19-4a vs 20-4a

tupac7

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NewIndian" post="707860" timestamp="1258232935"]
7 mary 3 Yes Brenham will be a great game, and we have played them before in Reliant, in preseason, when we were a power run team, not balanced like we are now. dont know how to predict this game but we win but by not much
[/quote]

Brenham is like Waller in that they always have a team that could show up one night and just knock your head off.  Just don't ever know what team is going to show up.  Better pack a lunch is all I can say.

Well Im back...after last night when Dayton was talkin noise about PNG and Central struggling against the #3 and #4 teams from 19 4A...NOW...the #1 team in 19 4A gives up 29 points to a team decimated by injuries from district 20-4A?  COME ON MAN???  Great job Nederland and this Indian Fan was pulling for yall! Nothing against Crosby...but the Dayton Fans feel like they are going back to state...and they loss 28-0 to Crosby?  0 points to Crosby?  PNG scored 37 against Crosby...Nederland just scored 29 against Crosby...Dayton scored 0...against Crosby?  someone help me with the math?  Vidor will roll Dayton tonight!!

I have watched 2 of the 3 match-ups from these two districts and there was not any rolling going on in any of the games, except Crosby for 3 quarters today.  They stopped playing when they got a big lead (credit to Nederland too) or it would have been 40+ to 13, as it should have been.  Dawgs were ticked and Neuman started coaching better.  The wildcat seems to be working for Nederland and PNG both.......interesting to see in high school this year.

[quote name="injunfan21" post="708204" timestamp="1258247795"]
Well Im back...after last night when Dayton was talkin noise about PNG and Central struggling against the #3 and #4 teams from 19 4A...NOW...the #1 team in 19 4A gives up 29 points to a team decimated by injuries from district 20-4A?  COME ON MAN???  Great job Nederland and this Indian Fan was pulling for yall! Nothing against Crosby...but the Dayton Fans feel like they are going back to state...and they loss 28-0 to Crosby?   0 points to Crosby?  PNG scored 37 against Crosby...Nederland just scored 29 against Crosby...Dayton scored 0...against Crosby?  someone help me with the math?  [b]Vidor will roll Dayton tonight!![/b]
[/quote]

Told yall that Crosby game was a mud bowl fluke. Keep it goin' Broncos!!!

I'm not saying that I think District 20-4A is much stronger than 19-4A, but don't forget about all of the preseason defeats 19-4A schools suffered at the hands of 20-4A schools. Granted, most weren't major defeats, but they were defeats. Your district champion team was still defeated by ours and still defeated our #3 team by less than a touchdown's value.

Again, I believe that 20-4A is the stronger district, but not much stronger. That being said, neither side should be getting too cocky.

[quote name="PFSTX" post="707787" timestamp="1258231321"]
Now back to 19/20 4A,  my point is... it seems like everytime a 20 4A team wins, folks in a different district, that will only see us in the playoffs, have a comment, which is normally negitive.  [b]My point was, why don't you boys from across the river start you a site [/b] so you do not have to waste your time on commenting on our weaker district.  When the playoffs come around, then come visit.    Oh and by the way, right now the score is 2-0, in favor of 20 4A.  Let's go priates and bulldogs, represent.  Either way, you will not have to hear any crow from me.
[/quote]

and my point is..... we have a site.... it is called setxsports.com..... because, we live in SETX.

The final score is 2-2.

Crosby played PNG early in the season when they were sureing up there the team and there positions.  They were testing player out.  Dayton had a bad night.  Lets stop comparing organs and give the kids the credit.  They have all matured and came out to play. I think both districts are closely matched.  

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="708596" timestamp="1258264974"]
I'm not saying that I think District 20-4A is much stronger than 19-4A, but don't forget about all of the preseason defeats 19-4A schools suffered at the hands of 20-4A schools. Granted, most weren't major defeats, but they were defeats. Your district champion team was still defeated by ours and still defeated our #3 team by less than a touchdown's value.

Again, I believe that 20-4A is the stronger district, but not much stronger. That being said, neither side should be getting too cocky.
[/quote]

That was always the point....the districts were evenly matched IMO but all year we hear how much tougher 20-4A was then all the districts in the state and somehow developed into an "organ measuring" contest as the one guy put it.  But yea the districts are pretty even overall except the 19-4A also rans would get creamed by the 20-4A also rans...1-5 are pretty much even.

[quote name="octfeb" post="707079" timestamp="1258176241"]
[quote author=injunfan21 link=topic=62359.msg707059#msg707059 date=1258175729]
Just got home from the game..and Congrats to the kids at Barbers Hill for giving their all...but if you really watched the game...PNG dominated and was in total control from start to finish...We dominated from 20-20, but give Barbers Hill Credit for bending but not breaking several times! As far Dayton....COME ON MAN!!! yall lose 28-0 to Crosby!  WE beat Crosby 37-7...do the MATH!!    I would have rather played Dayton than Barbers Hill, and Vidor and Nederland WILL hold serve tomorrow...our 3rd and 4th place teams will do what your districts 3rd and 4th couldnt do..... come eat crow tomorrow!!!!
[/quote]OMGOSH crosby beat dayton uh huh yep they did oh did u hear crosby beat dayton...wait everybody listening CROSBY BEAT DAYTON.....now that we ALL know that unless u were at that game u cant rely on that score.Crosby earned it yes..with that out of the way...I got crackers for you to eat the crow with.

GO BRONCOS
     ALWAYS BELIEVE...................
[/quote]Crosby wins Dayton wins  looks like 2-2 and umm didnt really see much 20-4A being stronger then 19-4A seems someone from PNG was talking smack bout 20-4A being the stronger district.
  ok so u tell me just between PNG (being someone from there kept bringing it up.)
      PNG -V- BH    21-7 = 7 point difference
      Dayton -V- Vidor  28-14  =7 point difference which comes out equal for both teams  so the question is Did 19-4A get better? Or did PNG get worse? just asking....

[quote name="injunfan21" post="708204" timestamp="1258247795"]
Well Im back...after last night when Dayton was talkin noise about PNG and Central struggling against the #3 and #4 teams from 19 4A...NOW...the #1 team in 19 4A gives up 29 points to a team decimated by injuries from district 20-4A?  COME ON MAN???  Great job Nederland and this Indian Fan was pulling for yall! Nothing against Crosby...but the Dayton Fans feel like they are going back to state...and they loss 28-0 to Crosby?   0 points to Crosby?  PNG scored 37 against Crosby...Nederland just scored 29 against Crosby...Dayton scored 0...against Crosby?  someone help me with the math?  Vidor will roll Dayton tonight!!
[/quote]  Do me a favor and look up the transitive property and realize how it doesn't apply in football especially when the playoffs start

This is getting ridiculous....we ended up with the expected split (although to be fair my dark horse GCM pick did falter).  We've got our 4 best teams still in the playoffs and they won't meet again until the Regional Championship.  Until then it's time to extend the proverbial peace pipe!

[quote name="hitman009" post="706968" timestamp="1258173368"]
good game by BH and GCM and congrants on their seasons. thought their was a fumble at the end that would have given BH a chance but refs said no so that is that.
I don't know what you 20-4A guys are pumped up about your district.  That was our 3rd and 4th place teams that you had trouble with.. and ya'll were supposed to be power houses of that district.... but I think it will end it will still be 2-2 just like last year..
[/quote]

That a girl! Go get up em and e[quote author=COUCH TATER link=topic=62359.msg707044#msg707044 date=1258175463]
First time I've seen PNG was tonight. IMO they are a solid team, well coached, have a good selection of plays, play very good defense, Harmon is solid, but lack the game breaker. The defense really stepped up in the second half and PNG was definitely the better team, but they let BH hang around. Being that I've only seen them this one time and all the hype I've heard, I wasn't as impressed as I was expecting. Sorry PNG fans. Maybe they will prove me wrong. Good luck next round.
[/quote]njoy the down time!

Definitely  wasn't their best game this year. BH is a really talented team an my hat is off to them! From what I have seen, PNG has a tough time of putting together a whole game. Their defense is almost always solid through out the game but, they have trouble getting their offense to click for the whole game.

To continue to excell in the playoffs, they will have to click on both sides of the ball in every down and in every game! Otherwise,...

Well, you get the picture!

As an Indian fan, I'm not trying to be critical. I just don't want them to slide back into the traits that they had earlier this season!

all aside.... I think 19-4A is a little bit stronger. JMO.  Crosby played a strong 3 quarters just need to finish off the game... up 35 - 19 and let them back in the game....but the D still came up strong when the game was on the line just like all year....
I have to give credit to Nederland. hard fought game.... most teams would have given up down 3 scores in the last quarter but fought back...... great season especial given the circumstances with injuries...
It ended just like I perdicted... 2-2...
I would like to complement the 20-4A following... yall support your team all the way through...

I have seen PN-G multiple times and this was not they're best showing but give credit to BH you're team played with a ton of heart. I'm a proud Indian but my job sways me from being just a fan. They are not the most talented team in the state but they find the ways to win. Faircloth makes great adjustments but he's not Bear Bryant either and he doesn't act like it. I respect 19-4A they play hard. I'll take the heart of a good team over skill players any day. I hope my Indian faithful takes a step back and embraces the role of underdog despite being undefeated. If you listened to Faircloth when he got here he said he wants to embrace the past but not live in it and he also said Nederland is just another district game. I respect that he is a lot like my baseball coach when I was there Jay Stone. Last weeks win doesn't win this week. Good luck to all SE Texas teams and that includes 19-4A

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="708663" timestamp="1258282311"]
I have seen PN-G multiple times and this was not they're best showing but give credit to BH you're team played with a ton of heart. I'm a proud Indian but my job sways me from being just a fan. They are not the most talented team in the state but they find the ways to win. Faircloth makes great adjustments but he's not Bear Bryant either and he doesn't act like it. I respect 19-4A they play hard. I'll take the heart of a good team over skill players any day. I hope my Indian faithful takes a step back and embraces the role of underdog despite being undefeated. If you listened to Faircloth when he got here he said he wants to embrace the past but not live in it and he also said Nederland is just another district game. I respect that he is a lot like my baseball coach when I was there Jay Stone. Last weeks win doesn't win this week. Good luck to all SE Texas teams and that includes 19-4A
[/quote]

Good post.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="708663" timestamp="1258282311"]
[/quote]

Thank you!

North, maybe I just read your post wrong, but the 1st place team from 20-4A won by 2, PNG, the 2nd place team was Central, they won by 1.  Wasn't Crosby the #1 team coming out of 19-4A?  They won by 1 also, and Dayton the #2 team won by 2.  I could be wrong about the finish in 19-4A.  The districts were even in the playoffs.  Not in the regular season, 19-4A was 0-5 against 20-4A.  Its the start of the 2nd season, the playoffs, lets enjoy it and support each other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83