VIDEO: Is this the SETX play of the year?

ljeicp08

Top Play by far, Vidor Pirate I have said in many post is ya'll used #43 in more plays ya'll would have won more games. My NDN's will always be my #1 but #43 for Vidor could have been a pass catching machine if he had the chance, that boy has talent!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="702748" timestamp="1257801227"]
By the way, I get chills everytime I see it !  Awesome!

All I know is I will never forget that moment!  The roar of the PN-G crowd, as Dunbar sprinted down the sideline! 
[/quote]

Watching the players on the sidelines as they cheered him on and some of the Indianettes running on the track following Dunbar to the end zone TD, it may sound goofy but, it actually brought a tear to my eyes! LOL

[quote name="PurpleDawg" post="702934" timestamp="1257813162"]
[quote author=TexAgNDN link=topic=62161.msg702748#msg702748 date=1257801227]
By the way, I get chills everytime I see it !  Awesome!

All I know is I will never forget that moment!  The roar of the PN-G crowd, as Dunbar sprinted down the sideline! 
[/quote]

[b]Watching the players on the sidelines as they cheered him on and some of the Indianettes running on the track following Dunbar to the end zone TD, it may sound goofy but, it actually brought a tear to my eyes! LOL[/b]
[/quote]

That's the part I love too... I've watched it over and over!

[quote name="D3zii" post="703075" timestamp="1257820933"]
Even though my Team was on the wrong end of that Game..
Thats TEXAS HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL AT ITS FINEST
[/quote]

Excellent post D3 and I totally agree!  No matter which team(s) we all support, Friday Night Lights in Texas is a tough act to beat.

While sitting on the PNG side, I didn't realize how loud our side got on the blocked kick.  If you listen closely to the last angle, you will hear the Central band jamming, but then the ball get blocked.  You hear some cheers from the NDNs sideline but as Dunbar turns it up field, there is an amazing uproar.  Probably registered on the seismograph at Rice lol.

[quote name="bulldawg64" post="702886" timestamp="1257808655"]
does dunbar ever play on offense?
[/quote]

With Coach Faircloth a player plays only offense or defense.  I don't think a player even practice but either offense or defense.

[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=62161.msg703087#msg703087 date=1257821613]
yes, it was lucky, but the timing and the significance of it make it the play of the year IMO.  hopefully one of our local teams will make a play in the state championships that takes this one's place  ;D
[/quote]  

But actually the significance of this play no matter how exciting it was didn't affect the playoffs.

To quote the Great Vince Lombardi (after his team won because another kicker missed a 23 yard fieldgoal) (game won the first round of the playoffs they go on that season to win the championship.

"Luck?, yeah it was luck. But from the moment those men lined up for that kick they knew they were going to win. "Thats my defintion of luck"

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="703091" timestamp="1257822010"]
[quote author=bulldawg64 link=topic=62161.msg702886#msg702886 date=1257808655]
[/quote]

With Coach Faircloth a player plays only offense or defense.  I don't think a player even practice but either offense or defense.

yes, it was lucky, but the timing and the significance of it make it the play of the year IMO.  hopefully one of our local teams will make a play in the state championships that takes this one's place  ;D
[/quote]  

[b]But actually the significance of this play no matter how exciting it was didn't affect the playoffs.[/b]
[/quote]

Had Central won the game, they would have taken #1 seed in the district and us #2, due to the head to head loss by PN-G, so I'd say there would have been some impact on the playoffs.

[quote name="TheBoysMom" post="703266" timestamp="1257855367"]
[quote author=Old61Eagle link=topic=62161.msg703091#msg703091 date=1257822010]
[/quote]

With Coach Faircloth a player plays only offense or defense.  I don't think a player even practice but either offense or defense.

yes, it was lucky, but the timing and the significance of it make it the play of the year IMO.  hopefully one of our local teams will make a play in the state championships that takes this one's place  ;D
[/quote] 

[b]But actually the significance of this play no matter how exciting it was didn't affect the playoffs.[/b]
[/quote]

Had Central won the game, they would have taken #1 seed in the district and us #2, due to the head to head loss by PN-G, so I'd say there would have been some impact on the playoffs.
[/quote]Not true.  That game had no bearing on Playoff implications.  Central and PN-G have already clinched the # 1 first round playoff spots in their respective divisions.    They were playing for either an outright  district title (Indians) or a share off the disteict title (Jags).

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="703271" timestamp="1257856321"]
[quote author=TheBoysMom link=topic=62161.msg703266#msg703266 date=1257855367]
[quote author=Old61Eagle link=topic=62161.msg703091#msg703091 date=1257822010]
[/quote]

[/quote]  

[/quote]

[/quote]Not true.  That game had no bearing on Playoff implications.  Central and PN-G have already clinched the # 1 first round playoff spots in their respective divisions.    They were playing for either an outright  district title (Indians) or a share off the disteict title (Jags).
[/quote]

Gotcha. Could have sworn I heard that on one of the news station!

Had Nederland and/or Vidor not won, could it have made a difference then?

Had Nederland AND Vidor lost then yes, it would have made a difference.  If Livingston and Lumberton had gotten the 3 and 4 spot then we would have gone D1 (big school) with Central.  If we would have lost that game with Livingston and Lumberton being 3 and 4, we would have been D1 runner-up.  So, technically if everything had played out differently then it would have been significant in the playoffs. 

BTW, I went to the PNG field house after the game for the victory tunnel and even if you didn't know who Dre was or who Zack was, you could have picked them out because of the ear-to-ear grins on their faces!  It was priceless!

[quote name="BeeJay3" post="703398" timestamp="1257867504"]
no one notice the whole png team was on the dang field while he was running ??? ??? chs won that game ref's took it away
[/quote]

We must not be watching the same video. All I see are the PN-G players on the sideline cheering as the Indians tie the game.  ::)

[quote name="ndn78" post="702911" timestamp="1257811170"]
Top Play by far, Vidor Pirate I have said in many post is ya'll used #43 in more plays ya'll would have won more games. My NDN's will always be my #1 but #43 for Vidor could have been a pass catching machine if he had the chance, that boy has talent!
[/quote]
they don't throw it to him enough, he is a great player and even greater guy, thanks for the post man

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder