WO-S vs. Coldspring Predictions?

I believe that saying the backup qb is ready for varsity is a stretch, to say the least.  He will get his turn, eventually.  Please, guys, don't rush him.  Everybody made a big deal out of the current qb last year and his expectations were grossly overrated.  I'm not trying to take anything away from him, just trying to be realistic.  WOS is a team concept.  It takes all of them to be successful.  That's what happened in '86, '87, '88 and 2000.  They played as a team.  There were several standouts on each team, but the teamwork is what made them successful. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="w" post="706068" timestamp="1258140623"]
I believe that saying the backup qb is ready for varsity is a stretch, to say the least.  He will get his turn, eventually.  Please, guys, don't rush him.  Everybody made a big deal out of the current qb last year and his expectations were grossly overrated.  I'm not trying to take anything away from him, just trying to be realistic.  WOS is a team concept.  It takes all of them to be successful.  That's what happened in '86, '87, '88 and 2000.  They played as a team.  There were several standouts on each team, but the teamwork is what made them successful. 
[/quote]

Well said w.But I gotta say I wished Deon would have started a couple of years sooner. ;)

HAHAHA the thing about the backup qb being as good as him was a joke!! But i see how nervous all the coldsprings fans are now!!! And i really dont care how fast yall say that man is because there is no way he is gonna out run james haynes to the end zone and ill take that to the bank!!! But really weve done enough talking lets let the boys take it from here!!! Go get em stangs!!!

[quote name="LTpanthers7" post="705784" timestamp="1258121274"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=61994.msg705184#msg705184 date=1258058514]
Well i guess we practiced against our jv cause we figured they were just about on the same talent level as coldsprings LMAO jk But i guarantee the backup qb we have on our scout team is just as fast if not faster than coldsprings qb!!!!
[/quote]

Wow really kid? Chad Allen, Coldsprings quarterback is way faster then WOS back up quarterback and he is just as fast as anyone on WOS whole team, in the summer they had Allen down for a 4.39 in the 40 so dont tell me WOS backup is that fast or else he wouldn't be a back up
[/quote]I must have missed this guy at the state track meet.  I will look closer next time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder