*Nederland vs. Crosby Playoff Updates*Crosby Wins 35-29/Comments

KFDM COOP

Cougtalk,

I feel as though the better team won. It was a great game though and an exciting ending. Discounting the Dogs comeback the way you have is ridiculous. Blaming it on "subs" and "injuries" shows your lack of class. If that were the case then to make things fair you guys should have had to start your Defensive End at QB like we did, take your best WR out at the half since he hurt his arm, and have your starting RB play the entire game at RB and LB like ours did. No excuses, the better team won the game, but give credit where credit is due. The Dogs made a very good comeback. If you would have told me before the game that we would contain Merka the way we did, then I would have bet big money on the Dogs. Evans absolutely ate our lunch though and was the difference in the game. Good luck to Crosby the rest of the way.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jake94" post="709446" timestamp="1258342961"]
Cougtalk,

I feel as though the better team won. It was a great game though and an exciting ending. Discounting the Dogs comeback the way you have is ridiculous. Blaming it on "subs" and "injuries" shows your lack of class. If that were the case then to make things fair you guys should have had to start your Defensive End at QB like we did, take your best WR out at the half since he hurt his arm, and have your starting RB play the entire game at RB and LB like ours did. No excuses, the better team won the game, but give credit where credit is due. The Dogs made a very good comeback. If you would have told me before the game that we would contain Merka the way we did, then I would have bet big money on the Dogs. Evans absolutely ate our lunch though and was the difference in the game. Good luck to Crosby the rest of the way.
[/quote]

Never said they didn't have a good comeback, i just simply stated the facts the coaches protected players (who had previous injuries) and it almost bit them. It was more of a response to people who thought Crosby's win was lucky i reccuring theme in the first 10 pgs.

I don't have to blame a fourth quarter comeback on anything when you get an onside kick its easy to make up 14 points quickly... Didn't get the second one the cougars marcched a little ways down the field and kept the Bulldogs penned behind the 50 the rest of the game. Just wasn't as "close" as the score may ahve indicatedwasn't like you had the ball on the two and their was a fumble. it was you ahd the ball on the 35 and couldn't move it and a kid tryed to do to much and the cougars recovered. Simply put this game was a good one and shouldn't have been.

But if thats Classless call me classless i assur ei prolly have more class than any other "poster' on here i'll eat my crow we its time but for now it doesn't matter COOgs won, conviniclingly stoped the run sacked the quarter back a million times and played a ok game defensively,, and a decent game offensively. I'm just ready for a bulldog fan to just be like Good game You won... Like every crosby fan after the PNG game and like EVERY crosby fan after thhose 9 years of losing to Dayton. 

I just want to CONGRATULATE each and every one of our boys for one of the most interesting and fun seasons we have every had.  No one outside of our district has a real understanding of what you guys have gone through this season.  The spirit you ignited from the fans was amazing.  THE BOYS AND COACHES ARE A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF BULLDOG HEART AND PRIDE !!!!!!!!!! 

Enjoy the rest of your school year and to those Seniors who will be graduating, it's been a pleasure watching you play and good luck in your future careers.  For the rest of the guys..... can't wait to cheer you on next season. 

THANKS AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL SEASON !!!!                  GO BULLDOGS !!!!!!!

[font=Comic Sans MS]I'm so proud of our Bulldogs.  Win or loose they showed so much CLASS.  Heart and determination was seen through every game. Hands down Crosby won but what sorry winners they were.  All that dancing crap on the field after the win will come back to bite you on the butt one day. 

For our boys to come back kicking and screaming in the 2nd half was awsome to watch.  They never hung their heads or stopped giving their all. 

High school football is not where these boys will peak.  That is just the beginning of a great life ahead of you.  The memories and the lessons learned by playing with so much heart and class will follow you through your entire life.    Be Proud!!!  We are of you![/font]

Crosby was flat out, no doubt about it the better team. I was very proud of the fight that our Dogs put up, but I honestly do not think that on our best day with our best players healthy we could have beaten Crosby this past Saturday. They were bigger, stronger and faster, executed better and totally 100% deserve to move on in the playoffs.  From what I saw I really think that if they met any 20-4A team again today, they would beat them all pretty easily as well. I was impressed by the size of the team in general and by how well the offense executed the running game. I suspect that Crosby held back a little and just did what they needed to to win without giving away anymore than necessary. They were very dominating and made moving the ball on the ground look easy.

All that being said, it just was what it was, there is no shame in being beaten by a better team and Crosby was just better plain and simple. Way to go Dogs on a heartful season effort that you can be proud of. Now starting TODAY, if you want better results next year, begin planning and preparation with the intentions of not being denied an outright district championship and possible state championship for next season.

A lame attempt at spin control. Ned recievers beat the safties deep in the first half too. The better team won, and maybe the coach thought the Dogs were going to rollover, but 280yds passing shows that we can move the ball when the QB had time to throw. And no the backups were not in.

[quote name="bigdog" post="709664" timestamp="1258386598"]
A lame attempt at spin control. Ned recievers beat the safties deep in the first half too. The better team won, and maybe the coach thought the Dogs were going to rollover, but 280yds passing shows that we can move the ball when the QB had time to throw. And no the backups were not in.
[/quote]

well we had 250 rushing yards... By one back.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="708065" timestamp="1258239003"]
WR throws a forward pass. Crosby recovers.  This game is over. Great job Dogs!  Way to keep fighting.
[/quote]What happen to the wildcat ??? ...I thought the # 9 kid touch the ball 5 times and went 85 yrds to Crosby's 6 yrd line...PhatMack do you know this kid I think his name is Sonier never hear you say his name much seems to be a big part of this bulldog team (safety & receiver)...I hear he is a pretty good baseball er also ...I was just wondering because you seem to cover all the kids pretty much..And I never hear you say his name much... I watched the game on T.V and it seemed like the wildcat was working for once this year ...Just wondering ..I read that Nederland had 12 yds rushing ...I thought Sonier had like a 40 yd run in wildcat ::) ...I could be mistaken... Just wanted to mention his name....A two way starter that don't get much credit..Its all about heart and this kid has it ;)

Guest Lights.Out10
[quote name="heartattack90" post="711988" timestamp="1258642090"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=62381.msg708065#msg708065 date=1258239003]
WR throws a forward pass. Crosby recovers.  This game is over. Great job Dogs!  Way to keep fighting.
[/quote]What happen to the wildcat ??? ...I thought the # 9 kid touch the ball 5 times and went 85 yrds to Crosby's 6 yrd line...PhatMack do you know this kid I think his name is Sonier never hear you say his name much seems to be a big part of this bulldog team (safety & receiver)...I hear he is a pretty good baseball er also ...I was just wondering because you seem to cover all the kids pretty much..And I never hear you say his name much... I watched the game on T.V and it seemed like the wildcat was working for once this year ...Just wondering ..I read that Nederland had 12 yds rushing ...I thought Sonier had like a 40 yd run in wildcat ::) ...I could be mistaken... Just wanted to mention his name....A two way starter that don't get much credit..Its all about heart and this kid has it ;)
[/quote]. Number 9 did have a big run but all the sacks and tackle for losses that the Crosby defense got pretty much erased that play in the total rushing yards category.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder