KFDM Sports - WOS football player, two other students suspended

ljeicp08

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it I get the feeling some folks would really like to see this whole thing go left?  Just hope it all works out and we'll move on.

You're right. It's the nature of this board to somehow find the worst in most unfortunate situations. I didn't even want to make a comment, but I'm tired of the constant sarcasm and verbal abuse that these KIDS and their families do not deserve. Hey you adults out there, go and find a more useful way to spend you time!!

Why is it I get the feeling some folks would really like to see this whole thing go left?  Just hope it all works out and we'll move on.

You're right. It's the nature of this board to somehow find the worst in most unfortunate situations. I didn't even want to make a comment, but I'm tired of the constant sarcasm and verbal abuse that these KIDS and their families do not deserve. Hey you adults out there, go and find a more useful way to spend you time!!

when did anyone abuse these kids or their families?

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I can totally understand NOT releasing the names of the kids involved but what I can't understand for the life of me is why no one is discussing the details of the suspension.

I read about a middle school student suspended after telling his classmates about a gun and I think the other recent suspension was about a kid bringing camping utensils to school.  If I am not mistaken both of these were released on KFDM's website.

Now all of a sudden no one wants to discuss details about the WOS football player being suspended.  There was sure no lack of details being discussed when the cheerleader accused the Silsbee players of raping her.

I can totally understand NOT releasing the names of the kids involved but what I can't understand for the life of me is why no one is discussing the details of the suspension.

I read about a middle school student suspended after telling his classmates about a gun and I think the other recent suspension was about a kid bringing camping utensils to school.  If I am not mistaken both of these were released on KFDM's website.

Now all of a sudden no one wants to discuss details about the WOS football player being suspended.  There was sure no lack of details being discussed when the cheerleader accused the Silsbee players of raping her.

The information put out there about the Silsbee football players should have never been completely revealed until there were charges, or better yet...indictments.  Anyone can accuse someone else of anything, but until there's proof, then it's not fair to the "accused" kids.  Here the kids from Silsbee were drug through the mud and might have missed out on some scholarship opportunities (potentially) because a girl accused them of something that at least one grand jury (maybe two, I'm not sure) have dismissed. 

And for those who "know exactly what happened"...it is surely past your bedtime kid because the only ones who know "exactly what happened" are the kids involved. 

well ill just say this. kids will make mistakes. however when those mistakes hurt others....have NO mercy. when a lesson is there to learn fine, but you cant undo the harm caused to others. the victim doesnt get another chance it cant be undone....so why should the accused? i dont know anything about the WOS situation but if they did ANYTHING to harm another student ( or anyone else) hang them PERIOD. if their bad judgement only affected them....then maybe the consequenses of their actions might be lesson enough.

Guest rykerx144

I am a firm believer in keeping it quiet while its important to keep it quiet and while things develop, but once everyone finds out there is something going on I think some information needs to be provided.  Much like on here there are several that know something has happened and have no clue what only leaving them to make assumptions and draw their own conclusions.  Majority of the time these assumption are far worse than the actual incident.  Im not saying every detail needs to be provided but to keep it from looking like people are trying to cover up things or leaving people to make their own assumption usually just makes the matter worse. 

This is terrible! The player who is suspended from the team is one of my good friends! It is ashame what he is currently in trouble for! But he is confident that after the board meeting monday he will be reinstated to the team! From what he told me i do not see why HE would be the one in trouble! It isnt even a school matter!!! Parents need to understand that kids are gonna be kids!!

I am a firm believer in keeping it quiet while its important to keep it quiet and while things develop, but once everyone finds out there is something going on I think some information needs to be provided.  Much like on here there are several that know something has happened and have no clue what only leaving them to make assumptions and draw their own conclusions.  Majority of the time these assumption are far worse than the actual incident.  Im not saying every detail needs to be provided but to keep it from looking like people are trying to cover up things or leaving people to make their own assumption usually just makes the matter worse. 

That is so true...............and other teams are talking about it and with that being said, that's how things get blown out of proportion (sp) and rumors start flying and the story gets bigger and bigger!

The problem is at this point, I don't know that we know what happened!  Today, I have five different people who claim to know the real story give me five different versions of what went down.  No coverup involved or should even be implied.  Just a cautious and patient approach to make sure that EVERYONE knows what the story is.  That is best left to the mainstream media and the school district officials investigating this.  There will be plenty of time to weigh in once all of the facts are known and revealed to all of us.

Guest rykerx144

yes your correct.  I wasnt referring to this site should handle anything different.  I think this site has done a very good job of handling this situation.  I was more referring to the maybe the school district or local athorities could be providing this information.  There is no doubt in my mind that it is being handled correctly and promptly but the silence to some is an indication of instant cover up.  Alot of people and several on here esp think with the conspiracy theory attitude and assume cover up. I just was hoping that the local authorities could start filling in some of the gaps without hurting their investigation.  Its just my opinion but I think it would help shut some of these people up!

You are comparing examples that differ from each other.

I believe that those cases of the claimed gun and camping tool happened out of state. Texas laws differ from those of other states and what may be legal somewhere else may not be legal here.

If I remember correctly, the Silsbee players case went in front of the grand jury meaning that they were adults. There is a huge difference in Texas laws relating to the releasing of names of juveniles and adults.

You're right. It's the nature of this board to somehow find the worst in most unfortunate situations. .......................

No, it is the nature of the public in general. This board reflects the rest of the community.

Do you think that the things being said on this board aren't being repeated and a lot worse on other forums or face to face?

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I can picture these people now, in the living room, ironing board set up watching As the world turns.  These are kids, give them the benefit of the doubt, you nosy pos's.

I am so glad to hear that men are starting to iron these days and watch soap operas.  I just need to know if I can have a few volunteers to tell my husband he should be ironing his own work clothes.

yes your correct.  I wasnt referring to this site should handle anything different.  I think this site has done a very good job of handling this situation.  I was more referring to the maybe the school district or local athorities could be providing this information.  There is no doubt in my mind that it is being handled correctly and promptly but the silence to some is an indication of instant cover up.  Alot of people and several on here esp think with the conspiracy theory attitude and assume cover up. I just was hoping that the local authorities could start filling in some of the gaps without hurting their investigation.  Its just my opinion but I think it would help shut some of these people up!

Who ever said that local authorities are involved?

Fact is there are plenty of "people" lurking in the fringes waiting to trash WOS for any reason. The ambulance chasers, high speed car chase watchers, and rubber-neckers of the world smell blood. Fingers are primed and ready to tear down a kid and program for a stupid mistake. We took a lot of heat for our 5 kids last year, heck people still make comments about it. Bottom line is, it makes some people feel better about themselves if they can trash someone else.