=1260749187]
Dayton:

Briggs - Tech
Pearson - Texas
Green - Nebraska
Dugat - Houston
Louvier - Sam Houston
Smesny - McNeese
Denman - SMU
Tennison - Northwestern
Mabry - UCF
Morias - Vanderbilt
Durio - Northwestern
Payne - New Mexico
MacQueen - A&M
Durio - UTEP

Wilfred Bowers - SFA
Stephen Ellis - Montana

Crosby
Casey - Baylor
Johnston - LSU
(sure there is more?)

[/quote]

Don't forget RollinAC went to Army
[/quote]

almost forgot Kharilake Martin - Colorado

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="729803" timestamp="1260752076"]
[quote author=lonestarX link=topic=63648.msg729606#msg729606 date=1260733173]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks for the update. I think that is a wise decision...better to be playing. Hague, the Rice ss is a JR this year. Galveston will be improved this year...still a ways to go, IMO. I saw them in the fall, very impressed w/ new the coaching staff....lots of energy.
[/quote]
I agree with the P/T aspect. How important is it as a student to start off at Rice? I mean in regards to becoming acclimated to their educational environment.

Thanks for the update.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder