*Nederland vs. Crosby Playoff Updates*Crosby Wins 35-29/Comments

KFDM COOP

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="fido" post="708426" timestamp="1258256016"]
I went to this game. Ned is not that good. IMO The only life they had was what Crosby gave them. They blocked a feel goal and gained some mo, but other than 3 big plays Ned was dead. Good luck 19-4A and the coogs. Crosby was by for the more physical team.
[/quote]

Yeah, Nederland had 27 carries for 12 yards. The Cougars dominated both lines of scrimmage. Crosby had 270 yards on the ground and didn't have to pass. This game was a blowout until the Coogs let their guard down up by 23 in the 4th and started subbing people. But I will say, Nederland didn't give up and they played with lots of heart. I hope that #7 and the other receiver that got popped is okay for the Dogs. And #2 for Nederland had a strong arm and lots of poise. He will be a force next year.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to this game. [b]Ned is not that good[/b]. IMO The only life they had was what Crosby gave them. They blocked a feel goal and gained some mo, but other than 3 big plays Ned was dead. Good luck 19-4A and the coogs. Crosby was by for the more physical team.
[/quote]

A 5-5 team that has a fumble on the winning drive with less than 2 minutes.

Crosby 35, Nederland 29 - Final

Crosby Overall: 9-2  District: 7-0
Nederland Overall: 5-6  District: 4-3
Boxscore
Saturday November 14, 2009 2:00pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Crosby 14 7 7 7 35
Nederland 0 7 6 16 29

Scoring summary
CRO -- Jakacy Evans 3-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 08:55, 1st.
CRO -- Jakacy Evans 2-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 03:15, 1st.
NED -- Stephen Schlett 35-yard pass from Dionte Forney (Taylor Trahan kick), 09:51, 2nd.
CRO -- Jakacy Evans 9-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 01:50, 2nd.
NED -- Grant Lovelady 3-yard run (Taylor Trahan kick failed), 03:53, 3rd.
CRO -- Jakacy Evans 52-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 02:41, 3rd.
CRO -- Jakacy Evans 3-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 11:57, 4th.
NED -- Brent Salenga 13-yard pass from Dionte Forney (Brent Salenga from Dionte Forney), 08:39, 4th.
NED -- Stephen Schlett 31-yard pass from Dionte Forney (Taylor Trahan from Grant Lovelady), 07:28, 4th.

Team Stats
Crosby Nederland
Total yards 360 308
First downs 21 17
Rushes/Yds 49/268 27/12
Average rush 5.47 0.44
Comp/Atts 7/18/0 21/35/1
Pass yards 92 296
Comp pct 38.89 60
Punts 3 4
Punting Yards 101 165
Punting Average 33.67 41.25
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 4/3
Penalties-yards 3-15 2-8

Crosby
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Dominic Merka 7 18 38.89 92 0 0
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Forrest Tyler 3 13 4.3 0 0
Dominic Merka 9 5 0.6 0 0
Jake LeFleur 4 28 7 0 0
Jakacy Evans 34 223 6.6 0 5
Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Paul Erwin 2 31 15.5 0 0
Forrest Tyler 1 22 22 0 0
Kelvin Holmes 3 33 11 0 0
Ashton Martin 1 6 6 0 0

Nederland
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Dionte Forney 20 34 58.82 280 3 1
Trevin Sonnier 1 1 100 16 0 0
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Grant Lovelady 4 13 3.3 0 1
Brent Salenga 2 3 1.5 0 0
Dionte Forney 13 -45 -3.5 0 0
Trevin Sonnier 7 40 5.7 0 0
Joey Ruzick 1 1 1 0 0
Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Ryan Brady 4 62 15.5 0 0
Brent Salenga 5 23 4.6 0 1
Trevin Sonnier 3 34 11.3 0 0
Stephen Schlett 3 91 30.3 0 2
Taylor Williams 4 76 19 0 0

