WO-S vs. Coldspring Predictions?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw these two teams last year and Wos beat csprings pretty easy. Wos is much more physical than Csprings or was last year. If coaching comes into play Trojans are in trouble. Not impressed with the bigger boy at all and his play calling.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="702207" timestamp="1257739143"]
J you won't be there will you?
[/quote]

Doubt bc going to Kilgore to watch Marshall. If something changes that I cannot get away will have all the guys over for before or after game. Cannot believe gonna miss you guys in my own backyard. SORRY.

A few things... First, we have no business predicting a blowout against CS. Although I do not feel they have played nearly as tough a schedule, you can only play what's on your schedule. They will be formidable and if we do not continue to elevate our play, they are very capable of sending us packing. Second, there is no comparing this game to the game in 2004 with Huffman. We were an experienced team that year that just wasn't very talented. This year we are a young team that is extremely talented and are starting to play up to our potential. To completely different dynamics. Also, there may be SOME fans who think we have it in the bag, but most do not. Third, apparently someone has stopped Allen this year or at least slowed him down enough because CS only scored 12 points against Cleveland and 20 against 2A Corrigan Camden. I also feel that WOS will be the best defense that CS has seen. That is in no way guaranteeing a victory or anything like that, I'm just looking at the CS opponents. Bottom line, this game will come down to mistakes and turnovers. Whomever makes the fewest wins.

[quote name="LTpanthers7" post="702200" timestamp="1257738823"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=61994.msg701771#msg701771 date=1257711334]
[quote author=LTpanthers7 link=topic=61994.msg701695#msg701695 date=1257704389]
I have not had a chance to see WOS play this year but i did watch Coldspring and they are phenomenal, there quarterback Chad Allen

let me understand...youve seen cs play a very weak liberty team who has stopped noone,you havent seen wos play this year and you come to the conclusion that if liberty couldnt stop cs wos cant either?

i believe wos will be the best defense cs has seen all year. they will be fortunate to score a total of 14!
[/quote]
i stated clearly that i know libertys defense is weak but if you watched Coldsprings quarterback Chad Allen you would know what i am talking about you can see a talented player no matter what team they are playing against he a monster and im not saying i think WOS won't be able to stop him, i KNOW they cant but we shall see Friday as i leave my house in LIBERTY TEXAS baby to head to Huffman to watch Coldspring or my bad...to watch Chad Allen spank the WOS defense
[/quote]

make sure when you leave huffman to head back to your house in LIBERTY TEXAS baby you dont forget to get back on this site to eat that full plate of crow!  ;)

[quote name="fanman" post="702098" timestamp="1257734659"]
WO-S thought the same thing against a weaker HUFFMAN team once also and the outcome was not in favor of the mighty stangs.l let the two teams play the game and decide who wins.in other word bring it don't sing it. Rome out
[/quote]      (you will need to read between the lines on this comment)  WOS "threw away" that year and the year before that  because they did not use a young man (KENNETH DEON BEASLEY)at QB. I could say more but I wont.  what did Huffman do the next year when WOS had Beasley at QB.

Well the portion of the bracket we are in is not that strong.Meaning it seems to be pretty even.No real power house to contend with until you reach the quarterfinals.Any one of the teams could get hot.Hope it is wo-s.They have just as much chance as anyone.

Now to the negitive part.In our first playoff game with Huffman I had to go to the deer lease ( bussiness ) and we lost that game.Well guess what?Hope this isn't a omen.

Can't wait for this one.  I will be in Huffman checking out the new duds and taking in this amazing game.  Saw Coldspring last week in Liberty and they looked impressive.  WOS is..well..WOS.  They are good year in and year out and I can't call this game yet bc I haven't seen them play.  Cant wait for kickoff. 

The REAL season has finally begun!

[quote name="skipper" post="702790" timestamp="1257802866"]
someone tell me a little about coldsprings
[/quote]

The O line is quite large. There QB is there best player can run good and throw decent. Two runningbacks who are both about even both can make plays but not big backs. Also they have a sophomore back who can flat out fly, fastest in the district hands down. Defense is good but not great has their weak spots..... Went to the Liberty game and it was 35-0 at the end of the first i believe.

i was not comparing this years WO-S team to the 2004 team . I was just saying i  heard for a week how WO-S was going to roll Huffman and look what happened.talking trash does not get you a win. You have to get it done on the field.WO-S was the better team in 2004. Just not on that night.With that being said i think the Mustangs beat Coldsprings.But not by much 21-14 final

Well we will have our star defensive end back for this game and im absolutely positive that he can keep their so called superstar qb contained! They dont know what speed is until they see us on that turf! And the way weve been running the ball the last few weeks they wont know what to do with all our speed! I stick to my prediction 35 to 14 stangs roll!!!!

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="702902" timestamp="1257810127"]
Coldspring is similar to Kirbyville, and I think the game will be similar also.

Coldspring in the upset of the week.
[/quote]

I disagree with this. I don't think they are quite the team that Kirbyville is. They lost to Corrigan Camden by 15 who got beat bad by Newton. They also lost to Cleveland, who was beat by LCM. Now, I'm not using this to try and say we'll win. They very well may beat us, but they are not Kirbyville.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="703013" timestamp="1257817086"]
Well we will have our star defensive end back for this game and im absolutely positive that he can keep their so called superstar qb contained! They dont know what speed is until they see us on that turf! And the way weve been running the ball the last few weeks they wont know what to do with all our speed! I stick to my prediction 35 to 14 stangs roll!!!!
[/quote]

What defensive end? Nelson?

[quote name="Gasilla" post="703041" timestamp="1257819122"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61994.msg702902#msg702902 date=1257810127]

[/quote]

I disagree with this. I don't think they are quite the team that Kirbyville is. They lost to Corrigan Camden by 15 who got beat bad by Newton. They also lost to Cleveland, who was beat by LCM. Now, I'm not using this to try and say we'll win. They very well may beat us, but they are not Kirbyville.
[/quote] Their very close according to a Coach!

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="703044" timestamp="1257819239"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=61994.msg703041#msg703041 date=1257819122]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61994.msg702902#msg702902 date=1257810127]

[/quote]

[/quote] Their very close according to a Coach!
[/quote]

It's the coaches job to be cautious. I don't have to be. Again, what either team has done until now really doesn't matter, it's all gonna come down to how each team performs this week. Having said that, they run the same offense, but, as for them being as good as Kirbyville, I'm not buying it. They haven't played each other so all you can go on is how they have fared against common opponents. That way, Kirbyville is the better team, by far.

I get tired of hearing all the lame WOS fans.  They always think WOS is gonna win the state title.  Since they came back down to 3A they have not won anything.  I doubt they could get close to Carthage.  I'm a former Trojan and really believe the Trojans can get this one this year if they play good football and eliminate mistakes.  I sure hope they do anyway cause I'm tired of hearing WOS this and WOS that.  It really gets old on this discussion board.  I usually just watch.  This time I had to comment.  If you get past us good luck against Rockdale.  At least stop bad mouthing 22-3A we used to run this area in the 90's.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="703071" timestamp="1257820807"]
I get tired of hearing all the lame WOS fans.  They always think WOS is gonna win the state title.  Since they came back down to 3A they have not won anything.  I doubt they could get close to Carthage.  I'm a former Trojan and really believe the Trojans can get this one this year if they play good football and eliminate mistakes.  I sure hope they do anyway cause I'm tired of hearing WOS this and WOS that.  It really gets old on this discussion board.  I usually just watch.  This time I had to comment.  If you get past us good luck against Rockdale.  At least stop bad mouthing 22-3A we used to run this area in the 90's.
[/quote]

Whatever you say, sunshine!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder