KFDM Sports - WOS football player, two other students suspended

ljeicp08

Guest Ranger83

"The best offline metaphor for message boards would be graffiti and graffiti walls. The owner of the wall is responsible only if they have knowledge of the defamation and don't take action. However, the writer of the graffiti is always liable for anything they write."

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, one of the player's is not a minor. He is no more a minor than the two football players from Silsbee who's name was plastered all over KFDM when the cheerleader rape case went public.

I don't have a problem keeping the names of these kids off the boards, but let's not be two-faced about it. Don't claim it the reason being he is a minor. That simply is not the case.

If this is in response to me saying they are all 3 minors, I'm not being two faced. I know one is a senior. I didn't and don't know when his birthday is. I never once mentioned the kids name from Silsbee. I just consider kids that are still in high school minors. I wasn't thinking about the kid legally being a minor. However, now that I think about that, I'm a little more concerned about the consequences.

Again my fault for not thinking about the kid and his age, I was only thinking that he is still in high school. Never once did I intend to be two faced. If you weren't talking about me then I just wasted too much time with this post.  ;D

If they can do without some key players this is a good game to miss.  Starters won't play much anyway.\

i wouldn't be worried about football in this case...

i know we dont know whats going on, but id be willing to bet that these kids will be out longer than just 1 friday...

if it was major enough to get suspended then im sure they'll be in trouble for a little while...

TD, no my post wasn't a direct response to your's. I was just pointing out that 17 years of age is not a minor. I assume every senior and some juniors are at this age already. Saying that some of these kids names are being withheld because they are minors is false. Not all these kids are minors. They are being withheld for other reasons and I agree with that.

If they can do without some key players this is a good game to miss.  Starters won't play much anyway.\

i know we dont know whats going on, but id be willing to bet that these kids will be out longer than just 1 friday...

if it was major enough to get suspended then im sure they'll be in trouble for a little while...

It's just 1.

It's just 1.

you know no more about this than anyone else, id be willing to put anything on that...

all im saying is that if the issue is severe enough to get suspended (as i read each post it seemed from school, not football) then they will be out for awhile...

if i misread and its not suspension from school then i take back the things i've said on this thread.

Guest Ranger83

What did the players do?

it is a suspension from school correct?

anything?

You can be "suspended" from school for any number of reasons. At GCCISD, after 7 "tardies" in a six weeks (or Sweep violations), you are assessed a One Day Suspension. Don't base the severity of the offense on the amount of punishment.

What did the players do?

it is a suspension from school correct?

anything?

You can be "suspended" from school for any number of reasons. At GCCISD, after 7 "tardies" in a six weeks (or Sweep violations), you are assessed a One Day Suspension. Don't base the severity of the offense on the amount of punishment.

well if they were suspended due to tardies we wouldn't have this thread going on this website...

and if it were tardies it wouldn't involve multiple people so it isn't wrong to assume something "bad" happen...

It's just 1.

Just 1 what? Football player, yes. Let's remember that there are other kids involved and they matter too. They are athletes too.

Look guys, the fact of the matter is that this is just kids doing stupid kid stuff without thinking. We have all done things that had we thought about it we wouldn't have done it. This is nothing more than kids making bad choices and not even thinking about it. It's unfortunate but these are all very good kids. They will get past this and go on to be productive college students and eventually productive adults.

we dont need that at west orange.i just hope the kid can learn from his mistake and go on from there and i dont care who he is. i am sure coach hooks and his coaching staff will try there very best to help this kid ,and get him back on the right path and support from his team plears also thats the mustang way

Guest tigersvoice

Not from School. It's just 1. And from what i found out today he didn't do anything wrong.

Now that's a case of REAL BAD luck.  Getting suspended for not doing anything wrong - what can you say?  Some people can't catch a break. :D 

I wonder why no one seems to be interested in the "Other Two" people.

thats basically what everyone is talking about...

and

an athlete for a school tends to hold more responsibility and such just because he is representing the school...

and as far as i have read the other 2 are not part of the program? idk... maybe i just over looked it...

I know the full story and it is an ugly situation... That is why kids don't need cell phones... If they must have them it should be basic phones where all they can do is make phone calls...

Yep, it's not good Short. Just a bad sitiuation for both parties. Nothing to really crucify them over, but it is wrong and should be dealt with accordingly.