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="708503" timestamp="1258258546"]
[quote author=fido link=topic=62381.msg708426#msg708426 date=1258256016] 
I went to this game. [b]Ned is not that good[/b]. IMO The only life they had was what Crosby gave them. They blocked a feel goal and gained some mo, but other than 3 big plays Ned was dead. Good luck 19-4A and the coogs. Crosby was by for the more physical team.
[/quote]

[/quote]

A 5-5 team that has a fumble on the last drive, not the winning drive.  Crosby was by far the better team.  Just because Nederland made it interesting against many of Crosby's reserves really doesn't mean anything. When it was 35-29 and the Coogs had to bring the starters back out, Nederland got shut down again.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="708518" timestamp="1258259157"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=62381.msg708503#msg708503 date=1258258546]
[/quote]

[/quote]

A 5-5 team that has a fumble on the last drive, not the winning drive.  Crosby was by far the better team.  Just because Nederland made it interesting against many of Crosby's reserves really doesn't mean anything. When it was 35-29 and the Coogs had to bring the starters back out, Nederland got shut down again.
[/quote]

Any word on where next weeks game will be played?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="708518" timestamp="1258259157"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=62381.msg708503#msg708503 date=1258258546]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So the Crosby fans weren't just a little bit worried when Nederland had the ball at the end with a chance to win?  Crosby has definitely improved since the last time I have seen them,  but I still think a good team will beat them handily.  They did a good job getting to our QB by blitzing from everywhere.  By the way that offense that just scored 29 on your stellar defense was ranked dead last in 20-4a all year.

Anyways good luck to Crosby in the 2nd round.

I went to this game. Ned is not that good. IMO The only life they had was what Crosby gave them. They blocked a feel goal and gained some mo, but other than 3 big plays Ned was dead. Good luck 19-4A and the coogs. Crosby was by for the more physical team.
[/quote]

WOW!  You're either biased to Crosby or just plain ignorant.  From where I was sitting, it looked like Crosby benefitted from several huge plays themselves....and isn't that part of the game?  The game was way too close to say that Nederland was "dead".  There wasn't a Crosby fan that wasn't holding their breath until the Dogs gave the ball back to them for the last time with about a minute and a half left in the 4th. 

If the Dogs are not that good, neither is Crosby.  The view must not have been good from the Crosby side of the stadium, because from the Nederland side of the stadium, it looked like two pretty good teams fighting it out. 

The Dogs played with heart and class.  This game could easily have had a different outcome.  We are proud of our boys for their determination and drive.  I understand that you must "feel" the need to put a spin on this one by criticizing the team that came in as the clear underdog, but still gave your Coogs a serious run for the money!

And you are not worthy of a canine screen name.  Turn that sucker in and see if you can get something more appropriate like "Wussy cat."

what??? ???
crosby had almost 300 yards on the ground.....and yes it is apart of their game..
they pounded the ball on off..
but have to give credit... Nederland fought their way back even with back ups in... maybe crosby's fault for underestimating them...up 3 scores in the 4th....most teams would have given up...
crosby put the starters in when the game was on the line and they came through just like always....
way to step up again D.........
but yes you are right.... Ned played with heat
great season Nederland...... yall play with class and you have a great fan following.......

Nederland I want to say congratulations on a good come back season. I know the injuries hurt your team at the beginning of the season. But, you guys fought back and won the games you had to win. Do not hang your heads, you persevered and it paid off. You fought hard and gave all your heart to what you knew you could do. I truly believe you guys had Crosby on their heels in the 4th. I know they felt that way too. Don't let their yacking put a downer on what you guys have done this season. I feel Crosby will be pulling out the BB shoes after next week anyway. If there is a come from behind game with a chance to win because of heart it would be this game. Great job and great season.

It is simple, the best team won. To think that Crosby yawned its way through the game though is ludicrous. Nederland gave up about 300 yards on the ground... but Crosby gave up 300 yards in the air. Is there a difference? Crosby gives up 3 touchdown passes to the 4th string quarterback that is really the starting defensive end and wasn't the quarterback until 4 games ago. While some may mistakenly claim that Crosby had its second string in near the end of the game, Nederland came into the game with half of its second string on the field.

The best team won and should be congratulated but Nederland put up a valiant effort. All that you can do in any endeavor in life is to give it your best and the Bulldogs gave it their best. For that, they should be congratulated.

From an old Golden Triangle boy.......way to go Bulldogs.  It takes the heart of a real Bulldog to come back the way you did.  I listened to most of the game on the radio, wishing that I was there to see it myself.  I feel sorry for the Nederland opponents next year when that team gets healthy.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="708797" timestamp="1258302483"]
Back-ups in for Crosby?????  You need to re-watch the game on this site and see they same secondary was in the entire game for Crosby.  They did use another RB on some play when #21 hurt his hammy, but come on BACK-UPS???
[/quote]

Line BAcker Core... (you know the 25 sacks orwhatever)
And one of the corners (who got burnt twice were backups)

Safeties for the most part weren't i think that Donnie pretty much played the whole game.

But our LB'sa and a corner got beat... and all the big plays where only because we missed a tackle that we shoulda had on the QB...

Id like to see the hurries/sack totals for crosby in this game.

But whatever... We're not going far seems to be a good bulletin board message... thx.

[quote name="hitman009" post="708655" timestamp="1258275645"]
what??? ???
crosby had almost 300 yards on the ground.....and yes it is apart of their game..
they pounded the ball on off..
but have to give credit... Nederland fought their way back even with back ups in... maybe crosby's fault for underestimating them...up 3 scores in the 4th....most teams would have given up...
crosby put the starters in when the game was on the line and they came through just like always....
way to step up again D.........
but yes you are right.... Ned played with heat
great season Nederland...... yall play with class and you have a great fan following.......

[/quote]

DITO sums up the game .

You Southeast TX folks absolutely crack me up.  The better team was CROSBY and they won the game...and absolutely THERE WERE BACKUPS in the game getting burned...geez.  Nederland you fought hard but were not very good. It is funny- last year Crosby- a 3rd place team in 19-4A beat your DISTRICT CHAMPS.....and not much smack talk.  Nobody in the Triangle is giving Crosby any credit...gonna get beat by Nederland...er, I mean Montgomery.....er I mean......?????  Come on folks..quit being such HOMIES and give folks credit when it is due.

If there were wholesale backups in the game getting garbage time as you folks are saying, your coach is an absolute freakin IDIOT... since I don't think he is.... I'll make my own assumptions as to who the IDIOTS are.  Grow up, Crosby won, they did what they had to do to win the game, but get a grip if you think they played the backups in the fourth quarter, Flanigan is not an IDIOT and it would take one to pull the starters at that point in the game.  Mabye that's how you justfiy the fact that the game was close when many Crosby fans didn't think it would be.

[quote name="Penny" post="709335" timestamp="1258338121"]
If there were wholesale backups in the game getting garbage time as you folks are saying, your coach is an absolute freakin IDIOT... since I don't think he is.... I'll make my own assumptions as to who the IDIOTS are.  Grow up, Crosby won, they did what they had to do to win the game, but get a grip if you think they played the backups in the fourth quarter, Flanigan is not an IDIOT and it would take one to pull the starters at that point in the game.  Mabye that's how you justfiy the fact that the game was close when many Crosby fans didn't think it would be.
[/quote]

It was LB's who had injury problems and A corner who did to... Not an idiotic call a tough call in that situation. So the only Idiot i see if you.

Also i believe that was our D coordinators Call, flannagan i "believe" is decently handsoff because he trust his staff.

The game Honestly wasn't that close alot of things did go thier way and made us sweat... But honestly they had 4 possessions in the game inwhich they even had a chance of tieing or taking the lead and none of them made it apst the 50 yard line.

Watch the game then tell the fans (WHO KNOW THE KIDS) who was in and out/.

An injury is one thing, wholesale backups that "let" Nederland get back in the game is another.  Injuries are a part of the game, we know a little about that over here.  Somebody's making excuses for why they didn't blow somebody out, and the excuses are pathetic.  I've heard worse excuses from teams who lose, some folks just don't know how to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder